Front Page News Site Polls

Please Read! Beware of scammers...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 12:16 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts
Please Read! Beware of scammers...

Every social media site in the world has scammers working to steal money. We have seen large sums of money stolen on other communities by sellers who disappear after the money was sent. Please be skeptical of any transaction with someone you do not know personally. Check an account post history, if it was dormant for some time then suddenly active offering 'good' deals be cautious. NEVER send funds via wire transfer or bit coin, once sent it's gone! Always use PayPal or a known escrow service. Never send money via PayPal as a gift to save PayPal fees because you surrender any recourse to recover your money. Search the internet for any scam history associated with a phone number or email address provided to you by a seller/buyer.

Please report any unsolicited PM offering a third party referral and/or a part or service you have asked about in a post. The account will be reviewed and banned immediately if a scam is suspected. Finally, do not make a hack of your account easy, please change your password. It is easy to do when logged in from your user control panel linked below. Thank you.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/usercp.php

Bob
The following users liked this post:
exninja (09-29-2017)
Old 09-29-2017, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member

Received 603 Likes on 561 Posts
Good info thanks Bob!
Old 09-29-2017, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 208 Likes on 168 Posts
Very good post. This is why we strive for our rules to be followed in the classifieds to try and do our best to ensure the members of our community are best protected as they can be.
Old 09-30-2017, 10:39 AM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Thanks Bob, I contacted Tom about a couple of personal messages from a new member on here wanting to peddle a new obd scanner. Someone else got to them before me because they locked the messages down. I guess they actually sell on amazon, but I've always been leery of something for free.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:58 AM

Received 836 Likes on 733 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Thanks Bob, I contacted Tom about a couple of personal messages from a new member on here wanting to peddle a new obd scanner. Someone else got to them before me because they locked the messages down. I guess they actually sell on amazon, but I've always been leery of something for free.
I got the same message, reported it right away seemed way to scamy and not to mention dancing around the vendor rules. Also just because it's sold on amazon doesn't mean they're not fakes or duds, I bought some osram bulbs on amazon and there were fakes (went through osram authentication process and they were confirmed fakes).
Old 09-30-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
i got the same PM a few weeks ago, seams to be gone now
Old 09-30-2017, 09:19 PM
Banned

Received 96 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by speedlimit
Please be skeptical of any transaction with someone you do not know personally.

Bob
I don't know if I have ever purchased or sold parts to someone I knew personally. I didn't know Jeff Reiland personally and purchased my first Supercharge components from him off his eBay site. It goes both ways. I reported the company wanting to give me a cheap ass scanner to write a review. I have a Tech2 and HP Tuner... what do I want a code reader for?
Old 09-30-2017, 09:36 PM

Received 316 Likes on 296 Posts
Seems as though I wasn't alone....
Old 10-07-2017, 07:15 PM

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts
Also got the same message.