Hahn RaceCraft Hahn RaceCraft Is a Supporting Vendor of CobaltSS.net
Contacts: EcoBoost ; Hahn Sales

Hahn Racecraft Poor Customer Service! Not Recommended

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hahn Racecraft Poor Customer Service! Not Recommended

I recently purchased a lnf downpipe from Hahns racecraft. I live in Canada but have a U.S mailing address just across the boarder. When placing the order with Hahns I specifically wrote in the U.S address I wanted it ship to on the order form. They got back to me and said that I could not make a payment by credit card (which I initially intended) unless the shipping & billing addresses were the same. I inquired about other methods of payment to work around this. Paypal was the solution. So item is paid for and I notice shipping is about $35 dollars which I thought was high but it did not say where it was being shipped to. So I didn't thinking much of it until i got my ups tracking number and found that the item was being shipped to Canada. Contacted Hahns and told them ups charges brokerage for international plus I will now have to pay duty because they shipped to the wrong address. After emailing back and forth, have never got them to admit they shipped to the wrong location and told me that all other Canadian buyers accept their duty fees and responsibility, completely ignoring the real issue. So know a $160 dollar item has become a $300 item because of their mistake which I will now be paying for. Not happy at all with this company especially after I have purchased numerous other items of theirs through Modern Performance and always been a big supporter of their products. Rant done.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Likely the default address on your paypal is the Canadian one. When the payment went through that's the ship to address they would see.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:08 PM

No I have both addresses on their and selected my U.S one

I rarely ship anything to my actual address

Last edited by chevy_mcneil; 05-16-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-16-2013, 06:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 05-16-2013, 06:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
More like blame ups. My charge pipes weren't that much after duty and tax. It was still around $600 for it after it was all paid for. Don't know why you're getting raped by ups
Old 05-17-2013, 06:11 PM

Yeah I wish I knew it was being shipped by ups, worst company to deal with. Its too bad really, I was looking to buy the Hahns exhaust later as well. All they had to do was offer me even a small credit or something for their mix up. Other than my innercooler I'm running all Hahns so far so I figured they would help out a customer who is willing to support their brand many times over
Old 05-17-2013, 06:12 PM

Looks like zzp takes the win for the future purchases
Old 06-09-2013, 11:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry about your experience but with fraud and address' not matching these days most don't sell to customers unless it their actual mailing/billing matched. I wouldn't let one bad shipping experience ruin the perspective of a company and their product. But yeah ZZP is good too.
Old 05-28-2014, 12:34 PM

Zzp will have an issue with different shipping/billing address as well. Its common practice now a days

Originally Posted by silverSS08
Zzp will have an issue with different shipping/billing address as well. Its common practice now a days
Whoops old thread

Last edited by silverSS08; 05-28-2014 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-30-2016, 07:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by chevy_mcneil
I recently purchased a lnf downpipe from Hahns racecraft. I live in Canada but have a U.S mailing address just across the boarder. When placing the order with Hahns I specifically wrote in the U.S address I wanted it ship to on the order form. They got back to me and said that I could not make a payment by credit card (which I initially intended) unless the shipping & billing addresses were the same. I inquired about other methods of payment to work around this. Paypal was the solution. So item is paid for and I notice shipping is about $35 dollars which I thought was high but it did not say where it was being shipped to. So I didn't thinking much of it until i got my ups tracking number and found that the item was being shipped to Canada. Contacted Hahns and told them ups charges brokerage for international plus I will now have to pay duty because they shipped to the wrong address. After emailing back and forth, have never got them to admit they shipped to the wrong location and told me that all other Canadian buyers accept their duty fees and responsibility, completely ignoring the real issue. So know a $160 dollar item has become a $300 item because of their mistake which I will now be paying for. Not happy at all with this company especially after I have purchased numerous other items of theirs through Modern Performance and always been a big supporter of their products. Rant done.
This just happened to me today. Had to pay the $38 shipping fee plus I had to pay the ups driver $123 for brokerage fees and taxes. Why the **** can't Hahn tell us **** like this? Once again, another problem with an order from them. Usually, it's just their lack of instructions and warnings/precautions but this is lame