How to Guide For step by step “How to” instructions ONLY!

2.0 LSJ Engine: Intake Gasket Repair - Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 04:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Intake Gasket Repair - Help!!

Hey guys back again. So my previous post was discussing how to fix the intake gasket on my car. Quite frankly i'm not comfortable doing this by myself, as I barely have ANY tools, little to no knowledge on the automotive industry, and almost no clue how to do anything besides the basics. I'm having trouble finding my last post and I need some more help and insight as to whats going on. From what I can remember it was this:
Remove supercharger
remove generator
remove fans
remove intake manifold
remove gasket
repeat all steps in instillation order.

This lead me to another problem. I haven't had the car for very long, but I just now noticed my boost gauge is not responding. I can't tell if its just gone bad over time, or if there is no boost running through the car at all. Does anyone know how I could test this? Or could help me fix it?

Now as someone who hasn't worked on major repairs like this (if you want to call it that) this scares the living hell out of me. I need some help. Does anyone know something that could help me? Or better yet, is there anyone in Wisconsin that would be willing to help me out? I need to get this done and I don't want to have to fork out an insane amount of money to get it done.