General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

2007 Cobalt Production starts June 19th

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I thought maybe they would but putting in an updated Pioneer. So the SS will have the same Pioneer radio and it will look the same? And the rest of the Cobalts will have a black colored radio?

It would be nice if they add aux/ipod inputs to the Pioneer like that Black Tie has.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by unknownsoldierX
Well, I thought maybe they would but putting in an updated Pioneer. So the SS will have the same Pioneer radio and it will look the same? And the rest of the Cobalts will have a black colored radio?

It would be nice if they add aux/ipod inputs to the Pioneer like that Black Tie has.
The headunit for ALL Cobalts will be the black tie. I thought you were talkin bout the speakers because I dont even think the head unit is a Pioneer.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by unknownsoldierX

No , the SS or any Cobalt with the Pioneer system still gets the "black-tie radio . Black tie is a designation only , the color codes remain . The cars with Silver trim will still have a Silver Black-tie radio , woodgrain and charcoal trimmed cars will still get the black . U get ur Ipod Jack in the SS/SC .

As far as the SS/SC specifically goes ...Pioneer system stays / current silver head unit used for pioneer out OUT / new silver head unit for pioneer cars IN .

Paul500X- The base radios will still be similar to the current base radio's
Old 05-30-2006, 06:48 PM

Ok. That all makes sense. I didn't think the head unit was Pioneer, but I wasn't sure.

Is there any word on seat option changes? I don't want to get the cheap leather seats, but I like the color inserts. I hope they offer something besides the plain black Recaros.

Speaking of Recaros, does anyone know if you get a different back seat with them (i.e., a Recaro leather back seat?) Or do you get the standard leather back seat?