General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Every car owner needs to check this out...

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Every car owner needs to check this out...

http://www.ipromiseamerica.com/

Visit the above website andp pledge your support. Maybe then we can get a CRUZE SS TURBO...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Detroit Area Cafe Bails Out Big Three With Free Coffee
AJ's Offers A Cup For Customers Who Promise To Buy American Cars

FERNDALE, Mich., Dec. 10, 2008 -- As Washington debates bailing out the Big Three, a Detroit-area coffee shop is helping to keep Motown moving by offering a free cup of coffee for every customer who promises to buy an American car.

The "I Promise" campaign at AJ's Music Cafe in downtown Ferndale is owner AJ O'Neil's way of telling America that Detroiters believe the domestic auto industry is worth saving.

"There's a lot of talk in Washington about what Detroit does or does not deserve in handouts from American taxpayers," O'Neil said. "Well, here on Main Street in Detroit, we believe in the products we make and we're willing to pledge to America that we will help the car companies survive and repay every penny."

O'Neil, who has been invited to attend the inauguration of Barack Obama, said the "I Promise" campaign is an answer to the president-elect's own words: "We know the government can't solve every problem."

So, in addition to the $15 billion to be chipped in by the U.S. government, the "I Promise" campaign is meant to assure the Big Three that their grass-roots customers stand ready to support them as well.

But O'Neil warned that the promise does not give the automakers a blank check. It implies a responsibility on their part, too.

"We also understand that it is imperative that they remember that they have a fiduciary responsibility to their customers to build, safe, attractive, technologically advanced, environmentally responsible vehicles," O'Neil said. "Our promise, for that understanding, is to stand behind you and buy your product."

O'Neil reports that he has already seen the merits of the campaign, launched on Tuesday.

"So far, just this morning, I was able to see a customer become convinced to buy a Chrysler, instead of a Toyota," he said. "Another signer stated that she would be satisfied to buy an American car if the automakers held up their part of the bargain.

"I hope, I hope I run out of coffee! If i start to get low, I'll be looking for a bailout by the Big Three!"

O'Neil is also a playwright and community activist who has a knack for drawing the community together. He made headlines worldwide last March when he hosted a 50-hour "Danny Boy" marathon that brought prominent politicians, including Michigan Gov. Jennifer Granholm, to his coffee shop stage.

O'Neil is planning to repeat the "Danny Boy" marathon next spring and is scheduled to release a book in February 2009 about how the event came together.

AJ's Music Cafe is located at 240 W. Nine Mile Road in Ferndale, Mich. You can call O'Neil at 248-399-3946 or e-mail him at ajamesoneil@gmail.com.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:57 PM

hahaa scrw gm

ford possibly
Old 03-21-2009, 06:02 PM

ok. im not sure how i should put this. so ill just put in a way that any layman can understand.

The market needs to play itself out.

If a company like GM is failing let them fail, get taken over by the private sector and come back better.

Spending all this money to keep what is already failing as a futile attempt. Same with he banks. just becuase an entity is that large does not give the power like they have now. or at least justify it.

This does not mean, that i dont feel for every last person that lost there job or is suffering. thats not it at all, so stop saying that people... im not some jackass and happen to have the opinion of MANY

i voted for obama BTW.... MIGHT have voted for Ron Paul. hes the ****. ( thats for you leftys thats are about to jump on my ass)
Old 03-21-2009, 07:37 PM

academic arguments inside business schools are inconsequential, GM and Ford both had restructuring plans that we gaining traction with the highest quality and best products in their histories being built on top of the most fuel efficient and technology leading...the economy bottomed out due to the financial sector's irresponsibility and the auto industry shouldn't be maligned for the banks failures...

Support this country and the people in it. Buy from US car companies. period.

apply your lack of logic, above poster, to goldman sachs, jp morgan chase, boa, and AIG ...*THEN* I will agree with you

these are real jobs, real people's lives, and reality, not something in your head.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:57 AM

I was just looking to buy an 09 car to replace my cobalt.
I could not find any car made by GM that I would have been happy with (save the SKY). I think they are going downhill because of the damn unions, and the lack of relevant car selection.
It's too bad, because my Cobalt was one of the best designed cars I've ever seen (for what it was).
Old 03-23-2009, 02:42 AM

go try a g8, you will change your mind.