Dyno Results Dyno pictures, videos and dyno results.

Redynod My Car Mustang VS Superflow

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Redynod My Car Mustang VS Superflow

Alright guys i redynod my car today. If you read my last thread last Wednesday i went to a shop with a Mustang dyno and made 301whp/260wtq. Well 7 pages later and a lot of bashing it got locked. For the record yes my numbers read high which is why i redynod my car. I just want to clarify that, so lets not bring that back up. So i went to another shop with a Superflow dyno. It was quite a bit hotter out this dyno session then when i dynod the first time because it was early in the morning (not making any excuses). But i put down 258whp/226wtq on the Superflow dyno. Definatly a lot closer to what i'm making for hp, thats for sure. I cant believe the hp difference between the two dynos. Maybe the Mustang dyno only reads motor hp . So next on the list is a 2.6" pulley, header, downpipe and catback. Any suggestions on exhaust stuff? I was thinking ZZP midlength header, 3" downpipe and 2.5" catback. I want the quietest exhaust i can possibly get. So ya, you guys wanted a redyno and i did it. Lets keep the bashing out of this thread and only useful info please
Old 10-06-2010, 10:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice! congrats!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Alright guys i redynod my car today. If you read my last thread last Wednesday i went to a shop with a Mustang dyno and made 301whp/260wtq. Well 7 pages later and a lot of bashing it got locked. For the record yes my numbers read high which is why i redynod my car. I just want to clarify that, so lets not bring that back up. So i went to another shop with a Superflow dyno. It was quite a bit hotter out this dyno session then when i dynod the first time because it was early in the morning (not making any excuses). But i put down 258whp/226wtq on the Superflow dyno. Definatly a lot closer to what i'm making for hp, thats for sure. I cant believe the hp difference between the two dynos. Maybe the Mustang dyno only reads motor hp . So next on the list is a 2.6" pulley, header, downpipe and catback. Any suggestions on exhaust stuff? I was thinking ZZP midlength header, 3" downpipe and 2.5" catback. I want the quietest exhaust i can possibly get. So ya, you guys wanted a redyno and i did it. Lets keep the bashing out of this thread and only useful info please

Well at least you got some more accurate numbers this time.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by ULWiz Cobalt SS/SC
Well at least you got some more accurate numbers this time.
Ya for sure. And they are much closer to me than the last place so it'll be perfect when i need to dyno next year. You end up figuring you're tuning and stuff out?
Old 10-07-2010, 11:20 AM
Got Bewst?

I ask for no bashing and noone wants to post? Surprise surprise
Old 10-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
That's more like it .... Congrats man !!
Old 10-07-2010, 11:53 AM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
That's more like it .... Congrats man !!
Haha thanks. Still pretty happy with the numbers with the mods i have
Old 10-07-2010, 11:57 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Haha thanks. Still pretty happy with the numbers with the mods i have
They are right on par for the mods you have man. I'm sure on a cooler day you may sqeeze 1 or 2 more hp out of her, but still your numbers are good.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
They are right on par for the mods you have man. I'm sure on a cooler day you may sqeeze 1 or 2 more hp out of her, but still your numbers are good.
Ya the first time i dynod it was 9 degrees celsius out and yesterday was 20. Last time i went to the track i was trapping 2mph faster because it was so much colder than the time before haha.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Ya for sure. And they are much closer to me than the last place so it'll be perfect when i need to dyno next year. You end up figuring you're tuning and stuff out?
I have not really done anything with the tune yet. I did upload the Stage 3 + Trifecta tune.
Definately a big improvement especially in HOM mode. Only got to run it once in the middle of the day were it was around 88 degrees and the best i did was a 13.8@100mph.

Been away in maryland all week and plan on running it next weekend, will keep you posted when i run it. Hoping for a 13.4 or so.

Need to get together with Nick to Lean it out. Everytime i go more than half throttle i peg 10.0 on the UEGO.

Anyways congrats on the numbers again, be a pretty good run me and you since i put down 244/225.
Old 10-07-2010, 01:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
maybe the first one was set to cdn hp not us hp? whats the exchange rate these days? either that or the guy who set up the mustang dyno is using a bogus correction factor to make clients think they have high hp from mods done in that shop.

most people dont know how to properly interpret dyno data anyway. if all they are worried about is the final hp number they are one of those most people.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:51 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by ULWiz Cobalt SS/SC
I have not really done anything with the tune yet. I did upload the Stage 3 + Trifecta tune.
Definately a big improvement especially in HOM mode. Only got to run it once in the middle of the day were it was around 88 degrees and the best i did was a 13.8@100mph.

Been away in maryland all week and plan on running it next weekend, will keep you posted when i run it. Hoping for a 13.4 or so.

Need to get together with Nick to Lean it out. Everytime i go more than half throttle i peg 10.0 on the UEGO.

Anyways congrats on the numbers again, be a pretty good run me and you since i put down 244/225.
Thanks man. Ya definalty keep me posted how she runs. It would be a damn good race between you and me. But lets take it to you're track not mine . Maybe i could make a better 60ft.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Got Bewst?

I emailed the guy that first dynod my car. Not to give him hell or anything but just to let him know my results of 2 different dynos. Here was his response:

That's cool. As we have said before, a dyno is just a tuning tool. What matters is what it baslines vs what the gains are. Not what it makes vs the world. the car that went to both of the dynos was two years ago and he was a general motors warranty director checking the differences himself. At that time we were 3 hp. Being we don't talk between dyno owners I don't worry about there #s nor do I hope they worry about mine. If a person goes to dragmarts dyno, there will be a different # there. We haven't checked our calibration in a months time. It quit possible that its out of calibration. We normally check this everymonth, but being we use this dyno for tuning, we baseline and tune the gains, I really am not concerned on #s unless we have situations like this. But I will tell you this, we just had a car on our dyno, right from vickers. It is a 2010 camaro standard SS with the 6.2l. It layed down 342 to the tire. Now thinking about it, it maybe where I was picking up you rpm signal on the crank. If the signal was out of sink with the rollers, it would hav a effect on the #s.

You got me thinking tho. Tomorrow morning I'm gonna put a stock gt500 on the rollers. Get a baseline. Calibrate the dyno. Then rebaseline to see if the #s went out of calibration. I will let you know the results. Sorry for the complication
Old 10-07-2010, 06:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I ask for no bashing and noone wants to post? Surprise surprise
it's ccs.net... would you expect any different? this site is 90% know it all teenagers that have nothing better to do than rip on people.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
it's ccs.net... would you expect any different? this site is 90% know it all teenagers that have nothing better to do than rip on people.
so true. Any exhaust opinions anyone? I think it will wake my car up quite a bit once it can breathe. But i don't want it to sound like a civic so i'm leaning more towards a cat and 2.5" exhaust. Just what is the question
Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Got Bewst?

So i get this email from Walls Rod And Custom where i first dyno'd at 301whp/260wtq:

Found the issue! There is a parasitic loss calculation that needed to be calibrated on the rollers running the wrong direction. Being 95% of the cars we do are rear wheel drive, we calibrate every month on the one roller direction. Not realizing, that over time the sencor gets used to running in one direction, then it needs to be calibrated in the other direction. I have had a cobalt on here for two days from vickers. the difference was 36 hp to the tire. Just keeping you in the loop.

I asked Brian the owner for a new dyno session seeing how the last one was nowhere close and he said no problem. Sooo i'll be heading back to Walls for a 2nd dyno run with their recalibrated dyno. I'll post up the numbers when i get them.