General Cobalt General Cobalt, Pursuit, and Ion talk. Post specific discussions in the forums below

So a cop followed me the other night...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 04:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So a cop followed me the other night...

I was minding my own business as always on my newspaper delivery route, chilling in my 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS. I love this car! Yes I know it's almost blasphemous to do a car-killing paper route in a Cobalt, but I have no other vehicle and I just consider it working with superior equipment.

Anyway, I turned a corner and saw off in the distance a little glimmer. I said "Oh crap, that's definitely a cop, and he's totally going to pull me over AGAIN." This would have been the third time I've been pulled over on my paper route since I got my Cobalt. (And have never been pulled over in my Cavalier)

Well I got about a mile away (I turned left immediately after seeing the glimmer of his bubbles) when I saw headlights behind me. Noone is ever on the road at 3 in the morning, so I knew that it was a cop I saw, and I knew that he was following me. So I continued doing my paper route and after about 5 or 6 streets he was right up on my ass. He followed me for probably half of my paper route before finally turning away without ever turning his lights on or anything.

My question is, what's the deal? Is my Cobalt really a cop magnet or what? This crap never happened in my Cavalier.
-Aleckor

P.S. Next time a cop follows me like that, I'm going to pull over anyways and be like "Get the frick off my ass, or pull me over" I'm tired of being harassed.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:09 AM
Banned

ill pay to see you say that to him..he prolly bust a cap in ur ass...hahahaha
Old 04-28-2007, 05:19 AM

"Shiny object o-O" wooop wooop wooop
Old 04-28-2007, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Aleckor
I was minding my own business as always on my newspaper delivery route, chilling in my 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS.
Geez, how much they paying newscarriers these days? I was lucky to afford a happy meal at the end of the week.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Super_SS
ill pay to see you say that to him..he prolly bust a cap in ur ass...hahahaha

He was probbably bored because he was working the night shift so he probably wanted to see if you'll mess up so he could right you a ticket. Just running your plates. Trust me bro it could be worst if you were here. In Va Beach they right you tickets for swearing in public and my boy got like 3 tint tickets on his balt and its not that dark.
Old 04-28-2007, 07:35 AM

lol

young kid + new car = quota

he was prolly waitin for u to mess up some how. when they follow, just drive as u would regularly. don't get mad, it makes things worse. like someone said, prolly checkin plates, and it was 3am, and no body is on the road. think what u just wrote over. lol. he prolly wanted something to do. don't let it get to ya. i got police following me all the time, just because i have a car team vinyl. la tee da. oh well. don't think much of it.

-ryan
Old 04-28-2007, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats harrasment, its illegal, get his car # go to the police station and turn his ass in! Make sure you talk to at least a SGT. but preferably like a CAPT. or LT. someone with some rank. Have them take a report as to the harassment and you can bet this cop will not follow you again!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Thats harrasment, its illegal, get his car # go to the police station and turn his ass in! Make sure you talk to at least a SGT. but preferably like a CAPT. or LT. someone with some rank. Have them take a report as to the harassment and you can bet this cop will not follow you again!
No...Next time he sees you. He will pull you over and strip search you ass...
Old 04-28-2007, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by BlkSS4dr
you hit it on the head Cause if he didn't pull you over and harass you they'll say he was doing his job
Old 04-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by BlkSS4dr
And then you get to own your very own police officer! Once he's warned and you tell his supervisor that you have spoken with your family attorny about this matter you can bet your ass he'll be told hands off!

I had a Balto county cop do me like this when I had my turbo Trans Am he kept following me so I stoped in the middle lane of a busy ass 3 lane each way road hit my 4 ways and sat there. He came up and said whats the problem and I told him thats what I want to know, and asked why's he following me does he know its harrasment. Then I got the Ok smart guy give me your license and registration I told him I want his supervisor down here now and that he's not getting anything from me. So then he went into the Are you refusing to give me your ID mode and I countered with Yup! He said he'd arrest me and I said GREAT then I'll talk to your LT and tell him hw your harrasing me, your call there hot shot. He was so pissed but he called his SGT how came down and I told him what had happened and he made the cop appologize and and the best part was when the cop told me he'd be watching me his SGT jumped in his **** with both feet and lite his ass up! Told him if he ever pulled me over, bothered me, or even said HI to me that he'd get a 30 day vacation.

Cops have to follow the law too.

BTW I never saw that cop again.

Originally Posted by blackngold20
you hit it on the head Cause if he didn't pull you over and harass you they'll say he was doing his job
:::sigh::: and you wonder why you guys get fucked by the cops on a daily basis. If you don't kow your rights they can and do walk all over them. Do whatever you want but I'd don't take **** off a cop, my father was one for 19 almost 20 years and I know what they can and can not do. Harassment is ILLEGAL! If you want to roll over and let him stick you in the pooper thats your choice but sorry not me.

Last edited by Jackalope; 04-28-2007 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-28-2007, 08:44 AM

Jack dude...you're in B-more where all that may fly, he's in FL that don't fly down here. Just like VA. If anyone has ever been to va beach you know what I'm talking bout. They litterly have signs that say no swearing. 1st ammendment right freedom of speech right? Wrong it doesn't fly in the commonwealth of va. Cop following you...doesn't matter tehy say its for public saftey. I've seen people get tickets cause they honk their horn at a girl to get her attention and the cop comes to him and says are you honking at me?(in a sarcastic tone) He's says no then gets told to pull over. Gets a ticket for illegal use of your horn. Some states are different then others
Old 04-28-2007, 08:55 AM

Jack dude...you're in B-more where all that may fly, he's in FL that don't fly down here. Just like VA. If anyone has ever been to va beach you know what I'm talking bout. They litterly have signs that say no swearing. 1st ammendment right freedom of speech right? Wrong it doesn't fly in the commonwealth of va. Cop following you...doesn't matter tehy say its for public saftey. I've seen people get tickets cause they honk their horn at a girl to get her attention and the cop comes to him and says are you honking at me?(in a sarcastic tone) He's says no then gets told to pull over. Gets a ticket for illegal use of your horn. Some states are different then others
Well no mater what state your in you still have rights that you should check into, maybe speak to a lawyer.

Or you could always just pull over and stop and let him go past you. Or if he stops too and comes up to you just tell him its your lunch break and pull out a soda and candy bar.

Last edited by Jackalope; 04-28-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:01 AM

That sucks ass! I'd still go down to the station and report him. Either that or at least ask a lawyer about it.

Or you could always just pull over and stop and let him go past you. Or if he stops too and comes up to you just tell him its your lunch break and pull out a soda and candy bar.
I'll be sure to keep a soda and candy bar on stanby
Old 04-28-2007, 09:02 AM

I'll be sure to keep a soda and candy bar on stanby
There ya go!
Old 04-28-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Aleckor
I was minding my own business as always on my newspaper delivery route, chilling in my 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS. I love this car! Yes I know it's almost blasphemous to do a car-killing paper route in a Cobalt, but I have no other vehicle and I just consider it working with superior equipment.

Anyway, I turned a corner and saw off in the distance a little glimmer. I said "Oh crap, that's definitely a cop, and he's totally going to pull me over AGAIN." This would have been the third time I've been pulled over on my paper route since I got my Cobalt. (And have never been pulled over in my Cavalier)

Well I got about a mile away (I turned left immediately after seeing the glimmer of his bubbles) when I saw headlights behind me. Noone is ever on the road at 3 in the morning, so I knew that it was a cop I saw, and I knew that he was following me. So I continued doing my paper route and after about 5 or 6 streets he was right up on my ass. He followed me for probably half of my paper route before finally turning away without ever turning his lights on or anything.

My question is, what's the deal? Is my Cobalt really a cop magnet or what? This crap never happened in my Cavalier.
-Aleckor

P.S. Next time a cop follows me like that, I'm going to pull over anyways and be like "Get the frick off my ass, or pull me over" I'm tired of being harassed.

Cops do that because they have nothing else to do at the time and when he gets that close to you he is cheating he is running your plates to see if you have any outstanding warrents against you then if not he will leave you alone if you do well yea he'll pull you over. my dad is a retired police officer. he said he did that all the time
Old 04-28-2007, 09:17 AM

Next time a cop gets on your tail... do what I do... find the nearest parking lot and pull in.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:05 PM

And then you get to own your very own police officer! Once he's warned and you tell his supervisor that you have spoken with your family attorny about this matter you can bet your ass he'll be told hands off!

I had a Balto county cop do me like this when I had my turbo Trans Am he kept following me so I stoped in the middle lane of a busy ass 3 lane each way road hit my 4 ways and sat there. He came up and said whats the problem and I told him thats what I want to know, and asked why's he following me does he know its harrasment. Then I got the Ok smart guy give me your license and registration I told him I want his supervisor down here now and that he's not getting anything from me. So then he went into the Are you refusing to give me your ID mode and I countered with Yup! He said he'd arrest me and I said GREAT then I'll talk to your LT and tell him hw your harrasing me, your call there hot shot. He was so pissed but he called his SGT how came down and I told him what had happened and he made the cop appologize and and the best part was when the cop told me he'd be watching me his SGT jumped in his **** with both feet and lite his ass up! Told him if he ever pulled me over, bothered me, or even said HI to me that he'd get a 30 day vacation.

Cops have to follow the law too.

BTW I never saw that cop again.

:::sigh::: and you wonder why you guys get fucked by the cops on a daily basis. If you don't kow your rights they can and do walk all over them. Do whatever you want but I'd don't take **** off a cop, my father was one for 19 almost 20 years and I know what they can and can not do. Harassment is ILLEGAL! If you want to roll over and let him stick you in the pooper thats your choice but sorry not me.

You can sum up ur story with one word - lucky! Sure the cops have to follow the law. But what you are overlooking is that the cops that are doing this type of stuff, are the same cops that arent afraid to bend the law a little. If you stop in the middle of a 3 lane busy road, u are simply asking for it. At the very least the cop is fully within his rights to give you a ticket for that alone. Dangerous driving, being an idiot, etc, u name it, and any judge will back that up. **** a cop off, and he might do something to make you regret it (whether legal or illegal). It might be illegal, but if ur shot at the side of the road, and the cop said you were reaching for something in ur car, no witnessess.. whose the judge gonna believe!?

I dont support these cops doing these things.. but u arent johnny cochran.. u are just some young guy, driving a fast car, in the middle of a road, being a nuisance. simple as that.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:36 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you kidding me?

Dude your driving door to door at 3 in the morning, what kind of cop WOULDN'T FOLLOW YOU!? I am sure he was checking to make sure you're not doing friggen B&E's!

Lol, I can't believe you had to ask this question man!

Ryan
Old 04-28-2007, 02:42 PM

next time he rides your ass BRAKE CHECK HIM. then sue his ass for failure to control his vehicle cuz you diddnt want to hit that little baby squirell that "ran out in front" of you NO *****
Old 04-28-2007, 02:55 PM

The only time cops floow me is right before they hit their lights.
Old 04-28-2007, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by boostbalt
Are you kidding me?

Dude your driving door to door at 3 in the morning, what kind of cop WOULDN'T FOLLOW YOU!? I am sure he was checking to make sure you're not doing friggen B&E's!

Lol, I can't believe you had to ask this question man!

Ryan
Completely what I was thinking
Old 04-28-2007, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt_wanter
You can sum up ur story with one word - lucky! Sure the cops have to follow the law. But what you are overlooking is that the cops that are doing this type of stuff, are the same cops that arent afraid to bend the law a little. If you stop in the middle of a 3 lane busy road, u are simply asking for it. At the very least the cop is fully within his rights to give you a ticket for that alone. Dangerous driving, being an idiot, etc, u name it, and any judge will back that up. **** a cop off, and he might do something to make you regret it (whether legal or illegal). It might be illegal, but if ur shot at the side of the road, and the cop said you were reaching for something in ur car, no witnessess.. whose the judge gonna believe!?

I dont support these cops doing these things.. but u arent johnny cochran.. u are just some young guy, driving a fast car, in the middle of a road, being a nuisance. simple as that.

Uh, no I don't think so. After 6 times being followed by the same cop and I know my rights, nope I don't put up with **** from police. Now if I had done anything wrong like yout implying I had he could have sited me, his SGT. could have sited me,neither one did nor could. Having a fast car is not against the law, driving it fast is. See the difference?

Hey don't get me wrong if you guys like to bow down to the cops and let them drill you in the pooper thats perfectly fine by me, but I don't. I know my rights, I know what the local and state police can and can not do and I do not let them walk on me.

Don't know whats with your hate, never said boo to you but hey your entitled to your opinion, even if you are wrong. BTW never knew at 35 I could still be called a kid.

I would encourage all of you to learn your rights and exercise them. If you let police do whatever they want its noones fault but your own.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:25 PM

maybe you could give links to make it easy for someone too look it up online? (not being a dick)
Old 04-28-2007, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by exiged
maybe you could give links to make it easy for someone too look it up online? (not being a dick)
That would be an awesome idea and I'd love to help out with it but the only problem is, as pointed out previously by Blackngold20, laws are different from state to state. If I gave you whats the law here in Maryland it could possibly get you into trouble where ever you live.

I wish I could post up and let you guys know your rights under the law but I'd need to post stuff for each state! And then some states, like VA, have different laws from city to city!

Sorry guys this is one your all gonna have to look up on your own. I'd try looking at your states bill of rights first as it usualy spells out what powers EXACTLY that police have.
This is a search you all need to do at your stat or local level. You could also ask a local lawyer as long as they ofer a free consult thing.

Actualy I found a good place for you all to start, well exceot the Canadians. They don't count , at least not for this anyway. No hate guys bt this can't help you if your north of the boarder.
http://www.constitution.org/constit_.htm

It also has a link to the bill of rights. You'll have to check into any state laws that may differ. BUT these are your base rights that as a citizen of the US you can not have taken away.

Last edited by Jackalope; 04-28-2007 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-28-2007, 04:43 PM

Uh, no I don't think so. After 6 times being followed by the same cop and I know my rights, nope I don't put up with **** from police. Now if I had done anything wrong like yout implying I had he could have sited me, his SGT. could have sited me,neither one did nor could. Having a fast car is not against the law, driving it fast is. See the difference?

Hey don't get me wrong if you guys like to bow down to the cops and let them drill you in the pooper thats perfectly fine by me, but I don't. I know my rights, I know what the local and state police can and can not do and I do not let them walk on me.

Don't know whats with your hate, never said boo to you but hey your entitled to your opinion, even if you are wrong. BTW never knew at 35 I could still be called a kid.

I would encourage all of you to learn your rights and exercise them. If you let police do whatever they want its noones fault but your own.

well I am not sure if you are losing grip on reality, or if you're having a middle-age chrisis.. Fast cars are not illegal, no.. but if you are going to sit there and tell me that police don't target fast cars over minivan's (for example), Im gonna leave this site... Maybe ur behaviour worked well for you, and I commend you on the result. But coming on here and giving off the impression that any cop that makes 3 of the same turns you do in your rear-view mirror needs to be reported and suspended is ignorant. Your case sounds like harassment, yes. But there is a fine line between a cop running plates, checking for warrants, etc as he follows behind you, and that of harassment.

Quick Reply: So a cop followed me the other night...