General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

07 Chevy Cobalt Ls (Sedan)

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 Chevy Cobalt Ls (Sedan)

Hey Guys, i am new to the forum and i got my cobalt a few weeks ago and signed up to see whats up.

Ok here we go: I have an 07 Cobalt LS Sedan (yeah i know its not an ss) and i have huge plans for this decent car. I want to turn my car into an Audio comp vehicle but on the side i would love to turn this into a pretty sleek sleeper. So far I was forced into buying front speakers because the oem speakers were junk. I am choosing between turning the car from gold (or whatever factory colour that it is) to Maroon with some wood dash for the interior OR Make the exterior a root beer brown and make the interior cream (turn it into a root beer float. I am going to be plasti dipping it so if i wanted to repaint down the road i can always peel the paint off and repaint. What do you guys think about my plan for the year? I have a lot to do and get ready for next years audio comp down in Pittsburgh.
Old 07-30-2017, 10:31 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
If that's what you're into go for it. Just track down and eliminate all the rattles is my only advice. Nothing that makes a good sounding system sound bad like car body rattles.

What kind of audio competitions do you do? I don't know much about them but I know when I was into speaker systems big time back in high school that they basically had competitions for who's subs could bump the loudest. Sound quality didn't matter. But then I guess there were other competitions that are judged based on sound quality and aesthetics. What kind of comp are you looking to take part in?
Old 07-30-2017, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
If that's what you're into go for it. Just track down and eliminate all the rattles is my only advice. Nothing that makes a good sounding system sound bad like car body rattles.

What kind of audio competitions do you do? I don't know much about them but I know when I was into speaker systems big time back in high school that they basically had competitions for who's subs could bump the loudest. Sound quality didn't matter. But then I guess there were other competitions that are judged based on sound quality and aesthetics. What kind of comp are you looking to take part in?
I didnt know that there were different audio comps
Old 07-30-2017, 10:37 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Originally Posted by FITZYdotEXE
I didnt know that there were different audio comps
I haven't looked into them in years so I have no idea either. You still didn't tell me though what kind you are planning on doing?
Old 07-30-2017, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by jdbaugh1
I haven't looked into them in years so I have no idea either. You still didn't tell me though what kind you are planning on doing?
I think i might consider competing USACi or in MECA. ive been googling them and see whats nearby and luckly i could goto Cleveland and Pittsburgh for the comps. I just want to do it for fun and do it for a hobby.
Old 07-30-2017, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member

Received 584 Likes on 519 Posts
Welcome