Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 08:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thread has been updated
Old 11-21-2007, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so...here is my question:

turbo is TD04-13T rated @ 410cfm @ around 15psi
what i'm wanting to do is run a 2.2 to about 205hp using this turbo, what psi should i use in order to achieve this...i already have the injectors i need (SS/SC stock injectors serve as perfect injectors for this purpose and hp rating based on the formula and they should be running around 80% duty cycle)

the only reason i ask is because my turbo is has an internal wastegate that i plan on using so i need to know what kind of actuator i need to buy to get my turbo system to function properly (i am doing it all from scratch including making my own header {pic in my gallery} and dp {still needs to be made} to all the charge piping intercooler etc. (using the stock plenum and massive heat shield so i can make the engine bay look completely bone stock without heating issues)...it's going to be a work of art when i'm done (even doing the tuning via piggyback myself)...

thanks.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by FacelessKhaos
so...here is my question:

turbo is TD04-13T rated @ 410cfm @ around 15psi
what i'm wanting to do is run a 2.2 to about 205hp using this turbo, what psi should i use in order to achieve this...i already have the injectors i need (SS/SC stock injectors serve as perfect injectors for this purpose and hp rating based on the formula and they should be running around 80% duty cycle)

the only reason i ask is because my turbo is has an internal wastegate that i plan on using so i need to know what kind of actuator i need to buy to get my turbo system to function properly (i am doing it all from scratch including making my own header {pic in my gallery} and dp {still needs to be made} to all the charge piping intercooler etc. (using the stock plenum and massive heat shield so i can make the engine bay look completely bone stock without heating issues)...it's going to be a work of art when i'm done (even doing the tuning via piggyback myself)...

thanks.
To be honest, I couldn't tell you that number. I can say that the turbocharger is on production cars that achieve more than what you're looking for (BHP). If it's the same TD04 from the Saab 9-3s (there are a few TD04 Mitsubishi versions) than I believe it's limited at 10-12 PSI via internal wastegate. I remember a member of another forum running 280 lbs of torque and 210 or 220 WHP with that setup which was also a L61 motor.

Sorry for the kind of bland answer but I just don't have the information in front of me to give you a definitive.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:17 PM

thing is that i'm not going to use the stock actuator but instead buying my own, but i'm torn whether to get a dual port so i can use a boost controller (4 on low, 8 on high) or a single port and run a continuous 8psi..this particular turbo is actually the stock turbo from the WRX impreza (don't worry it's still fantastic and all parts are in great working condition)...so based on that...i'd say that 6-8psi should be what i need to run to get that hp rating at the flywheel....thanks :-)
Old 11-21-2007, 09:18 PM

thing is that i'm not going to use the stock actuator but instead buying my own, but i'm torn whether to get a dual port so i can use a boost controller (4 on low, 8 on high) or a single port and run a continuous 8psi..this particular turbo is actually the stock turbo from the WRX impreza (don't worry it's still fantastic and all parts are in great working condition)...so based on that...i'd say that 6-8psi should be what i need to run to get that hp rating at the flywheel....thanks :-)
I had a feeling that it was the one from the WRX lol

I understand what you mean though. Sorry I can't help you much further...I'm a external wastegate type of guy
Old 11-21-2007, 09:22 PM

i would go external..but i already have the header built and can't use a spacer type adapter (space limitations in the engine bay got a whole 10inches from head to firewall to work with for a log type header)...but i will keep everybody informed as i do more with this project...hoping and praying i can have it together by the end of jan (still need piggyback sys, dp (making it), intercooler piping, bov, and wg actuator, along with misc oil/coolant lines)

so honest opinion...dual port or single port?
Old 11-22-2007, 12:16 PM

i would go external..but i already have the header built and can't use a spacer type adapter (space limitations in the engine bay got a whole 10inches from head to firewall to work with for a log type header)...but i will keep everybody informed as i do more with this project...hoping and praying i can have it together by the end of jan (still need piggyback sys, dp (making it), intercooler piping, bov, and wg actuator, along with misc oil/coolant lines)

so honest opinion...dual port or single port?
Single should be fine.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:26 PM

so basically how much is the cheapest route to turbo-ing my 2.2, and being safe by not blowing it up.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Garrett Alpha kit.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:18 PM

Great write up NJHK. Very informative.
I have searched for but have yet to find much info about the stock components of our cars. If anybody knows these things (I'm still fairly new) then perhaps it would be a good thing to start a thread on. Things such as, how many #'s are the stock fuel injectors? How much do the stock rims weigh? Etc. After some of my mods come through I would consider getting larger fuel injectors perhaps with a pump, but I don't know what the stockers are in the first place so I don't know how I would judge what I need...Also, when I do get new rims someday, I want them to be light but I don't know how heavy the stockers are so I have no way to compare, other than to just go with Advan's to be sure.
Thanks again!