Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Forced Induction (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/forced-induction-50/)
-   -   Going ZZP Twincharged- 2nd Buyer (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/forced-induction-50/going-zzp-twincharged-2nd-buyer-158907/)

Mybadss 03-04-2009 03:03 PM

Going ZZP Twincharged- 2nd Buyer

Hey everyone, I finally decided that I am getting the ZZP Twincharged Loaded Kit done. I appreciate all the comments and advice of what to do with my money. I have always wanted a Twincharged back when I owned a 02 GTP. I never thought it could be done, until I saw ZZP dyno on youtube. Here is where I am at so far and my build.

ZZP Twincharged Kit-Every Add-On
ZZP Dual Pass IC Plate Kit
60# Injectors/Harness
3 Inch ZZP Exhaust-No Cat
ZZP Clutch Kit
AEM Wideband 02 Sensor
AEM Tru-Boost Gauge
Aeroforce Interceptor Scan Gauge
A Pillar Triple Gauge Pod
Powerslot Front Rotors
SSC Lowering Springs

Day 1=Clutch,Springs,Injectors,Base PCM Tune,Rotors
Day 2=Twincharged Kit
Day 3=Dyno and Tune- Head Home

I left for MI on monday at 6pm, leaving from Prior Lake-MN. I knew it was going to be a 10hour drive! So I decided I better get a GPS unit, and man was it well worth it. The trip went smooth, other than (6) DAMN tolls that I had to pay just to get here, lol. It took me nearly two full tanks of gas, totaling 615 miles to get here. I drove straight here and got to ZZP at 5am there time. I took a quick nap in my car and waited. Everyone got there at 9AM and my build started. I knew that I HAD to get a clutch installed to handle 400+whp, otherwise it is a one day install. I went with ZZP's clutch and waited in the lobby. I watched Fast and Furious (lol) on there big screen and played some pool while I waited. I got a hotel down the street and kyla brought me to check in at noon. My car was ready at 6PM, and I then drove around and broke my clutch in.

I have to say I am really happy with ZZPerformance so far:twothumbs, and there clutch is awsome!
I didnt have any problems with the clutch, and am waiting in my hotel for updates on the kit.

I will keep everyone updated on how things go, and with pics and videos when it is finished. :twothumbs

roadrage06 03-04-2009 03:06 PM

Cool. Keep us posted. Dyno numbers, pics, and videos (if you have thre resources.

victoryss 03-04-2009 03:10 PM

You would be better off with a straight turbo swap. There is a reason ur the second buyer in over a year.

OriGinaL Condo 03-04-2009 03:12 PM

It's too late, vic

roadrage06 03-04-2009 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by victoryss (Post 3555157)
You would be better off with a straight turbo swap. There is a reason ur the second buyer in over a year.

think of this as kind of his build thread. the time for opinions on the direction of his build has come and gone. i agree with you but you see what my post read......don't ruin it for the guy. He's gonna have a blast with double the horsepower than stock and we should root him on. I'm anxious to see the results and see the vids.

Mybadss 03-04-2009 03:13 PM

I believe I made a good choice and really do not want to get into any debate on here, I just want to keep everyone informed and updated on how things go and the results.

JINNER44 03-04-2009 03:17 PM

good luck man

Sythen1678 03-04-2009 03:17 PM

Question that i'm sure everyone wants to know.....

Is kyla hot?!!!????

Shes perhaps the only thing that kept me from turning my busted downpipes in to pipe bombs and sending them back....

victoryss 03-04-2009 03:17 PM

Good luck

restonSS 03-04-2009 03:18 PM

good luck dood

gsxtasy 03-04-2009 03:18 PM

theres one problem with the Cobalt community. you all only one to do things one way. Were are going to have cobalts thats look and run identical times. Congrats to this guy for doing something different.

ChriSS/SC 03-04-2009 03:19 PM

Dawg. That is SICK. Be SURE to post some videos. Whine + BOV = JIZZ IN MY PANTS. That's one thing I've always considered doing.. Especially since everyone goes turbo.. Props bro... Can't wait for the vids/pics

Edit: How much did the kit run you?

rockSTAR_SS 03-04-2009 03:19 PM

subscribed

good luck man

Mybadss 03-04-2009 03:23 PM

Thanks, I appreciate that. I am so anxious to see the results, and the dyno charts. I am so MAD that i forgot my camera at home!!! I wanted to take pics right away, but guess I will have to wait until I get home. I asked Tim at ZZP to take some pics of the build and video of the dyno, so we will see what happens.

P.S As for the Kyla question, I knew that was going to come up! lol. You will find out when you get to ZZP

victoryss 03-04-2009 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by gsxtasy (Post 3555195)
theres one problem with the Cobalt community. you all only one to do things one way. Were are going to have cobalts thats look and run identical times. Congrats to this guy for doing something different.

silliness...:lol: :lol:

williamhvx1 03-04-2009 03:25 PM

i want see this

SS/SCking 03-04-2009 03:40 PM

Interesting.....

SSMOKEM 03-04-2009 04:37 PM

Can't wait to see the out come! I'm considering doing this with my TVS set up:guns:

05sattyredline 03-04-2009 04:53 PM

with drag radials, upgraded axles and a solid clutch i bet this beast will rip it on the track

WSFrazier 03-04-2009 04:54 PM

Look at it this way...

Anything is better than stock, and he will still be faster than 90% of you slow people.

victoryss 03-04-2009 04:58 PM

No need to be PC Frazier lol :p: I hear ya

WSFrazier 03-04-2009 05:00 PM

Lol, just saying. I am actually curious to see how this turns out compared to the last one.

Mybadss 03-04-2009 05:09 PM

Correct me if I am wrong,

Customer # 1 was advised by ZZP to have a clutch done, he decided not to, and get the kit installed anyway?

Customer #1 had MAD clutch slippage as I have read about and seen i his videos?

Customer #1 then tore it down and finally did a clutch?

Customer #1 put it back together,and the tune got messed with\adjusted?

Customer #1 was offered by ZZP to bring his car in and get fixed\running right for FREE, and has not done so?

This is what I have read and concluded, I dont believe the problem was ZZP, and will find out when my car is done.

I dont want to get flamed, this is just why I went with the Kit after hearing about #1's issues

WSFrazier 03-04-2009 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Mybadss (Post 3555724)
Correct me if I am wrong,

Customer # 1 was advised by ZZP to have a clutch done, he decided not to, and get the kit installed anyway?

Customer #1 had MAD clutch slippage as I have read about and seen i his videos?

Customer #1 then tore it down and finally did a clutch?

Customer #1 put it back together,and the tune got messed with\adjusted?

Customer #1 was offered by ZZP to bring his car in and get fixed\running right for FREE, and has not done so?

This is what I have read and concluded, I dont believe the problem was ZZP, and will find out when my car is done.

I dont want to get flamed, this is just why I went with the Kit after hearing about #1's issues

I mean, if your biased towards ZZP because you just became their ATM, then ya... that's all correct.

Not saying customer #1 was a flawless angel either, just saying ZZP wasn't as well. Both fucked up. That is why I am curious to see how yours goes.

VeNoM0713 03-04-2009 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by gsxtasy (Post 3555195)

dude, i agree with you COMPLETELY... ive been on this site since the beginning of 05 and if its not stock looks wise, put on your flame suit.. kinda retarded but you just start to ignore the haters. OP, i am extremely jealous.. i am planning on doing the same thing as you when my car is paid off.. yeah, twincharging isnt efficient but its unique and just having both would be awesome. keep us updated!