Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   General Cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/)
-   -   stock yellow shift light (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/stock-yellow-shift-light-46970/)

CinciSS07 02-11-2007 08:38 PM

stock yellow shift light

alright so i test drove an ls cobalt and the little yellow shift warning light came up when i was supposed to shit. I ended up getting an ss/na and i notice that the yellow light never comes on, but i can tell on the instrument panel that the symbol for the shift warning light is there, it just never lights up. i dont understand and not that i really care i was just curious as to why

halfj99 02-11-2007 08:44 PM

the little yellow light is a "best time to shift for gas milage" light, guess they figure ss owners dont care about gas

DarkSergeant 02-11-2007 08:57 PM

Haha, I've had mine for a month and haven't even noticed a shift warning light. I'm glad it doesn't have one because I'd just be trying to figure out how to disable that bastard.
That's what our Tach's are for, gents.

Funny note - I'm trying to teach my fiancee to drive an MTx. We were sitting in the parking lot of a grocery store and I was just getting her to drive around, come to a stop, start moving again, etc. I didn't have my seatbelt on and its alarm went off.
She looked at me frantically, "Oh my god - what does that mean?? Do I need to shift or something??"

Driving a 5-speed is a dying art - much easier to sell to the fiancee when you pitch it as she's looking for a new car as an "automatic $1,500 rebate just for knowing how to drive."

By the way Cinci - what color is your SS? Coupe or sedan?

d_backer1 02-11-2007 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by CinciSS07 (Post 830577)
alright so i test drove an ls cobalt and the little yellow shift warning light came up when i was supposed to shit. I ended up getting an ss/na and i notice that the yellow light never comes on, but i can tell on the instrument panel that the symbol for the shift warning light is there, it just never lights up. i dont understand and not that i really care i was just curious as to why

Damn I'm glad I don't have a light to tell me when to shit:lol: Just bustin your balls no offence But yeah halfj is correct;)

alleycat58 02-11-2007 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by CinciSS07 (Post 830577)
alright so i test drove an ls cobalt and the little yellow shift warning light came up when i was supposed to shit.

Think of the toilet training nightmares this would prevent!!!!!!!

^^^Hahaha, beat me to it!

EvilleCobalt 02-11-2007 10:01 PM

I have one in my LS and you don't even notice it. I just drive the way I want to. It also comes on right before redline BTW not just for gas mileage.

Red2.4SS 02-11-2007 10:04 PM

I drive an SS/NA and the shift light comes on at about 6200 RPM.

CinciSS07 02-11-2007 10:10 PM

haha well come to think of it im glad that thing doesnt come on. haha halfj thats funny and you're completely right. i guess they figure if your going to buy an ss your going to drive the shit out of it anyway and shift however the fuck you want