Featured Car Showcase Featured car submissions, voting, and showcasing.
View Poll Results: October 2012 FCOTM Voting
1LSJ2NV
38.46%
iboost
11.89%
Bluelightning
37.06%
casionerd
2.80%
ryansalazan
9.79%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

October 2012 FCOTM Voting

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
October 2012 FCOTM Voting

With the submissions made here: October 2012 FCOTM Submission Thread

These are the cars up for voting this month. Voting is up until the 2nd.

1. 1LSJ2NV

2. iboost

3. Bluelightning

4. casionerd

5. ryansalazan
Old 09-30-2012, 06:01 PM
I'm too JDM for you

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
inb4poll. you suck lee!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:03 PM
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
inb4poll. you suck lee!
Its the site, not me

Actually I am a little late with the voting, so I guess I suck a little.

Sorry guys.
Old 09-30-2012, 06:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voted!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Premium Member

In before stance argument!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Window Licker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice cars this month! Good luck guys
Old 09-30-2012, 07:47 PM
village idiot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the third monthly installment of me roasting FCOTM entrants....

It’s that time again. People spend thousands of dollars and hours upon hours of their precious time to compete for a Platinum Membership (A $14.99 value) and a 98x22 pixel image/title under their forum name (That’s a very small picture BTW).

Let’s take a look at this month’s contestants......shall we?

1. 1LSJ2NV

You don’t have to be on CSS long to become familiar with this car. The owner is one of this site’s most prolific picture ******. No one’s complaining about it though because the photos are beautiful. They educate others on how to take nice pics of their car and inspires them to try.

- Those rims on a red car is sexy. That’s why the Honda, Subaru, VW, etc. etc. guys do it too. I searched “gold bbs replicas” on Google images. 70 pictures came up with this style of wheel on them. Some real and some replicas. Here is a breakdown of those 70 results by color: white 15/21.4%, silver or gray 11/15.7%, red 20/28.6%, black 16/22.9%, poop brown 2/2.9% and blue 6/8.6%. When it comes to colors of cars from the factory, red and blue are tied for 5th place as the most common car colors with only 9%. This translates to less than one in ten cars being red from the factory, yet more than one in four cars with this style of wheel are red.
- Clean as hell inside and out.
- This car not only looks good. It has an upgraded turbo and an impressive dyno sheet. It’s fast.
- Beautiful photographs; Guaranteed Cobalt calendar July pic.
- It sucks that there are so many reps of this wheel out there. It kind of takes away the prestige of having the real deal.
- Who could ask his friend to take a picture of himself doing the hokey pokey on a public street in front of their car and not be called gay? This guy.

This car will win. Why? Because this guy’s got friends…LOTS of Cobalt friends. Together they will be actively campaigning for votes via Facebook, Pillow talk, MySpace, Twitter, texts, PMs, phone calls and smoke signals.

2. iboost

It’s orange. It’s orange as F%$#! ... but this guy pulls it off nicely. The look is similar to that of the Black/Orange Porsche 911 GT3.

- Talk about a badass car appearing out of the blue. Where did this car come from? It’s sick.
- Too many stickers though. The only reason for having this many stickers on your car is if you sell stickers. Yes there’s one that reads “Sticker *****,” but the owner still doesn’t seem to get it. It’s kind of like never showering but wearing a T Shirt that says “Yes I know I smell.” It doesn’t validate or excuse bad decisions. The “Got Meth?” sticker on the valve cover can stay. The rest should go. If the voters were kids then these would be cool but..… oh wait… Nevermind. “haha stickerz and rage faces ftmfw bro lol”
- That has to be the best looking set of gauge pods ever. It looks similar to a cockpit. Absolutely love it. I’m personally going to copy it.
- Where are people getting these see-thru hoods? I want one.
- Car is clean.
- Complaining about how hard it is to clean orange wheels. Pppffffttt. Try white.
- Guaranteed Cobalt calendar October pic.
- This car should be in close contention for first but likely won’t win. (see above entry)

Wanna know what this guy and 1lsj2nv (above entrant) have in common? They both have man crushes on one Mr. R K Ramos. This can be seen in 1lsj2nv’s first photo with the photographer’s name displayed almost more prominently than the car itself. iBoost is using the same Porsche “Turbo” emblem on his grill in the exact same location as RKRamos. If either of these guys win, RKRamos should get a title of BSFCOTM (Best Supporting Featured Cobalt Of The Month).

3. Bluelightning

Representing SS/SCs in style.

- Needs some wheels. Painted stockers just scream, “I want something different but I can’t afford it!”
- Car is clean. It doesn’t look like a car that lives where there’s a **** ton of snow and salt on the streets periodically.
- That shiny black supercharger looks mean as hell. You can almost hear it scream just looking at it. You know this car sounds badass at WOT.
- You’ve got to love the Sirius Sportster. I’m surprised more people don’t have these. HUGE variety/selection of stations. The beauty of a Sportster in a Cobalt is that the 12V power plugs are always on. Tap into one of these and you won’t even reset the Sportster on startup. Listening to something and need to go into a store or something? Pause it. Come back out and pick up where you left off. Did you like that last song? Rewind and play again.
- Stage WTF FTW.
- 12.8 @ 111 ?!?!?! This car is no joke. Who says SCs are slow?
- This car should be in close contention for first but likely won’t win. (see two entries above)
- This is the only SS/SC running and there are a ton of SC guys on this site. If they all band behind their brother, he will win in a landslide.

Wanna know what mod comes first when a 16-year-old kid gets his first POS car? He paints interior trim pieces bright colors. Just sayin’

4. casionerd

Two words…. Bore Ing. This is the same ***** bad mouthing the other FCOTM entrants in this very post. Jealous much?

- As much as this guy spent on tires, ugly rims and fake Advans, he could have bought a nice set of used Volk CE28Ns in bronze to rock year round. F his L.
- BPacak said the ARK Design R8s are “fugly.” 95% of the Cobalt community agree.
- The Winter wheel/tire setup is okay but needs more low or more high tires. Looks almost like a rally suspension on stance wheels.
- Got scammed into buying fake Advans. LOL. Sucker.
- Kind of a sleeper.
- Can beat most Civics, VWs and Kias.
- At least he got Soccer's vote. Us Oklahoma guys stick together. Yeehaw.

This guy has no friends. He already buys the platinum membership so he is obviously entering for a tiny digital title or acceptance in the Cobalt community. Probably a little of both. He won’t win anytime soon but there is hope… the way all the nice Cobalts are being sold lately, there won’t be any cool Cobalts on CSS in about four years. Then it will be this guy’s time to shine. 2016 just can’t get here soon enough.

5. ryansalazan

Hey cool. Another guy trying to sell his car and putting it on COTM for free advertising. It’s too bad outside links aren’t allowed. Otherwise this guy could link to his CL ad.

- Look at that build sheet. Would you look at that? Just look at it.
- If I had my choice of picking any Cobalt on css this would probably be it. No wait. Best Cobalt is Skythsnake’s….or maybe CMiller’s…. or maybe EXSoccer’s…. or maybe Ryan@ZZP’s.... Or maybe John Powell’s Redline…or maybe DartSI’s… or FastGti….. Sonicyeller.. Cobe’s car (just ‘cuz it belongs to Cobe)….. At least it’s top fifteenish. Very similar to Ford’s car (another badass Texas car)
- Best mod: “Nitrogen Filled Tires.” LOL. It’s such a good mod it’s listed twice! There is more Nitrogen in the air than any other gas. Fill your tires with the air you breathe and you’re already putting in 78% Nitrogen. It’s a sham created by dealerships to generate revenue from virtually nothing. Imagine if someone took something that is abundant and virtually free but then packaged it and sold it at a HUGE markup. They might as well label the people who purchase it naďve and even go so far as naming that product “naďve” spelled backwards….oh wait… someone beat me to it.
- Looks like the pics were chosen at random from a cell phone.
- Can you say sleeper?
- The bottom of the license plate frame is classic.

Hopefully this guy never gets ahold of a calculator and takes the time to add up the money spent on this car. Then he might realize he could have gotten a brand new $15-16K car and had enough left over to the travel around the world. Then still have enough left over to bang three hookers at once and pay someone to clean his garage. Shhhhhhh. Don’t tell him.

Now after all that BS, it has come to my attention that contestants 1,3,4 & 5 should all be disqualified and contestant #2 should be crowned winner by default. Here's why:

Originally Posted by Black SS/SC 06
- All images posted must be hosted in our gallery to assure all members and visitors can see them.
Contestants 1, 3 and 5 did not do this.

Contestant number 4 is using a different layout. Whether or not that’s allowed is up to interpretation of the following:

Originally Posted by Black SS/SC 06
Car Info: Car Year, Make, Model, Trim:
Stock Options: XM, onStar ......
Modifications: (you may divide them in categories if you wish to do so. ie Exterior, Interior, Performance…)
Future plans: whatever plans
Other info: (ie: shows won….)
Display up to 10 quality and well deserving images following all the text above

The views and opinions expressed in this “roast post” do not represent css or any of its affiliates. They are intended for entertainment purposes only. The author is simply a troll with no life attempting to be cool and funny. The intention is strictly to increase discussion in this thread and to subsequently attract more attention to FCOTM and CSS. The guy who wrote all this actually appreciates every car in this month’s FCOTM and would trade his car for any of his competitors.

Last edited by casionerd; 09-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Lol always love your write ups casionerd. And yes I do need wheels! I just love the black/blue scheme. Hard to let go of it and I get a lot of compliments on them.

As for the "must have pics in the gallery" there always lots of people that don't and have won. Does that make it ok? No. But I think it's a dumb rule.

Last edited by Bluelightning; 09-30-2012 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:17 PM

Like always..awesome review casionerd...Its always a perk to read that every month. But...My Vote is For a Fellow SC member BLUELIGHTNING I love your rims.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:17 PM
village idiot

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Lol always love your write ups casionerd. And yes I do need wheels! I just love the black/blue scheme. Hard to let go of it and I get a lot of compliments on them.

As for the "must have pics in the gallery" there always lots of people that don't and have won. Does that make it ok? No. But I think it's a dumb rule.
Sometimes it's hard to find something wrong with these cars so some of the stuff I critique is reaching. Your car looks great BTW. With the exception of my car, I seriously would say this is probably the best group of cars running for FCOTM ever. It seems like usually there are one or two really nice cars and then some "meh." This go 'round there are four HEAVY HITTERS that would easily win by themselves any other month if they weren't running against each other. Really impressed with what these cars have done to them and how they came out.

edit: I totally forgot to try and start some crap with the stance vs power thing. Only problem is most of these cars fall into multiple categories (stance, power, show car, sleeper, racecar, etc.)

Really well rounded cars.

Last edited by casionerd; 09-30-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:24 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by Sir_Hiro
Like always..awesome review casionerd...Its always a perk to read that every month. But...My Vote is For a Fellow SC member BLUELIGHTNING I love your rims.
Thanks man!

And I agree 100% with ya casionerd. This is a great group of cars running this month! But I disagree with your remark about your car, I think your car looks great! As they came in I was just thinking oh boy I got my work cut out lol.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 PM
village idiot

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
I think your car looks great!
Then vote for me so I can have three votes.

I figured if I critiqued my car the worst that less people would get mad at me. I love my car but it's not for everyone.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Window Licker

Diggin the review as always casionerd! Oh and ps winning only gets you premium not platinum!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:06 PM
village idiot

Pity votes?

anyone?

Old 10-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Got Bewst?

Holy crap this is a good battle! Haha. Never thought I do this well against such tough competition. Thanks for the support everyone!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:08 PM
Vtec Rep
Platinum Member

well since i got jewed by the rain and busy at work i now have to wait till next month. be scared
Old 10-01-2012, 08:10 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by sjc0013
Diggin the review as always casionerd! Oh and ps winning only gets you premium not platinum!
I got platinum for winner fcotm

Casionerd has some great reviews haha

Definitely some sweet looking balts this month. Good luck guys!
Old 10-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Window Licker

Wtf lol
Old 10-01-2012, 09:06 PM
TTR Powered

Originally Posted by sjc0013
Wtf lol

Thats what i thought too lol
Old 10-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Window Licker

I don't even know what the difference is so nbd haha
Old 10-01-2012, 11:23 PM

Voted! For a fellow Manitoban.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 AM

probably one of the best months we've had in awhile, all awesome cars
Old 10-02-2012, 12:47 AM

So is this a vote for the best looking/most unique/ modded car or whose more popular?
Old 10-02-2012, 12:56 AM
village idiot

Originally Posted by Dart_SI
So is this a vote for the best looking/most unique/ modded car or whose more popular?
It's all up to you.

The way I do it is I look at the cars and then ask which one I would most like to have. Then I vote for that one.

edit: Except for this month. I voted for myself even though I'd probably trade straight up for any of the other cars on here this month.

Soccer voted for me to be nice. Thanks bro.

My other voter... I don't know the guy but I like his style. Thank you also.

Last edited by casionerd; 10-02-2012 at 01:28 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 AM

I just noticed your a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive from me.

Quick Reply: October 2012 FCOTM Voting