Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   General Cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/)
-   -   Seat removal (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/seat-removal-326280/)

OhSixBalt 05-14-2018 02:52 PM

Seat removal

Hi there

I've searched the forum for removing the front seats, but can't find a useful thread.

Would anyone have a thread handy to show me how to uninstall the front seats on the Cobalt SS?

Or is there a DIY article?

Or .... there's a bolt with a head, but my sockets can't fit between the head of the bolt (looks like a 14mm or so) and the side of the rail.

Thanks! R

Snail_SS 05-14-2018 03:18 PM

It has two bolts on the back of the seat, take those off then push the seat to the front and un clip the harness for the airbags and pull them out it's really simple

FLASH1970 05-15-2018 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by OhSixBalt (Post 7687301)
Or .... there's a bolt with a head, but my sockets can't fit between the head of the bolt (looks like a 14mm or so) and the side of the rail.

Thanks! R

Use a wrench. Pretty sure I was able to use a socket on mine though. I just slid the seat up and went to town. As stated above, don't forget to unclip the airbag connector.

OhSixBalt 05-15-2018 02:41 PM

Thanks I found the bolts - initially I thought the seat came out by taking out the bolts within the rail - I remember on a Porsche seat grinding down a 13 mm socket to get around the bolt. The Cobalt is really easy once I discovered the real bolts were under the plastic covers (duh on my part) after reading your notes.

keiserX13 05-27-2018 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by Snail_SS (Post 7687310)
It has two bolts on the back of the seat, take those off then push the seat to the front and un clip the harness for the airbags and pull them out it's really simple

this
its stupid easy to remove

OhSixBalt 05-27-2018 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by keiserX13 (Post 7688591)
this
its stupid easy to remove

It's like....bat crap walking into telephone poles dumb ass easy - a moment of great shame. lol

cobaltssdude420 05-27-2018 04:50 PM

Why is a post like this allowed but as soon as I make a post about tuning I get bashed and made to look like a fool? Removing the seats is equivalent to jump starting the car ffs. Just need the right torx bit...

cluelessk 05-27-2018 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltssdude420 (Post 7688603)
Why is a post like this allowed but as soon as I make a post about tuning I get bashed and made to look like a fool? Removing the seats is equivalent to jump starting the car ffs. Just need the right torx bit...

There's a difference between.questions and someone else asking for help but feeling like they know better.

I.remember all your first posts being about stuff with everyone advising you don't do what you had planned. They all turned to.debates.

OhSixBalt 05-28-2018 01:50 PM

Dudes it's all good I can take a razzing and it was funny. Everyone screws up some time. That's why I said Duh after missing the plastic covers for the bolts.

I'm not gonna let someone on the net ruin my fun. And I try not to imply others are stupid because it's my experience that although there are some dullards on the net, I can be surprised by smart people all the time, who lurk in the darkness and then shine light everywhere. So it's all good.

The reason my post was allowed was because it was funny watching me make fun of myself. At least, I thought I was pretty amusing. And my wife - she laughs at my jokes too.

OhSixBalt 05-28-2018 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltssdude420 (Post 7688603)

Actually they're not equivalent. I just tried it - removed the seats, and the darned car still won't start! Haaaalp!

lol

Seriously though cobaltssdude420 we all make mistakes and if you feel others are rude online and you get bashed, just try to roll with it - all kinds of people - all kinds of beliefs - and these cars especially with tuning are not easy. We're all learning eh?

The seats are easy, but everything else is work. Good luck.

cobaltssdude420 05-28-2018 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by cluelessk
There's a difference between.questions and someone else asking for help but feeling like they know better.

I.remember all your first posts being about stuff with everyone advising you don't do what you had planned. They all turned to.debates.

The funny thing is, cluelessk, is you were right. My "mechanic" and "tuner" who myself and many others thought was a good guy ended up ripping us all off and losing his business. Yeah that's Matt Howe. I'm sure you've heard the name. Guy disappeared. When I was making those posts, I couldn't get the answers from him and I exaggerated some of them because I was unsure of the work that was getting done. He ended up keeping over $600 worth of my parts.

OhSixBalt 06-10-2018 08:22 PM

And the back seats, man, I thought the front seats were challenging, but the back seats were like...murder! Have a look.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cob...8b5c6918d3.jpg

:eek: :lol:

cobaltssdude420 06-11-2018 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by OhSixBalt
And the back seats, man, I thought the front seats were challenging, but the back seats were like...murder! Have a look.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cob...8b5c6918d3.jpg

:eek: :lol:

Back seats are easier man. Just gotta use every little ounce of muscle in your mind and body and PUSHHHH lol

Snail_SS 06-11-2018 08:54 AM

The rear you just have to push towards the back of the car. The location where you push should be around the middle of the seat where people sit(between the legs area) it's only two areas that you need to push