Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   General Cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/)
-   -   Cobalt wires from floor dont match Ion seats... (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/cobalt-wires-floor-dont-match-ion-seats-282960/)

StevoElSupremo 07-17-2012 11:45 PM

Cobalt wires from floor dont match Ion seats...

The ion seats I got, the wires coming from them dont match the wires coming from my '06 cobalts floor wires, causing the "service airbag" thing to come on :r:

anyone know if I can just clip the connectors and connect the wires manually to turn the airbag notification off? if so which wires go to which?

thanks for any help, I know this is a little obsucure of a quesiton but help would be much appreciated lol.

ORRRRRR how could I make it so the passenger airbag is ALWAYS on? can I ground something out?

******* I dont have my old cloth seats or seat belt clips either, I just have the new Ion leather seating, oh and how do you tell if seats are heated? lol is there a way to tell by looking at them/plugs?

Aleksey 07-18-2012 12:43 AM

You can splice to have the sensor connected or get the other side of the connector somewhere and wire that in for plug and play in the future

StevoElSupremo 07-18-2012 12:51 AM

Ok so you can indeed splice wires but the thing is, I dont know WICH wires to splice, (black, red, yellow.... ) and I'm also asuming ALL Ion seats (sans recaros) came with Pass.Pres. sensors correct?

I obviously dont wanna drive around with that light on so I just need to know wich colours to splice into eachother and I'll be good to go :)

Aleksey 07-18-2012 01:03 AM

Depends on what year ION the seats are from

LS6Rally 07-18-2012 01:51 AM

There would be another plug under the seat if they were heated

StevoElSupremo 07-18-2012 11:02 AM

well I went and took the pass. seat out, under it there was a tag that said "equipped with sensory blah blah" so it does have one, however, after screwing around with the wires I couldn't figure out how to make it work properly.

So until someone here hopefully chimes in with wich ones to splice I just grounded the whole system so the pass. airbag is ALWAYS on ( I dont drive with children ever in the car) so it should be ok for now, but I really hope someone could give me a deffinite answer :)

ei3dag3 07-18-2012 12:17 PM

why dont you just take out the sensors from the old seats?
thats what i did when I trade ls seats for ss seats.

Cobalt08LS 07-18-2012 12:49 PM

passanger weight sensor from the cobalt seat has to be put in the ion seat.
i did same thing. you have to switch the seatbelts from the cobalt seat to the ion seat because it has the wires

riceburner 07-18-2012 12:53 PM

i had this same issue swapping seats with a guy with black turbo ss seats. his had wires on the passy side apparently and mine did not, causing his airbag light to go on and disable abs or something ( :wtf: )

we wound up meeting up, flipping over our seats and totally swapping wire sets. right down to the plasticy thing under his seat that was a 'weight sensor' or something. hope that helps -

fotnotes: meet up with swapper, swap harnesses.

StevoElSupremo 07-18-2012 01:28 PM

I'd like to meet with the swapper... but he lives 3 hours away >.< I just wish I could wire the stupid thing and be done with it.. ugh

thanks for the help though Rice burner, I'm just crossing my fingers that someone posts a pinout or something of the connectors stating what each wire does lol cuz I cant find one

aikidoshadow 07-18-2012 01:31 PM

Only the 07 IONs had the sensors in teh seats.

StevoElSupremo 07-18-2012 02:10 PM

guy I swapped with texted me hes coming to a big meet in a week by me so he said he'd be happy to bring the passenger seat with him :) .

So I'll just swap it all over, too bad I cut the connector that comes from the Cobalt lol!! oops.... oh well I can solder the wires back together for that, just may take some trial and error for those three pink wires haha!