Electronics, Audio, and Video All Audio, Video, Alarms, and all other electronics

6x9s

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6x9s

can anyone tell mr how to get the back cover off to get to the 6x9s. im looking to replace them and that would be great if anyone had any suggestions on what kind to buy.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by dtzouras
can anyone tell mr how to get the back cover off to get to the 6x9s. im looking to replace them and that would be great if anyone had any suggestions on what kind to buy.
takes a long time i heard you have to take the headrest off and the side panal where the seatbelts are.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by dtzouras
Ok first off i wouldn't suggest tryin this on your own w/out someone who has taken apart a car like a cavalier to do back speakers they are very similar but here's some tips
1. Pushing in on the bottom of the back seat at the same time you lift up remove the bottom of the back seat and then fold down back seats
2. Remove the sill plate using a panel removal tool....BE VERY CAREFUL i broke mine the first time i did this and it's not a cheap part...53 bucks from my local dealer.
3. Remove the seat belt and using a panel removal tool remove the side pillars where the b pillar is that goes all the way to back.
4. Remove the two bolts that hold the headrest on and remove the head rests
5. Remove the one ph screw in the little holder for dry cleanin on each side
6. Now look at where the seats would be covering on the bottom edge of the rear deck there are two pop fasteners that hold the deck cover tight agains the rear deck...remove them.
7. Push up on the rear deck to release the fasteners that hold it down and slide it forward you can't remove it completely because the seat belts run through it move it as much out of the way as you can so you can work around it.
8. 4 7mm bolts hold the speakers in... remove the speakers and stop!
9. Before you put your new speakers in go to your local best buy, circuit city, or local mom and pop car audio shop and buy enough dynamat to do your back deck. If you ever decide to put a system in the car the back deck rattles pretty bad really the only thing on the car that rattles...believe me i didn't just put my subs in yesterday and i'm sooo regretting not doing it. Also don't just cut the harness for the factory speaker off pick up a set of speaker harnesses they are like six bucks but they eliminate the possibility of you wiring the speakers up out of phase and having to do this again because your 6*9's sound like ass.
10. After you have the speakers screwed in it's basically the reverse of this if you still need help im me on aim rd112884 or email me rd112884@aol.com