Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   General Cobalt (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/)
-   -   test drove a ss sc today (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/general-cobalt-68/test-drove-ss-sc-today-100745/)

madmark 03-10-2008 11:36 PM

test drove a ss sc today

i went to friendly chevrolet in dallas to test drive a 05 ss sc. the sales man tryed to unlock the car and then decided to open it with the key, i asked him what was wrong and he said nothing? we pull out of the lot so i can drive, i get in and tryed to hit boost asap and then i noticed the boost gauge was getting stuck and would only go up in increments of 5 psi lol. start driving alittle more and find that the exhaust was leaking somewhere pretty loudly.i get back to the dealership and started listening to the motor and heard the supercharger was making a loud ticking sound, the salesman asked me if i wanted to do some paperwork and i told him im sorry for wasting his time but im not buying that pos lol. i looked at the key fob and someone stole the circuit board out of it and only the buttons were left. lol hell no

i went to honda to look at a white 2.4 ss, i fell in love:D it had every feature and they were working with me on all the deals. the bad thing is it is a automatic but i could care less, i want to try the shift plus on it and put my nitrous on it:lol:

2fastSS 03-10-2008 11:37 PM

u could buy my ss ,14,500

EceSSiveMod 03-10-2008 11:38 PM

i wouldnt get auto.......just not as fun IMO

ColeJJones 03-10-2008 11:38 PM

damn. someone should call GM on this guy

nich7601 03-10-2008 11:39 PM

boooo...find a better ss/sc

DARIN616 03-10-2008 11:39 PM

don;t buy a auto man

blk ss/sc 1 03-10-2008 11:40 PM

i'd keep lookin if i were you.. look for a standard

Originally Posted by ColeJJones (Post 2060862)
damn. someone should call GM on this guy

x2

madmark 03-10-2008 11:42 PM

im sorry people, im not going to buy a car unless its from a dealer. no new york, virginia or any place that far away

ColeJJones 03-10-2008 11:42 PM

no auto!

blk ss/sc 1 03-10-2008 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by madmark (Post 2060879)
im sorry people, im not going to buy a car unless its from a dealer. no new york, virginia or any place that far away

i'm sure you could fine more ss's down by your area

nich7601 03-10-2008 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by blk ss/sc 1 (Post 2060925)
i'm sure you could fine more ss's down by your area

QFT. Fuck 2.4 autos...theres two things wrong with that. The displacement, and the tranny

Helltime 03-11-2008 12:01 AM

I agree with all these people, fuck the auto trans shit. I mean its ok for some people but its no where near as fun. All the people in other posts that say "well for driving in traffic a manual sucks" i laugh. I drive in traffic everyday and to tell you the truth, shifting gears and taking off is as natural to me as breathing, i don't even notice i am doing it half the time (if that makes any sense) unless i am getting on it :lol: Don't settle for an auto, sounds like you want a stick other wise you wouldn't have said "he bad thing is it is a automatic but i could care less". you may think you could care less but thats not what it really sounds like (sorry for the drunken rant :lol:).

TheDriver! 03-11-2008 12:08 AM

The 2.4L is under rated but fun..

But ya an auto you will find to be boring in no time but a manual is hard to find as well.. Good luck in what ever you choose but ya once you go manual, well you ain't driving but miss daisy. To each is their own so no worries..:) Don't get discouraged with that bad dealer and his poor excuse for a Cobalt.. but its not the Cobalts fault