Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   General Cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/)
-   -   !@#$%&*!!!!! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/%40-%24%25-%2A-30760/)

CobaltSSChick 08-31-2006 09:08 AM

!@#$%&*!!!!!

Went to Auto Addictions to get my windows tinted...I asked for 25%, they told me it doesn't come in incriments such as that, so they gave me 22, which I didn't know until I picked it up. Anyway, 1 day later, 5 minutes from my house I get pulled over. $106.00 ticket :cussing:
Here's the thing, he put the monitor on my window, slid it down (I was already pissed that I had to roll my window down so early) and it read in at 18%. Cop was a total @$$ to begin with, so it didn't really help that I gave him attitude right back. I tried to joke around with him, but he apparently didn't think I was very funny. Didn't even ask me for license and registration right away, he walked over and said "roll your window up" Trying to joke with him, I replied, "I just got this done, I'm not even supposed to roll them down for 3-4" and I laughed a little. He didn't think it was funny what-so-ever, he was like "I said roll your window up. I mean damn dude. So what a perfect way to end my already crappy day. He told me I had to take it off or he'll continue to pull me over so I told him he would see me around because it aint comin off. It's amazing how many people in the area are getting shot or stabbed, but I'm the criminal for tinting my window.:mad: Gotta love cops. And from where I'm from, cops wouldn't even pull you over for going 15 or 20 over the speed limit, these guys will pull you over for 2 or 3 and tinted windows. HUGE change for me, this sucks. Just thought I'd share, I'm sure some of you can relate...
~Cheryl

CTCOBALTSSS 08-31-2006 09:11 AM

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. What luck hah? :cussing:

johnkb8 08-31-2006 09:13 AM

where in PA are you, go pulled 1 week after one week of haveing car, dealer tinted them for me, but i got pulled over in havertown, and my cuz is a cop there, so i am good in havertown, but that sucks, just keep them down when in your town, so they cant see them tinted, what i do in towns i know i will get busted for it, but listen here, the car is helping with the tint and tickets, they see a nice new little hot rod, and gotta bust it for what they can!! good luck

R33P3R007 08-31-2006 09:13 AM

it's the wing. swap it and the tint will not get you pulled over.

MARIN007 08-31-2006 09:13 AM

Thats brutal but you knew you were taking a risk when getting it done that dark. Still sh*tty

g5mike 08-31-2006 09:13 AM

This cop should find better things to do:thumbsdow

R33P3R007 08-31-2006 09:15 AM

yup. i had a pickup with 5 on the sides, limmo on the back and a big ass 5 strip on the front. i got pulled over all the time but no tickets in Eddystone. so I used to put them down whenever there. rain snow whatever. they were down when i drove in that town.

with this car i get it whenever i am in Ridley Park. but there is also some toolshed that has a black o6 and he gets in trouble all the time so i think thats why they pull me over.

SS_Canuck 08-31-2006 09:21 AM

What's the limit in PA? I know in NY it is 70%, which is just stupid. I've been wanting to get my windows tinted 35% for awhile now but don't want to deal with the hassle of tickets and any more attention from cops.

CobaltSSChick 08-31-2006 09:24 AM

And I love how you get all the rubber-neckers (I'm guilty of it too) who are lookin in the car to see who got pulled over and what's goin on. Everyone's like "oh my god it's a chick" :lol:

ReggaeRampage 08-31-2006 09:25 AM

Ouch, that sucks! I live in PA too, but I'm out in the Northeast edge of Philly. I've had my 35% tint for about 2 months now. So far, so good. No problems. What part of PA do you live in? I can only imagine how that feels...

CTCOBALTSSS 08-31-2006 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by CobaltSSChick
And I love how you get all the rubber-neckers (I'm guilty of it too) who are lookin in the car to see who got pulled over and what's goin on. Everyone's like "oh my god it's a chick" :lol:

http://justblowme.com/images/smilies/boogie.gif

BLKSS 08-31-2006 09:26 AM

Welcome to the club. Keep looking out for those good things that happen and cherish them, they dont happen very often.

CobaltSSChick 08-31-2006 09:55 AM

I'm originally from the Allentown area of PA, but I moved down towards the Lancaster region, I live in Glenmoore.

firesting 08-31-2006 09:57 AM

Yea dark tint on this car... especially with the s/c wing and all... Even the guy that tinted my windows said he wasn't gunna go too dark or else i'd get stopped for sure... Not bad though, $170 CAD cash for my tint (specified below in my signature)... If anyone from MTL or where-ever needs a good place to tint your windows, and this guy's a pro (working for many years on expensive cars), let me know ill give you his phone number!

Halfcent 08-31-2006 10:01 AM

Illegal window tinting has always baffled me. In fact, doing anything illegal to your car has always baffled me. Let's see, you know its illegal in your state, it's highly visible to other people, but you go and do it anyway because "It looks cool!" Great, I'll be reading next week how you got pulled over again because you so arrogantly refused to remove it as instructed. "But I paid good money for this!" You paid stupid money for it. It was illegal and you paid for it anyway. You might as well put a sign in your window saying "pull me over".

I hate tinting laws. I think they are stupid. I think if you want to do it, you should be able to. I know what the law makers reasons are for the law, and I disagree, but in this state (Illinois), I am in the minority. So I accept it as law and I comply. It's called being part of a society.

joeworkstoohard 08-31-2006 10:05 AM

I'm originally from the Allentown area of PA, but I moved down towards the Lancaster region, I live in Glenmoore.

i grew up in philadelphia, cops NEVER gave me a hassle for mods of any kind... but then again, i didn't do anything ricey...

anyways, it seems that the small town guys think that busting peoples balls somehow counts as police work. i'm very pro-cop, but their job is to deal with bad people, and leave the good ones alone.

CobaltSSChick 08-31-2006 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Halfcent
Illegal window tinting has always baffled me. In fact, doing anything illegal to your car has always baffled me. Let's see, you know its illegal in your state, it's highly visible to other people, but you go and do it anyway because "It looks cool!" Great, I'll be reading next week how you got pulled over again because you so arrogantly refused to remove it as instructed. "But I paid good money for this!" You paid stupid money for it. It was illegal and you paid for it anyway. You might as well put a sign in your window saying "pull me over".

That's your opinion and everything, but I didn't do it simply because it 'looks cool.' I did it for a few reasons...
1. It helps to preserve your leather and overall interior-don't believe me, read up on it
2. It helps keep some of the heat out of the car
3. I'm sick and tired of people starring at me, hootin and hollerin when I'm sittin at a light or when I'm on the freeway-it gets old.

Yea it's illegal and the laws are dumb, but I did it for my reasons whether you think it's stupid or not. Enough said.

johnkb8 08-31-2006 10:11 AM

my cousin is cop in my town, tinted windows are illegal for a reason..... the reason is very understandable too, it is cause when i cop trys to look in window and cant see cause of tinted windows, and you have a GUN pointing at him ready to shoot and kill police officer, and he cant see you with that gun, yes you the cop are shit out of luck, and now dead cause of tinted windows, and could not see the driver with the gun pointed at him

joeworkstoohard 08-31-2006 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by johnkb8
my cousin is cop in my town, tinted windows are illegal for a reason..... the reason is very understandable too, it is cause when i cop trys to look in window and cant see cause of tinted windows, and you have a GUN pointing at him ready to shoot and kill police officer, and he cant see you with that gun, yes you the cop are shit out of luck, and now dead cause of tinted windows, and could not see the driver with the gun pointed at him

that's part of it. the other part is that it can obstuct view of the road. trust me, nightime in a car with very tinted windows SUCKS.

joeworkstoohard 08-31-2006 10:20 AM

3. I'm sick and tired of people starring at me, hootin and hollerin when I'm sittin at a light or when I'm on the freeway-it gets old.

hmmm, i think this means we need photos. to see why they're hollering.

splink 08-31-2006 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by joeworkstoohard
hmmm, i think this means we need photos. to see why they're hollering.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was waiting for that post to pop up...:twothumbs

joeworkstoohard 08-31-2006 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by splink
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was waiting for that post to pop up...:twothumbs

ehhh, i knew someone would, i just wanted to be the winner.

IMADreamer 08-31-2006 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Halfcent

I hate tinting laws. I think they are stupid. I think if you want to do it, you should be able to. I know what the law makers reasons are for the law, and I disagree, but in this state (Illinois), I am in the minority. So I accept it as law and I comply. It's called being part of a society.

I agree with you 100%. It's illegal and you got busted for it. Sorry no sympathy here, you should have known better. It's for the officers safety and I know that most young people thing all cops are dicks but in reality it's most young people are dicks. If you don't break the law they won't bust you. Plain and simple. I haven't gotten pulled over in my SS once, big wing and all. Why would you even do stuff to a car that alread gets too much attention just to draw more attention to it.

I know your pissed that you spent money on this but you should have been using your head. Try to look at it from a mature standpoint and you will see you are in the wrong, not the cop.

By the way your three reasons for wanting tint are bunk. Use a leather conditioner and your leather will be fine. Roll the windows down a just a tad to let heat out, and if you don't want people staring at you then ugly yourself up and no one will pay attention to you. You may be the first female on the planet that doesn't want guys looking at her.

SS_Canuck 08-31-2006 10:28 AM

That's your opinion and everything, but I didn't do it simply because it 'looks cool.' I did it for a few reasons...
1. It helps to preserve your leather and overall interior-don't believe me, read up on it
2. It helps keep some of the heat out of the car

Yea it's illegal and the laws are dumb, but I did it for my reasons whether you think it's stupid or not. Enough said.

Those are some understandable reasons, but did you have to get them done so dark, why not get the legal limit in PA?

johnkb8 08-31-2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by SS_Canuck
Those are some understandable reasons, but did you have to get them done so dark, why not get the legal limit in PA?

legal limit on the front windows, is what you get from the factory pretty much 70% is legal on front