Low key fob battery - Cobalt SS Network



General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-25-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Location: Melbourne FL
Posts: 2,236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Low key fob battery

So today my clicker (Key fob as I now know it as.) wasn't working, so I had to unlock my car with the actual key, and the alarm went off so I closed the door and tried to lock it with the clicker and it eventually stopped, then I tried the same process a few times and the same thing happened, so I opened it and hoped in real quick and turned the car on so it would stop, and where it usually has the MPGs or temps and stuff it said Key fob batt low, just thought it was kinda cool that the car could tell from what I'm assuming was the weaker signal it was getting from the clicker
Phyrric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:54 AM   #2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 06-19-10
Location: dayton ohio
Posts: 4,110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrric View Post
So today my clicker (Key fob as I now know it as.) wasn't working, so I had to unlock my car with the actual key, and the alarm went off so I closed the door and tried to lock it with the clicker and it eventually stopped, then I tried the same process a few times and the same thing happened, so I opened it and hoped in real quick and turned the car on so it would stop, and where it usually has the MPGs or temps and stuff it said Key fob batt low, just thought it was kinda cool that the car could tell from what I'm assuming was the weaker signal it was getting from the clicker
Ok heres a ? for you. Can you lock it but not unlock it? I have a problem where i can lock my car all day but when i unlock nothing happens.
ramrod1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Location: Melbourne FL
Posts: 2,236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod1337 View Post
Ok heres a ? for you. Can you lock it but not unlock it? I have a problem where i can lock my car all day but when i unlock nothing happens.
Nah It was just randomly doing either, I think I read a DIY re sodder your clickers connections, so I assume we just have piece of **** ones haha
Phyrric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 01:57 AM   #4
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 06-19-10
Location: dayton ohio
Posts: 4,110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrric View Post
Nah It was just randomly doing either, I think I read a DIY re sodder your clickers connections, so I assume we just have piece of **** ones haha
Something i thought i just had a low battery like u said but i can always lock it not unlock it the dealership said it was some control thing and like 90 to fix but cant i get a new one installed for like 130?
ramrod1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:01 AM   #5
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 09-27-09
Location: Melbourne FL
Posts: 2,236
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod1337 View Post
Something i thought i just had a low battery like u said but i can always lock it not unlock it the dealership said it was some control thing and like 90 to fix but cant i get a new one installed for like 130?
Shrug, I'm gonna use my other one till it dies beforeI worry about, did your car actually tell you it was low? or you were just assuming?
Phyrric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:05 AM   #6
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 06-19-10
Location: dayton ohio
Posts: 4,110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrric View Post
Shrug, I'm gonna use my other one till it dies beforeI worry about, did your car actually tell you it was low? or you were just assuming?
it never told me i assumed and then my buddy with the blue balt said he had same thing and told me its not battery why would u lock it all day and not unlock it so he took his to dealership.
ramrod1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:26 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They sell the battery at walmart. Just be gentle.
Nighthawk243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:33 AM   #8
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 06-19-10
Location: dayton ohio
Posts: 4,110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post
They sell the battery at walmart. Just be gentle.
mines not battery i can lock it all day and pop the trunk but just not unlock it what i need to do more than anythign and cant
ramrod1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
New Member
 
Join Date: 06-16-10
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod1337 View Post
mines not battery i can lock it all day and pop the trunk but just not unlock it what i need to do more than anythign and cant

My FOB only unlocks and trunk release - lock button works rarely if pressed
hard and held for 1-2 mins
I found a old FOB in trunk, battery was good no functions work on this one

Any cheap fixes??, I tried cleaning button contacts but didn't work

be nice to have one working
BARON420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 06-19-10
Location: dayton ohio
Posts: 4,110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARON420 View Post
My FOB only unlocks and trunk release - lock button works rarely if pressed
hard and held for 1-2 mins
I found a old FOB in trunk, battery was good no functions work on this one

Any cheap fixes??, I tried cleaning button contacts but didn't work

be nice to have one working
No if some functions work and others dont its not a bettery or a simple ix thats a dealer thing and its like 90 to fix
ramrod1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:09 PM   #11
New Member
 
Join Date: 06-16-10
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 23
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
quoted @ halton dealer FOB $135. program $45 canadian + $45 for a key

i would like a better deal but not an aftermarket fob
BARON420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:19 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-20-07
Location: Pittsburgh, Pistolvania
Posts: 2,961
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its the rubber contact piece for the buttons. They've been a bit of a problem area.
Nighthawk243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #13
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 06-19-10
Location: dayton ohio
Posts: 4,110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ya like i said earlier its 90 to fix when you can get a new one for 130? WTF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk243 View Post
Its the rubber contact piece for the buttons. They've been a bit of a problem area.
Rubber contact piece? Well what do you do? to fix it if possible

Last edited by ramrod1337; 06-25-2010 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ramrod1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-27-05
Location: southeast florida
Posts: 2,058
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramrod1337 View Post
mines not battery i can lock it all day and pop the trunk but just not unlock it what i need to do more than anythign and cant


the unlock button on both of my remotes stopped working at like 4?,??? miles seems it might be a common occurance. Do you know what part it is?
stonny9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 10:48 PM   #15
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 06-19-10
Location: dayton ohio
Posts: 4,110
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonny9 View Post
the unlock button on both of my remotes stopped working at like 4?,??? miles seems it might be a common occurance. Do you know what part it is?
Its something with a contact and the dealer quoted my buddys 05 ss s/c at 90 to fix when you can get a new one for like 130
ramrod1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Issues with LNF with Vac and random KR Sl0wbaltSS 2.0L LNF Performance Tech 17 11-17-2016 12:59 PM
Wrong Trans installed under warranty? importkiller Problems/Service/Maintenance 11 09-30-2015 07:18 PM
Wanted Victory Red High Rise Spoiler Slick_Nick Parts 0 09-28-2015 09:15 PM
For Sale Silver 2009 Cobalt SS Sedan grampss Complete Cars 0 09-27-2015 08:51 PM
Sub woofer c_m_shooter South Central 3 09-27-2015 04:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.