General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

SS/SC owners...

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down SS/SC owners...

Well majority of people on this site seem like they have a decent knowledge of the SS/SC and arent cocky bastards, but I have to say I havent met one smart/cool SS/SC owner. I work at a chevy dealer and have met 3 guys, 2 here and one on the road.

Douchebag #1: This guy is telling me about what I should do to my car. He put on new muffler or something for $150 and is telling me it added 10hp. He says he plans on getting a full exhaust, GM stg 2, and intake and that I should do the same. With those mods our car will be doing 0-60 in 4 seconds and will beat a C6 Z06. What?!?! Are you serious? Yes he was dead serious, repeated this 4-5 times. Ok so all SS/SC owners cant be this thick headed.

Douchebag #2: See him outside service and go talk to him. Conversation goes like this, more or less.

me:"Nice car, what mods you got done to it"
db2:"Just injen CAI, ordered ZZP 2.5" pulley"
me"Let me know how that runs with stock injectors, cause it might get lean with all that extra air flow."
db2:"No my car is supercharged, it'll make it faster"
me"I know i have a black one around the corner"
db2:"No but mine is supercharged"
me:"Cool, ttyl"

Then he floors it to show off, and bounces off the rev limiter a few times That weekend a buddy of mine said he tried to race a red ss/sc with an injen sticker on the rear windows, same guy. He said the guy would pull on him (buddy drives a stock tc) then get in front and hit his brakes hard, he did this twice in a row.

Douchebag #3: Im pulling onto my street when I see a yellow ss/sc drive-by so I follow rather than park. The guy must have seen me cause he revs his engine. He has an exhaust that sounded nice so I wanted to ask him what it was. I follow him down a couple streets and I honk and wave for him to pull over, so he floors it...He is flying down side streets, burning rubber at every stop sign, wtf? I finally catch up and when we pull onto a 2 lane road. I try asking him what exhaust he has and he says $21,000 so I guess he thought I ask how much he paid for the car. I say, no and point to the back of the car and say exhaust again. He says oh $1,200. What kind? He doesnt know, so I say you spent $1,200 on an exhaust and you dont even know what kind it is and he says yep and smiles. So I just say bye, give thumbs up and head back home.

I know people have labeled SRT owners as the cocky douchebags, but I have met and hung out with like 5-6 of them and they were all cool, knew their car and didnt think it was the fastest thing on 4 wheels. Im starting to think that SS/SC owners are the douchebags here. Anyone else meet any SS or SS/SC owners like this?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:35 PM

Not yet.. perhaps meeting just random owners who are not part of any performance community is where your problem is?
Old 08-12-2006, 01:37 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Sounds like you met 2 guys who know nothing about their cars, 1 of who is not a douchebag but an ******* and the third guy seems to be an SS\SC owner who wants to believe he is the only owner or one of these cars.
I have met some cool owners and I have also met the "I am the only one to own this car here" owners. As for the a-holes I have been fortunate not to have met them but I have read some of their posts.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:45 PM

Douchebag #1:One dude tried telling me i couldnt drive/shift right cause i was running slower than i should, turns out i was have serious knock issues. Meanwhile this tool made a post and asked what a CEL was, his name is Gregg K and he is on the .com site, go figure.

Douchbage #2: A kid that lives near me. He asked me what i had done to my car and i told him(at the time), a K&N intake and a corsa exhaust, then 2 months later i hear rumors that he is zipping around town with a K&N intake and a corsa exhaust what a tool. He's bought the same **** i had, im not telling the *** another thing, if he asks im telling him that i bought the GM stage 2 upgrade. Also i raced him with my intake and exhaust and he was stock. I pulled 2 cars on him but he tried telling people that he beat me. Dont flatter yourself lol.

Its one thing if you met someone that you never met before and have the same stuff on your car or ask around on the internet, but when you talk to only one person about something and then 2 months later you have the exact same stuff it just pissed me off, i could understand if he asked around to get other opinions but nohe bought the stuff solely on my thoughts.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:51 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by CobaltSS313
.....he bought the stuff solely on my thoughts.
So whats the problem with that? You talked, he listened. Maybe he never met another actual owner.
The lying part is an immature thing to do.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:55 PM

Unfortunately our car is going to get to be just like the Mustang and SRT-4. As more and more are made and bought, more and more ass wipes are going to buy and own them. Also because of the ground work being laid down by people on this site the car will get faster and faster and therefore will attract a higher portion of the **** head segment. All we can do is be decent people and not treat other people like crap and keep a good image of the Cobalt owner.
Old 08-12-2006, 01:57 PM

umm i hate to say it, but with ANY car.. theres gonna be ********, I don't care if it's a 1985 Volvo or a 2007 lamborghini.. they will always be there.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:53 PM

Sucks you met some jerks, I personally haven't met anyone else with a SS/SC, but I come from a small town. The important thing is for you, myself, and everyone else here to keep a good image, learn, and give good advice to people about our cars so that we don't project that jerk image that some do. There will be those people with every car but if the majority of us can keep a good image the group as a whole will remain respected.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:54 PM

wow...that dousche wont have his car very long runing a 2.5 on STOCK INJECTORS....******* lol
Old 08-12-2006, 02:59 PM

asshats. I know there are tons of people that have bought the car and I know there is rice on the streets somewhere but I hope dbags dont start showing up left and right. It's that kind of attitude that pisses me off.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:01 PM

hey im not gonna lie to the comment of the owner who thinks that there are no other cars in the town like his well **** i would get pretty mad too if someone bought the same car as me.... reason being is because i live in a small town...and having a color and a car that no one has is just a whole different feeling.... You can actually be different from the rest of the ss owners in town solely on the purpose of just your car and thats how i see it... but no matter what in the long run i see someone owning a sunburst orange ss/sc in my town which sucks but o well life goes on and thats where modding comes in!!
Old 08-12-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A lil while back my roommate and I were out cruising where we used to live, saw a laser blue ss/sc. I pulled beside him as asked if he wanted to pull over and chat about the cars. He does, but when we do stop (in a church parking lot none the less) he goes "so where was it you wanted to run them?" I told him I didn't, just wanted to check out the laser blue. He then tells me how he has one of four ss/sc in the state of ohio and his is fully loaded. Tells me I should have opted for the upgraded interior (i have g85, his is standard ) and then proceeds to bs more about his 'fully loaded' (had nothing but moonroof) ss/sc and how he was shocked to see another within a 100 mi radius. Uh.....D-bag.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:45 PM

Fortunately I have been spared this, but on the other hand, I haven't run into any other owners around me.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:53 PM

ok well i never met this kid but we had a yellow ss/sc come into our shop and the front radiator opening, radiator and heater core were DESTORYED. on top of that the car was TOTALLY covered in oil. I ask the service manager what happened and he says
the kid hit a rock and messed up the car. but instead of stopping he kept driving and the car lost all of the oil and coolant and he seized the motor. Insurance only apid for the initial damage. the car is fixed and still sitting in the lot as we speak for about 5 days. what an asshat. o and its a 2006 with 3k on it.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
So whats the problem with that? You talked, he listened. Maybe he never met another actual owner.
The lying part is an immature thing to do.
How would you feel if 10 people did the exact same build as you are doing, your car would be just like everyone elses. Your doing because you want to be unique. I also want to be unique, one reason why i got my stripes, yes i liked them but i wanted them so my car stood out. This tool doesnt even know what a lugnut is. And to top it all off i try and help him out and what does he do, turns around and he talks **** on me, i have every right to lie to this asshat. If he came up to me and was like, "What do you think of your corsa exhaust, do you like it?", i would have been fine. I told him i had a Corsa and he was like who makes that, is it made by magnaflow, i was like. The kid had know idea what it was and who it was made buy but he just bought it for the hell of it, i think not. Now i know why some people on here dont like telling people what they have done to their cars.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I"ve met one owner like that.... He's not allowed to come near us anymore.... but as for letting people know what you have... I personally don't care pretty much most of the ss/sc pickup whatever I run in my car, it just makes me want to get faster to stay ahead of the game. There's even a few cars I have personally worked on to get them up to speed free of charge just because....
Old 08-12-2006, 04:59 PM

Havn't run into any douchbags
Old 08-12-2006, 05:06 PM

well, on another note, im in a small town of less than 3k. there are 2 SS/SC's, mine and a yellow one. ive never meet him, but i know who he is, been told he is a jerk, fine, its sad cause id really like to talk to someone and compare cars cause ive heard from the service guys that he has same problems as i have, and a few more. anyway heres the real meat for you HOW MANY PEOPLE who own a SS/SC actually try to stop and talk to someone in a SS 2.4 only to have that person more or less blow you off and not want to talk???? this has happened twice. and i was NOT trying to act like i wanted to race. hell cant we all get along??? people that buy these cars imo are gear heads, right? i know i enjoy talking about cars, even ones i dont own.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:08 PM

yah there is another guy he know what i have but he's still opting for the GM stage 2 kit. He's cool about it. Its just that he was talking **** about me. I try to help him out and there he is stabbing me in the back. I guess i might have went overboard but i was just mad about the whole talking **** thing.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:16 PM

Havent met any yet... I have found a few 2.4 SS's that told me they were supercharged SS's! HMMMMM... I drive an SS/SC I know the difference... and he then found out the difference while looking at my taillights! Some people just want to make themselves look or feel better... just do it to someone who doesn't know what they are talking about! PERIOD!
Old 08-12-2006, 06:50 PM

Ive met 3 SS/SC owners down here in El Paso. One of them I raced when I was stock on some airport road, the post is on here, his name is skatecity and he is a cool guy. The other guy I met was a young guy at the track who couldnt break 16 in his ss/sc. I used to own a redline and have raced at the track with it, so I offered him some advice on launching and told him that his car was capable of much more. Instead of droppin it at 6000rpm he eased out at like 2k and got a 15.4 on his next run. He was really cool and willing to listen. The 3rd guy is kind of a *** and he hangs out with my evil twin brother SRT-4 (his is red, only he is a ***). Imagine a douchebag owner of an EVO, a 02 Mustang GT, a Cobalt SS/SC and SRT-4. Yep they all hang out together. and they park their cars according to coolness or some ****. Anywho, the majority of LSJ owners I have met were really cool, but approximately 17-20 yrs old, but still cool nonetheless.
Old 08-12-2006, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by pOrk
Imagine a douchebag owner of an EVO, a 02 Mustang GT, a Cobalt SS/SC and SRT-4. Yep they all hang out together. and they park their cars according to coolness or some ****. .
They park their cars according to coolness, thats the gayest/funniest **** i've ever heard. Are you sure its not according to who is pitching and whos catching that night?
Old 08-12-2006, 07:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never had the pleasure, or as it may seem the displeasure of meeting a fellow ss s/c owner. I have in fact seen 2 other ss s/c's around besides my own. A sunburst orange one and a red one. I did see a black one in the downtown disney parking lot. But I'm not a douche bag about my car. I'm actually kind of modest. I mess around with the guys at my job cuz one of them owns the new civic si, we're supposed to race at some point. He wants to, but I'm not too interested. Either way, I'm only a bastard with ******* civic owners and since there are plenty of them and I have run into quite a few I feel maybe sometimes you should put them in their place. As for a fellow ss s/c owner I would never be a douche with him/her. I mean why would I do that? We were both smart enough to buy a cobalt
Old 08-12-2006, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by ChiTownSS

Douchebag #1: This guy is telling me about what I should do to my car. He put on new muffler or something for $150 and is telling me it added 10hp. He says he plans on getting a full exhaust, GM stg 2, and intake and that I should do the same. With those mods our car will be doing 0-60 in 4 seconds and will beat a C6 Z06. What?!?! Are you serious? Yes he was dead serious, repeated this 4-5 times. Ok so all SS/SC owners cant be this thick headed.
I love my 06 SS/SC and think it is a great car for this price range. It is and will continue to be my daily driver. My 07 Corvetter Z06 will arrive in 2-3 weeks. If you see the Douchebag #1, tell him to log on to the following.

This is what the Z06 is all about.

http://www.motortrend.com/av/112_060...deo/index.html
Old 08-12-2006, 09:24 PM

worst thing i have ran into, happen to see a guy washing his yellow ss/sc and i roll down my window and say nice car and what is get back is the most heavily feminin homosexual tone of voice... ahhh! this is the first time i've mentioned it since it happend... i am kinda embarrassed...

Quick Reply: SS/SC owners...