Dyno Results Dyno pictures, videos and dyno results.

09 Ss

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 Ss

Well,long night,but ya gotta hand credit to a dyno operator who is willing to run ya at 10pm,lol.Brian had a busy schedule,and tunes as well ,several makes and models.I have nothing but good things to say about that and his very safe approach to dynoing any vehicle.In fact,he made a low rpm(4k) pass on the first run,for free to make sure everything looked good prior to redlining the car. He spared no expense and has very good output reading equipment on this dynojet with unique a/f ratio reading equipment.I have no hesitation to reccomend him as a place to get get dynoed in the columbus area.

Thanks @zach for initially tuning me along with any further support i request.Great guy to come way out here for me,and me having no guages to help the tune.The end results for now,i am very happy with even though i know alot of folks are number hungry,it is to my satisfaction to know that the tune was quite safely done.As with any tune,it can be tweaked or adjusted to ones liking,but the a/f was dead on,with a nice headway for some further timing.Very easy to see this tune easily tweaked up with some timing added(9 degrees now)..

My basic a/f was steady around 12,and even brian complimented the tune.No mods,except a tune and k@n filter.

I am not super car knowledgeable,but hope i conveyed things as accurately as possible.\

p.s.-think the stock charge piping sucks?heck ya,you can sqeeze it like a sponge at intercooler connect when it's warm.

Last edited by Bandit1; 06-13-2009 at 03:35 AM.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

Your hp numbers are low but your tq numbers look great. This is what I am going to do. I have a client driving out here with a LNF who is going to get dyno tuned. This will be the FIRST time I have been able to get an LNF on the dyno to REALLY see what they can do. Apparently I as a tuner am failing in a certain spot in the HP market FOR THE LNF's. I don't believe it was the dyno I believe it was the tune personally. I am glad that you are putting down some good torque numbers but this is what I am going to do. After I get the LNF tune down PAT so to speak on the dyno with this guy, I will send the tune over to tom aka wicked2005ss who is out in your area and he can upload it to your car for the price of credits, and will have you unlocked and you will be able to do business with him at any time in the future as he is MUCH closer.

I am not proud of those numbers so I will be revising my LNF tunes. I don't understand how you can gain all the tq but not the hp, I must have missed something and I apologize and the issue will be resolved. You may be happy, but I am not. However I will admit that I JUST started tuning LNF's and need to get used to them.

edit: your also a little rich from 3-4k I will solve that too.

Last edited by Zach06CobaltSC; 06-14-2009 at 01:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-14-2009, 01:54 PM

Thanks Zach.Very fair.Just let me know bro.

I will post new dyno after.It is just a matter of some tweaking and i'm sure it'll be where you would like.Until i get some good guages,i always dyno no matter who does the tuning just my rule of thumb.
Old 06-14-2009, 02:12 PM
Banned

Oh I don't blame you man and I am glad that you are personally happy with the car, however I am not, the car CAN and WILL be pushed farther and harder and still be "conservative". I just need to get the tune dialed in and I am having one of the other LNF's that I tuned drive down here so I can fine tune him on the dyno within the next couple of weeks I would assume. As soon as I get the file, if I have to I will drive out to you and upload it to your car, as soon as I find someone else to tune out there haha. However ohio is tom's state and I HATE taking business away from him.

Again I do apologize as you were only the 3rd lnf that I have tuned. I tuned you, joe in chicago, and josh in nebraska. Hopefully josh isn't reading this lol and joe out in chicago is driving down here and hopefully bringing a friend to get dyno tuned. But ya, once its dialed in I will letcha know. Not to to bad though for my first crack at the lnf's in my opinion. I just gotta read up a little bit more and learn a little bit more.

I know the LSJ's VERY well, however the LNF's are very very new to me, in a couple days though this will all be resolved lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:40 AM
Banned

Edit/Update - I thought I might have been missing something in my tuning so I messaged over Vince at trifecta and chit chatted with him for a bit. Here was his response, this is a direct quote from an email.

"I saw your message on CSS.NET

You aren’t doing anything wrong. Lol

Basically, the issue is that these cars are really heat sensitive and the boost is hard-limited to 20psi without the Infiniboost mod. In the winter time the cars will make spectacular power because the air is denser and with the stock tune they basically limit to 15psi in cool air – if you raise it to 20psi in the tune you will see huge gains. But, in the summer time the air is less dense and the turbo has to work harder to move the same amount of air – the stock tune may push 20psi in superhot air as it is. A car that dynos at 300+ WHP in the winter may only make 260HP in the summer.

The guys posting big-number dyno sheets on stock turbos are either completely fabricating the numbers, or they are super-cooling the intercooler somehow during the dyno run (e.g. hosing the intercooler down with NOS), especially this time of year."

My words - So basically what I am doing is correct and the people who are putting down very high numbers are either cooling the intake charge down drastically with nitrous/cry02 etc, or there temps were drastically lower when they made there pull, that would be my guess. I am still going to dig into this deeper though and see if I can get a "Perfect" Tune file to base mine off of .