Hahn RaceCraft Hahn RaceCraft Is a Supporting Vendor of CobaltSS.net
Contacts: EcoBoost ; Hahn Sales

2.0 TurboSystem: How would YOU want it?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2K5SS/SC?
Sounds great. I'm really interested in tuneability for the most part and how you mount. A sound clip would be great too to satisfy the "ricer" curiosity side of things.

As for the redine guys, piping should be an easy day. You guys have way more room, and piping is easy to do. Buy some mendral exhaust bends, mark and cut them to size, and if welding is necessary and you don't have a welder go to a local exhaust shop and have it done. It's not that expensive at all. Hell if someone bought the materials and provided me a redline to fit the pipes to, I'd do it for a good meal and a couple brews.
All very true. Redlines also use a different MAF, similar to those found on Colorado, but that's just a matter of machining a flange to fit that's weldable to the tube.

I believe our big Cobalt front mount intercooler would fit them too, so it really is just a matter of piping. We offer a complete line of silicone hose elbows and couplers, and can even provide mandrel bends. Cut / weld / play!

Originally Posted by BeermanSSSC
sweet, well if your looking to gauge interest, i would be interested fo sho.
What's your preferred flava?

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 04-22-2008 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-22-2008, 10:54 PM

dam now i regret spending money on this car lol.... maybe i can sell all the stuff i have to get this! that would be awesome!

also bill where would u hook up a wideband to a turbo car? i never knew that . and also since your in chicago is there any price difference if i had you custom tune it instead of just sending me the usual universal tune?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:00 PM

Hey Bill,
When you do quotes, do you think you could give me one for a Level 2 with that fine ass sheet metal intake. I sort of like the idea of ditching the stock manifold since it's so damn restrictive. Also, what are you guys using to replace the supercharger pulley? Do you have a special idler setup? I might need one of those too if I go the sheetmetal intake manifold route. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:08 PM
Former Vendor

Hey Bill,
When you do quotes, do you think you could give me one for a Level 2 with that fine ass sheet metal intake. I sort of like the idea of ditching the stock manifold since it's so damn restrictive. Also, what are you guys using to replace the supercharger pulley? Do you have a special idler setup? I might need one of those too if I go the sheetmetal intake manifold route. Thanks.
Sure, we can work it out for you that way.

Our approach ditches the entire supercharger drive belt system and replaces it with a 2.2/2.4 style idler and belt. Super-clean and simple, and adds the complex SC drive system to the box of SC parts you'll sell to someone so they can bolt it right on their engine!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:15 PM

did u see my question ?

also bill where would u hook up a wideband to a turbo car? i never knew that .

also since your in chicago is there any price difference if i had you custom tune it instead of just sending me the usual universal tune?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by silentd
dam now i regret spending money on this car lol.... maybe i can sell all the stuff i have to get this! that would be awesome!

also bill where would u hook up a wideband to a turbo car? i never knew that . and also since your in chicago is there any price difference if i had you custom tune it instead of just sending me the usual universal tune?
We add a bung to the housing that routes exhaust from the turbo to the downpipe. I will be offering this as another option for all you wideband fans out there!

Def we could custom tune, and def it would be more expensive than the canned tune. Would it be neccesary? Probably not, but if you'd like to spend some dyno time with the car, we could play and see what we get with your individual combo. Nothing like some quality time to really nail that tune, and you'll drive away a lot smarter about your new turbo car too..I am very talkative!
Old 04-22-2008, 11:18 PM

ya that may be an option, im trying to learn to tune myself and learning would be much easier if i was able to watch someone

i cant wait to see the final prices! lol
Old 04-22-2008, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by EcoBoost
Sure, we can work it out for you that way.

Our approach ditches the entire supercharger drive belt system and replaces it with a 2.2/2.4 style idler and belt. Super-clean and simple, and adds the complex SC drive system to the box of SC parts you'll sell to someone so they can bolt it right on their engine!
Sounds great. I would be more than interested in the aformentioned setup. Do you happen to have a picture of the idler pulley setup?
Old 04-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Former Vendor

Sounds great. I would be more than interested in the aformentioned setup. Do you happen to have a picture of the idler pulley setup?
Not per se...this will be something you source yourself, but we'll share the details of this mod with our customers. Look under the hood of any non-SC car and you'll see the setup.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:56 PM

bill, i would really like the piping blue to match the car. just like the joe's and pauls on the website. Thanks. Almost forgot. what gauges would you recommend we have, boost? wideband? interceptor? etc. and are you guys using hptuners?
Old 04-23-2008, 12:00 AM

Not per se...this will be something you source yourself, but we'll share the details of this mod with our customers. Look under the hood of any non-SC car and you'll see the setup.
Are you talking about swapping the alternator out for a 2.2 one and what not? If so, looks like I'll be gutting the blower housing I have and making a fake supercharger.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:37 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BeermanSSSC
bill, i would really like the piping blue to match the car. just like the joe's and pauls on the website. Thanks. Almost forgot. what gauges would you recommend we have, boost? wideband? interceptor? etc. and are you guys using hptuners?
Sure, we can do that. A slight charge for custom color, but it's not much.

You almost don't need a boost gauge...stock's fine unless you get busy (22+ PSI). Wideband is a great investment. Interceptors are just awesome. HPTuners is good for these, we use it among others...I've spent enough on $oftware to buy a new SS-TC, lol!

Are you talking about swapping the alternator out for a 2.2 one and what not? If so, looks like I'll be gutting the blower housing I have and making a fake supercharger.
Oh gawd, don't lower yourself to that hokiness. I have a much easier path for you. Trust me on this one!

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 04-23-2008 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-23-2008, 12:41 AM

my man i am very interested in the Level 2 or 3. Please give me a quote for the kit for a 2.2!!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:45 AM

Sure, we can do that. A slight charge for custom color, but it's not much.

You almost don't need a boost gauge...stock's fine unless you get busy (22+ PSI). Wideband is a great investment. Interceptors are just awesome. HPTuners is good for these, we use it among others...I've spent enough on $oftware to buy a new SS-TC, lol!

Oh gawd, don't lower yourself to that hokiness. I have a much easier path for you. Trust me on this one!
It's not hokiness, it's called be cheap! I can fab an idler pulley setup or score one from an undisclosed source if necessary. I was just on your site checking the regular pricing and when I started adding stuff up, it might just be better for me to get the Level 4 kit for crying out loud. Arghhh!!!!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 AM

ok i just changed my mind about selling my car. very interested
Old 04-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Former Vendor

It's not hokiness, it's called be cheap! I can fab an idler pulley setup or score one from an undisclosed source if necessary. I was just on your site checking the regular pricing and when I started adding stuff up, it might just be better for me to get the Level 4 kit for crying out loud. Arghhh!!!!
Never fear. What I will share will be affordable. But ya gotta throw down to get it
Old 04-23-2008, 12:50 AM

Never fear. What I will share will be affordable. But ya gotta throw down to get it
Oh, I have the money right now, so that's not really an issue. I just need to make sure I pick up a ring while I'm at it so my girlfriend doesn't hack off my boys!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:51 AM
Former Vendor

Oh, I have the money right now, so that's not really an issue. I just need to make sure I pick up a ring while I'm at it so my girlfriend doesn't hack off my boys!
Hahaha, yeah, you gonna need them once you put the snail on your ride!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:53 AM

qft
Old 04-23-2008, 12:57 AM

Hahaha, yeah, you gonna need them once you put the snail on your ride!
Very true! She knows about the turbo and what I want to do, but she's sort of just avoiding my conversation with her about it because she hates all my vehicles except my Colorado because it's mostly all stock and an automatic. Something about the neck snapping and noise she hates. I just don't get it though because it makes me grin from ear to ear.

Hey another question. If we ran the wastegate vacuum line to the factory boost controller and then back to the wastegate do you think we could use the factory ECU to control the boost in 1st and 2nd with HPTuners just like the stock blower? Just curious if this has been thought of yet.

Last edited by 2K5SS/SC?; 04-23-2008 at 01:31 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:01 PM

Did the test car have the 3 inch catback or the stock exhaust.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:42 PM

Test car had a 3" catback exhaust. Other than that and the turbo kit, she was all stock!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:27 PM
Former Vendor

Hey another question. If we ran the wastegate vacuum line to the factory boost controller and then back to the wastegate do you think we could use the factory ECU to control the boost in 1st and 2nd with HPTuners just like the stock blower? Just curious if this has been thought of yet.
Hmm. Possible. Perhaps we could give that a go. The functionality of the wastegate vs. the stock control valve are reversed, but as the control valve is a 3-way unit (in, com, exh) there may be something there worth trying.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:04 PM

Hmm. Possible. Perhaps we could give that a go. The functionality of the wastegate vs. the stock control valve are reversed, but as the control valve is a 3-way unit (in, com, exh) there may be something there worth trying.
you most likely would have spiking issues saying you leave the controller in the stock postion cause of the length of tube you would need
Old 04-23-2008, 07:13 PM

subscribed

Quick Reply: 2.0 TurboSystem: How would YOU want it?