General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

Low oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low oil pressure

Hey everyone I’m new to the site. Hope I can get some ideas on whats going on with my car. I have a 2007 cobalt ss sc with GM Stage 2 kit along with Injen cold air intake, headers and full exhaust. So anyways having issues with the car.
So the other day I came home and had the oil pressure light flick on and off as I was turning around in drive way. Checked the oil and it was full and had no lights on at this point. So went to work 5 min from home started and ran fine to work no lights or issues. But then on the way home it started fine ran fine went to leave town and was in 2nd gear at about 3000rpms and it lost half power. So I took it out of gear and it died on me. So I managed to get it started back up and wouldn’t hardly idle and had low power. Drove a little ways farther and it died again sounded awful at this point. Sounded almost like it was on 3 cylinders instead of 4. Finally got it started again and seemed to idle “ok” but the gas gauge went from reading 1/4 full to empty ..... no idea why ?? But anyways got it home and parked it waiting to hear from a buddy who’s a mechanic just wondered if anyone has ideas?? Thanks for the input!
Old 11-02-2017, 07:12 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Sounds like your out of gas... Your sending unit might be bad and that's why your fuel gauge was reading 1/4 tank
Old 11-02-2017, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don’t think it is the a bad gauge. Never had any issues before with it and now if you turn the key on it reads 1/4 again....
Plus that sounds to easy lol