Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   How to requests and questions (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/how-requests-questions-183/)
-   -   HELP ! - OTTP RSFS How-To (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/how-requests-questions-183/help-ottp-rsfs-how-318098/)

yellowsupercharged06 06-29-2015 12:18 PM

HELP ! - OTTP RSFS How-To

Im looking for a How-To on the OTTP RSFS.

According to Josh he will only send the how-to to someone who directly purchases the kit from him. I bought it second hand (new, never installed) from a member on here.

Well Josh wont give me the instructions so i was hoping that one of you guys who has bought the kit from him can send me his directions so i can get this thing installed.

I have the Walbro 450 pump so any help on that trimming is all appreciated.

thanks in advance everyone ... hopefully someone can help me out.

riceburner 06-29-2015 12:52 PM

Lol. That's dumb. I just sent him an email since i bought one. I'll copy you in it if i get a reply!

Staged07SS 06-29-2015 01:00 PM

I agree with Rice... def kinda stupid that he wont help u out.

Josh@ottp 06-29-2015 01:06 PM

I said I would only send it to someone that's a confirmed purchase. I need to know who it was bought from. I never said I wouldn't send it.

My problem is that I have been giving out all kinds of info and help through multiple forms of communication to people and then I see them go to ebay to buy the part or I find out I'm helping them with parts they bought from another vendor because they wouldn't answer the phone. My time and knowledge is worth money.

Staged07SS 06-29-2015 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Josh@ottp (Post 7543192)
I said I would only send it to someone that's a confirmed purchase. I need to know who it was bought from. I never said I wouldn't send it.

My problem is that I have been giving out all kinds of info and help through multiple forms of communication to people and then I see them go to ebay to buy the part or I find out I'm helping them with parts they bought from another vendor because they wouldn't answer the phone. My time and knowledge is worth money.

Ok, that's better. I see where ur coming from Josh.

yellowsupercharged06 06-29-2015 01:21 PM

thanks rice .. i appreciate it !!!

Josh i told you i would send you w.e information you wanted from me .. i can only give you what i have. If you dont want to send it to me thats fine, which is why i came here for it.

I have spent countless amounts of money with your company i would appreciate some courtesy that's all.

I could understand if i was some Joe Blow asking thats one thing ... but I have been a loyal customer of yours for many years and 90% of the parts on my car are from you so im not some random person asking for this.

riceburner 06-29-2015 01:39 PM

Ah i understand Josh. I thought you just had the info laying around.

Either way i am a confirmed purchase and I as well could DEFINATELY use some info on installing. :)

yellowsupercharged06 06-30-2015 09:31 AM

if anyone else has any insight please share

ebristol 07-01-2015 10:03 AM

OTTP doesn't have official install instructions for this kit.

Here is what I have on the RSFS when I installed it on my car.

Guess who's back, back again... - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

It seem intimidating but it's really not.

Staged07SS 07-01-2015 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by ebristol (Post 7543822)
OTTP doesn't have official install instructions for this kit.

Here is what I have on the RSFS when I installed it on my car.

Guess who's back, back again... - Saturn ION RedLine Forums

It seem intimidating but it's really not.

Good to see you're still around man. I havent visted the redline forums in a while.

Need to check in one of these days.

yellowsupercharged06 07-01-2015 10:41 AM

Ebristol you are the Mannn!!! thank you so much this gives me some kind of visual on the whole thing.

If anyone has any extra info please keep it coming.

On a side note, OTTP's new kit attaches the regulator to the fuel rail eliminating the bracket and small line ... im guna mount mine like above so i can change my oil

ebristol 07-01-2015 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS (Post 7543833)
Good to see you're still around man. I havent visted the redline forums in a while.

Need to check in one of these days.

I went a way for a while but I'm back. It's pretty quite over there. Not much different then most internet forums.

Originally Posted by yellowsupercharged06 (Post 7543842)
Ebristol you are the Mannn!!! thank you so much this gives me some kind of visual on the whole thing.

If anyone has any extra info please keep it coming.

On a side note, OTTP's new kit attaches the regulator to the fuel rail eliminating the bracket and small line ... im guna mount mine like above so i can change my oil

No problem. I had someone go out of their way to help me with my RSFS install so the least I can do is share what I have with others.

Bass_Waves 07-02-2015 11:52 AM

Post a picture of said items. If I can tell it's ottp I can guide you how to install it. I did the install of the walbro 450 pump and ottp return style with the steel braided line. Let me know.

Blairwolf 07-02-2015 12:08 PM

I can also help out on this, just did mine last year. It may seem bad but it's pretty easy once you get into it. I didn't need to do any trimming to make my pump fit tho. Went with an AEM pump.

yellowsupercharged06 07-02-2015 01:21 PM

ill take pics of everything when i get home today ... its the stuff he has posted on his site under the RSFS :Return Style Fuel System For LSJ

the pic on the site is missing a few pieces though ill take pics of everything i have.

Thanks guys !! appreciate the feedback.

riceburner 07-17-2015 10:36 AM

Any more info on this? Did you install yet? I'm going to be installing mine next week fingers crossed and still have nothing from Josh. What pump did you go with? to me the pump install is the most important thing.

edit: nm you got walbro 450. i got the aem 320. still not sure how that mounts either way haha

yellowsupercharged06 07-17-2015 10:52 AM

nope i havent had time to do it yet.

That link above for the ion redline page is a great how to. I would read through that part. I have the 450 pump which is a PIA I hear to put in. the 320 is a little easier of an install.

I will be tackling this next weekend hopefully if everything pans out accordingly.

I did buy a spare OEM AC Delco Fuel pump / canister though so I can wire the pump and install it before I drop the tank.

riceburner 07-17-2015 10:59 AM

oh yeahh i got the short wiring harness too so i gotta figure that out; shouldn't be too bad but yea

yellowsupercharged06 07-17-2015 01:08 PM

yeah ill take pics if i remember and throw them up here for ya.

i got ur # now so i can even text them to ya ;) :lol:

riceburner 07-17-2015 02:41 PM

please do! post in here as well!