Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Drivetrain (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/)
-   -   New Dampner On The Market (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/drivetrain-79/new-dampner-market-13950/)

littless 03-02-2006 10:29 PM

New Dampner On The Market

1 Attachment(s)
Well guys I thought I would let you all in on a little secret. There is a new torque dampener out on the market and I was lucky enough to help out in the testing phase or it. Ingalls Engineering Company has finally released their version on the engine dampener and let me tell you from experience, this thing is awesome. Goofyguys/Vita/Cynic’s braces are good but this new brace is probably one of the better designed ones yet. Truly I have nothing against the Torque Forward brace setup other than he is having design issues for the 06 Cobalt’s which is to be expected. The Ingalls setup is a direct bolt in and fits great on the 06’s see the pic. I had the two brace setup on my car and I am getting a better feel and NO WHEEL HOP what so ever even in water. I was truly amazed at how well this works out for just one brace. We were able to put down a 25 ft patch and experienced no hop. Bowofdoom can a test to the quality of this as he was the one who had helped out until his little mishap. Folks I truly what recommend this product. The guys down there are very knowledgeable Rob, Brad, and Steve go that extra mile to make sure things are right. The appearance of the dampener is great it is made of good solid steel. The brace is polished. I have mine set for the hardest setting and there is a little vibration but nothing worse then the others that are out there. The shifts are solid and it feels as if the power is finally getting to the ground. Again I am amazed at this and thought I would share with you all another product that might help us out with the hated WHEEL HOP

ENUFPWR 03-02-2006 11:37 PM

Sweet!!!

Any idea on price? Would the vendors here carry this or do we have to order directly from them?

I found there website and the shock. Looks pretty good. :twothumbs

PART# 93040

http://www.ingallseng.com/graphics/W...escription.gif

http://www.ingallseng.com/parts/stiffy.htm

R33P3R007 03-02-2006 11:41 PM

hotness

tsmock 03-03-2006 12:26 AM

How much?

TurboTechRacing 03-03-2006 12:47 AM

I believe $307.60 is retail, if our prices are up to date. We can most likely get this forum pricing for around $200 + shipping.

zinner 03-03-2006 01:00 AM

As long as the bracket holds up it will be fine.

fiShYs- 03-03-2006 01:08 AM

where is the bracket attached to?
engine mount and block?
do u need to drill holes?

Mercury 03-03-2006 02:58 AM

Wow that is expensive for a dampner.

DC52NV 03-03-2006 03:01 AM

WOW that is a rediculous price for a damper. but i guess they can charge all they want since there isn't much competition for the cobalt tuner market. ingals is a good brand but not $300 good.

Asstyme 03-03-2006 04:06 AM

Originally Posted by littless
Well guys I thought I would let you all in on a little secret. There is a new torque dampener out on the market and I was lucky enough to help out in the testing phase or it. Ingalls Engineering Company has finally released their version on the engine dampener and let me tell you from experience, this thing is awesome. Goofyguys/Vita/Cynic’s braces are good but this new brace is probably one of the better designed ones yet. Truly I have nothing against the Torque Forward brace setup other than he is having design issues for the 06 Cobalt’s which is to be expected. The Ingalls setup is a direct bolt in and fits great on the 06’s see the pic. I had the two brace setup on my car and I am getting a better feel and NO WHEEL HOP what so ever even in water. I was truly amazed at how well this works out for just one brace. We were able to put down a 25 ft patch and experienced no hop. Bowofdoom can a test to the quality of this as he was the one who had helped out until his little mishap. Folks I truly what recommend this product. The guys down there are very knowledgeable Rob, Brad, and Steve go that extra mile to make sure things are right. The appearance of the dampener is great it is made of good solid steel. The brace is polished. I have mine set for the hardest setting and there is a little vibration but nothing worse then the others that are out there. The shifts are solid and it feels as if the power is finally getting to the ground. Again I am amazed at this and thought I would share with you all another product that might help us out with the hated WHEEL HOP

It still looks very close to the frame side engine mount. Is there any vibration when turning left ?

littless 03-03-2006 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by zinner
As long as the bracket holds up it will be fine.

trust me these will hold up. it bolts to the mount on the block 2 bolts front and back ones. no need to support the engine when installing. and to the mount on the frame rail the 2 bolts there. this is a very well made product. i have beat this to death and the brkts have not bent in the slightest bit. :guns:

littless 03-03-2006 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by fiShYs-
where is the bracket attached to?
engine mount and block?
do u need to drill holes?

No no holes it take about 5 minutes to install very very easy.

littless 03-03-2006 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
WOW that is a rediculous price for a damper. but i guess they can charge all they want since there isn't much competition for the cobalt tuner market. ingals is a good brand but not $300 good.

i do believe they are selling for around $200. the price on their web site is msrp and they say they are not selling it for that much more like around $200. i will get the details and more pics to post up later today.

littless 03-03-2006 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Asstyme
It still looks very close to the frame side engine mount. Is there any vibration when turning left ?

there is no vibration on this at all unless you set it to high then you get the tipical mount vibration. they drove my car with me in it and threw it into the corners and not once did the brackets touch each other or the mount. again trust me this is a very well designed product and IMO worth every cent.

TurboTechRacing 03-03-2006 10:08 AM

We will sell these for 189.99 Free Ship. If 5+ member want to get in and do a group buy we can do it for $164.99 Free Ship. Email or PM us if you are in for a group buy.

R33P3R007 03-03-2006 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by littless

what about the 2005's? still fit, also does it help with the crazy bang in a WOT 1-2 shift?

TurboTechRacing 03-03-2006 10:20 AM

Our book shows 2005-06 Cobalt SS models for the 93040 part number.

BooSSted 03-03-2006 10:24 AM

TTR, You got a PM.

I am in for one of these for sure

DC52NV 03-03-2006 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
We will sell these for 189.99 Free Ship. If 5+ member want to get in and do a group buy we can do it for $164.99 Free Ship. Email or PM us if you are in for a group buy.

wow, great price right there. :twothumbs you guys need to jump on this GB and take advantage of the great price. you will not be disapointed.

robstamina 03-03-2006 11:07 AM

Hello and greetings to the colbaltss community... Hey guys feel free to ask any technical ?'s about the damper and I am sure we can get you taken care..

I currently have one installed on an 04 s/c'd civic si and love it! The torque steer and wheel hop are pretty much eliminated.. I basically describe it as motor mounts times a hundred.We have tested several designs and the thing that sets our damper apart from the other products is the bracket design. We were noticing in high h.p. applications(over 200hp) the competitions brackets would bend or break.. With or current designs and materials we have had this product on several cars in the 400hp range with great results and absolutely no issues...definately a great product especially for boosted vehicles. I just pm'd one of the mods on here and hopefully we can get a review/how to up to provide feedback and help with any issues you guys have on installation or adjustment.. We should be releasing it VERY soon.. We are just making sure that we test it thouroughly before we release it to the public..Thanks again littless for the r&d of your vehicle and I hope you are enjoying the Ingalls "stiffy" damper..

victory_red_SS 03-03-2006 11:28 AM

PM sent. Hoping free shipping includes:ca:

TurboTechRacing 03-03-2006 11:37 AM

As many PM us about shipping to Canada... Shipping is free to the lower 48 states. Canada orders would ship USPS Express Mail for an additional $19.99 (Only takes 3-5 days to get to your door)

denny 03-03-2006 11:44 AM

As many PM us about shipping to Canada... Shipping is free to the lower 48 states. Canada orders would ship USPS Express Mail for an additional $19.99 (Only takes 3-5 days to get to your door)

Also from Canada here...where do I sign up for one of these?
....am very interested. 20$ to canada is not bad...

R33P3R007 03-03-2006 11:49 AM

so if we get more then 5 can we get more of a GP? just wondering

ENUFPWR 03-03-2006 11:58 AM

I'm in for one.... Put me down for the GP. :twothumbs