General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

What can I do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2011, 12:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What can I do?

Ok I've had my cobalt for a few months now and have been unable to do anything to it, and the more and more I research on this site the more and more I want to make mine non stock. Unfortunately the car is an LT and not an SS/SC But nevertheless I love the little car. Eventually when things change I plan on upgrading to an SS and then this car will be passed on to my finance. Unfortunately I have not been able to work for over a year now because of an accident I was in, so heres my question. What can I do to my car thats free or dirt cheap, cause every once in a while I come into a little cash. I'm not looking to make it a speed demon as of yet (future SC build) but I'm tired of being bone stock. I already plan on removing the air box silencer, and I'd love to find a cheap intake, but what else can I do to change up my car performance or looks? I want lowering springs but until I can afford them I'm contemplating cutting a little out of the springs, opinions? I have a friend bringing me a set of stock ss springs, but it might be a while till he can bring them and I cant cut mine until I have spares just in case the ride is too rough for my back. I have a few little maintainance things to do to the car soon. But does anyone have Ideas? I'm about to go wingless when I get the chance to take it off, I'm also gonna completely debadge the trunk lid. Thanks in advance guys
Old 05-28-2011, 01:16 AM

some apperance you can do is for cheap is take off the door trim, paint wheels, tint tail lights, and maybe paint your interior trim. that will make it look a little different than every cobalt on the street.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:53 AM

dude, just wait til you have enough money to do something... If you try and cut your springs you will not be happy with the ride, trust me I know this from experience. I know it sucks to have a vehicle and not enough money to mod it, but if you are patient enough a good deal on stuff will come your way. Good luck dude, maybe try to see if someone has a stock ss bumper off a car that was t-boned or something, that would give you the look... Tint isn't too much, and havin blacked out windows looks sexy on cars IMHO.