Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Electronics, Audio, and Video (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/electronics-audio-video-49/)
-   -   Headlight help (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/electronics-audio-video-49/headlight-help-320512/)

Dre Day 01-28-2016 11:51 AM

Headlight help

My HID driver side went out. I keep blowing my low beam driver side fuse. I checked the bulb and ballast by swapping everything around, no go still don't work. Everything else on the headlight works fine. I have no idea what else to do. I read something about swapping the left and right relays to see if it's the relay that's bad but I have no idea which ones are the right relays also if anyone has any other ideas what it could be. I am mildly knowledgable about electrical stuff but I take direction very well. 😁. Any help would be appreciated.

double clutch 01-28-2016 12:52 PM

If you keep blowing fuses then your shorting out somewhere. Run through your harness and make sure all your wires are connections are good.

Dre Day 01-28-2016 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by double clutch (Post 7588860)
If you keep blowing fuses then your shorting out somewhere. Run through your harness and make sure all your wires are connections are good.

I didn't see anything obvious when I was working on it last night. Everything seemed to be in good order. The only thing I could think of is I guess the previous owner had halo headlights because I see little red what I think are quick connects right at the base of the harness? Could that cause the short even though there's nothing attached to it.?

EmperorJJ1 01-30-2016 08:42 PM

anything could cause a short. If you unplug the wires altogether see if it still blows fuses or not

T-fog 01-30-2016 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Dre Day (Post 7588873)
I didn't see anything obvious when I was working on it last night. Everything seemed to be in good order. The only thing I could think of is I guess the previous owner had halo headlights because I see little red what I think are quick connects right at the base of the harness? Could that cause the short even though there's nothing attached to it.?

If the wire has power then yes it potentially can be a short, Also if it isn't sealed properly the wire can corrode causing high resistance in the circuit and/or could potentially break from being so weak from the corrosion.

Dre Day 02-15-2016 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 (Post 7589289)
anything could cause a short. If you unplug the wires altogether see if it still blows fuses or not

I unplugged the whole harness and no fuse blew I also just unplugged the head light and no blown fuse. Does that mean the headlight harness is a bust and I need to buy a new one splice in to fix it? Or is there something else I can do?

EmperorJJ1 02-15-2016 09:25 PM

try plugging in just the harness not connected to anything and see what happens.