Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

My Busted Up Driveshaft

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Busted Up Driveshaft

Well.. Here are the pictures of my broken up driveshaft on my Cobalt SS... A couple weeks ago my car just stopped moving and under further inspection I found that my driveshaft was busted up.. So I take the car to the dealer and they fixed it.. Well the mechanic comes back and they call me to say my tranny is leaking so I say ok and they tell me they need to look at it.. Well a day later I get another call and they tell me my tranny needs to be replaced or fix.. Well under inspection they found some gears and such were broken and can't not explain why any of this happened... So they had to order me a brand new tranny.. So they order a tranny from "Source" who supply's the tranny to GM.... Well 1 week later they call me and say that they have been told they have to order it from Saturn.. So I am getting a little pissed off that this is taking so long and I will be calling GM head Office.. Cause since I got the car I have had problesm with cosmetics and then now this... So I am not a happy person when it comes to this car right now.. I love the car and all.. I don't regret buying this.. But I am alittle unpleased about this particular one...

Sorry for some dark pictures.. some were night pictures (when it first happened) and some were the next day I went for more snaps.. But its hard to take pictures under there and hold the camera straight and still.. But you get the point..

Here are the pics

Some pictures of grease all over my wheel

The broken driveshaft and grease again

The other 3 pictures I left out.. they were night shots and arn't important.. cause you can see the damage from the last 4 pictures..