Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   General Cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/)
-   -   Car stolen (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/car-stolen-218014/)

CapitalOne 06-08-2010 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by moranjames89 (Post 5004608)
sucks man... how much would you get for the total on the car? did you even check auction and for sale sites.?

idk yet but i want my car back :cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cussing::cuss ing:

KoriCobalt 06-08-2010 10:34 PM

yeah onstar can do wonders even disable a vehicle, the only issue is time and how long has it been before reported stolen, they can simply disable it keeping the car from being tracked. Hope you get it back soon, when you do, you can give them the beat down in person.

blackss/sc07 06-09-2010 01:25 AM

wow man i hope u get it back

daregooch 06-09-2010 02:13 AM

ill keep an eye out in tampa

vahdyx 06-09-2010 09:58 AM

Man sorry to hear that. Hope you get it back and find the ass that took it.

I went from Honda to Chevy because my car kept getting stolen. I had LoJack and a Manual fuel kill switch and people still kept breaking in and moving it. The sad thing is my Integra was only 160WHP.

Anyway good luck.

crypticscifer 06-09-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by moranjames89 (Post 5004536)
they couldn't of went far, thats for sure. If your going to steal a car you gotta get to where your going quick. They will probably take it apart piece by piece. How long has it been? I would be looking for your parts on craigslist and ebay asap. They know that you think your car is still in one piece somewhere, but its not. Check industrial yards, warehouses and farm fields for your car..... That is sad all that work to waste, im sorry bro. If your lucky they were just amateurs looking for a joyride and they dumped it somewhere.

on star???

Originally Posted by CapitalOne (Post 5004602)
i doubt ill get it back but if i do i think ill cry lol. im sure u can disable them, all i think it is just wires

On Star can turn the car off remotely. Hoping they or you didnt disable that thing. Contact on star and inform them of the police report yada yada, they can find the location of it. Makes repo guys work much easier.

Originally Posted by CapitalOne (Post 5004591)
yes but they couldnt connect to it. so they did something to it.

ouch. well they is always the insurance company.

HIValicious 06-09-2010 10:39 AM

Damn man! I'm sorry to hear. Hope they catch whoever it was!

saunders1986 06-09-2010 10:55 AM

am i the only one who is wondering how the f**k someone stole it?? wouldnt they need to tow it?

cmatthewb101 06-09-2010 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by saunders1986 (Post 5005756)
am i the only one who is wondering how the f**k someone stole it?? wouldnt they need to tow it?

Im kinda wondering this also

DSmastery 06-09-2010 11:05 AM

that blows to the max

sub for later

cmatthewb101 06-09-2010 11:10 AM

Sure it didn't get repo'd? Kinda funny if I saw it on Operation Repo tonight :lol:

JK, don't mean to joke. I'd kick someass if I saw the person in it.

Canabliss 06-09-2010 11:38 AM

damn i leave my car unlocked everywhere. i guess its not as bad in jersey but imma lock my shit now

rossshady120 06-09-2010 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by CapitalOne (Post 5004483)
I am very pissed, My car was stolen the other day on me while I was in Orlando FL.

oh hell no, one of the reasons i invested in a Python alarm starts beeping in my pocket up to a mile away if someone is messing with America. When i first got my head unit i was very scared that it was going to get stolen a big deterrent is leaving the remote start on and locking it up when u walk into 7/11 for a sec. Also get illegal tints so no body can see what you got in there, carbon fiber screams steal me steal me i was thinking about it i got enough problems and i dont need to be anal over a 500 dollar hood. Hope you got GAP go get a new LNF in stolen red!

tru2nrtt777 06-09-2010 11:43 AM

Around here there are more thiefs stealing stuff out of cars, not the cars themselves... because of that I leave my car doors unlocked sometimes because I would rather them steal my shit without breaking a window.

tmharsh 06-09-2010 11:45 AM

If it were towed, then the car would of never been started and OnStar wouldn't work because there would be no power going to it. Getting into a modern car without upsetting the factory alarm and then getting it started probably isn't too easy. Grab and go is likely the easiest way to get a car. People aren't likely to give a second thought to a car getting loaded onto a flatbed.

tru2nrtt777 06-09-2010 11:46 AM

Sucks your whole car is gone though. I would be on craigslist searching though. It isnt hard to rip the cobalt down, with the right tools a decent mechanic could have the engine/susp/tranny/interior out in a few hours....

07SSYellow 06-09-2010 11:49 AM

this is weird....you cant just disable onstar....something is deff not adding up here.....

rossshady120 06-09-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tmharsh (Post 5005867)
If it were towed, then the car would of never been started and OnStar wouldn't work because there would be no power going to it. Getting into a modern car without upsetting the factory alarm and then getting it started probably isn't too easy. Grab and go is likely the easiest way to get a car. People aren't likely to give a second thought to a car getting loaded onto a flatbed.

not true you lock your keys in your car you call Onstar they open it up, factory alarm sucks dick i have never heard it go off once 500 dollars on a python well spent and when its hot out i remote start and let it cool off inside. I wouldnt in a million years get onstar theres something about bigger brother watching me do 160+ down the sawgrass.

07SSYellow 06-09-2010 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by tmharsh (Post 5005867)

FYI Onstar has its own spare power source in the car so it ALWAYS has power

BLAZIN07SS 06-09-2010 11:55 AM

disconnect the battery. voila no onstar or lo-jack! sucks for you though OP. i have no idea what the hell they are going to do with a cobalt. there is not a heavy demand for the cars.

CudaJoe 06-09-2010 12:00 PM

THey must have thought they were uber rare, which they are. lol. Chances are it may even show up on this Forum! Luckily you have one thing really setting it apart, that friggen a1000 red thing in your trunk! lol.

mkulrey13 06-09-2010 12:01 PM

I guess everyone missed where 3 people said "HOW CAN YOU STEAL IT WITHOUT A FLATBED" :lol: its not as easy to hotwire a car now-a-days

rossshady120 06-09-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by CudaJoe (Post 5005894)
THey must have thought they were uber rare, which they are. lol. Chances are it may even show up on this Forum! Luckily you have one thing really setting it apart, that friggen a1000 red thing in your trunk! lol.

i was just about to say that! also in my car the trunk button doesn't work and theres a nice big set of subs you got to get past to get to the batt.

Originally Posted by mkulrey13 (Post 5005898)
I guess everyone missed where 3 people said "HOW CAN YOU STEAL IT WITHOUT A FLATBED" :lol: its not as easy to hotwire a car now-a-days

Back when i was stock i had a hard enough time just getting it going with a key, all it takes is a screwdriver to my friends 2000 stang to steal it

skymynx 06-09-2010 12:10 PM

good luck

tony2toness/sc 06-09-2010 12:11 PM

i thought lojack had a glitch if you put a strong enough magnet near the components you can fry it and your in or exactly a flatbed wich is why my viper system has the sensors if my car is lifted or disturbed