Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Electronics, Audio, and Video (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/electronics-audio-video-49/)
-   -   Line Out Converter Question (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/electronics-audio-video-49/line-out-converter-question-276402/)

Smithkid21 04-11-2012 12:12 AM

Line Out Converter Question

I ordered a line out converter, because I'm not gonna be able to get my double din pioneer installed. And I have a quick question. Now I know you tap the converter into the rear speakers, but the remote wire, what do I do with that? Wire it up to a switch? Or just run it to a fuse? Thanks in advance!

EmperorJJ1 04-11-2012 02:50 AM

either or ive done both. or you could even wire it to the fuse AND a switch. oh and if u have the stock sub and ur using the LOC for sub just tap the stock sub wires

FasterIsBetter 04-11-2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 (Post 6439823)
either or ive done both. or you could even wire it to the fuse AND a switch. oh and if u have the stock sub and ur using the LOC for sub just tap the stock sub wires

^^ Knows his shit. Pay attention to him and you'll learn a lot about installing stereo equipment in your car.

Smithkid21 04-11-2012 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 (Post 6439823)

Okay. So I just tap it into the sub wires? Where would they be? Like behind the carpet? But I am sure I can figure it out.

And since I don't want to start a new thread, if I find a radio with an aux input on it, will it be a direct swap for mine? I got an 06 SS. And the pick-n-pull by me has some for cheap from a Cobalt.

ItalianJoe1 04-11-2012 11:59 AM

I ran an aftermarket amp to the factory sub and just tapped the sub wires to the LOC. There is a 4 wire connector on the top of the factory sub, just pick up one red and black wire to the LOC.

Input/remote turn on will have to come from a switched source somewhere, I use one of the ign on fuses on the lower right side of the center console. The sunroof one works great, also onstar/sat radio fuses I believe. Passenger side foot well, it's the little black panel on the bottom of the center console. You can tuck the wire under the console all the way back, go under the carpeting to the back seats and through to the trunk.

EmperorJJ1 04-11-2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Smithkid21 (Post 6440200)
Okay. So I just tap it into the sub wires? Where would they be? Like behind the carpet? But I am sure I can figure it out.

And since I don't want to start a new thread, if I find a radio with an aux input on it, will it be a direct swap for mine? I got an 06 SS. And the pick-n-pull by me has some for cheap from a Cobalt.

u have a ss/sc right? it should be right off the top of the sub. and nah cant swap a 07+ radio int our cars

Smithkid21 04-11-2012 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1 (Post 6440380)
u have a ss/sc right? it should be right off the top of the sub. and nah cant swap a 07+ radio int our cars

Yessir. SS/SC. Thanks for the help guys!

EmperorJJ1 04-11-2012 02:00 PM

ya then ur wires will be on top of the sub. if they arent there for whatever reason check behind the carpet to see if they have been tucked. there will be 2 pairs

Smithkid21 04-11-2012 11:13 PM

Thanks dude!