Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
01-07-19 Its gonna be a long week Monday workchat >

01-07-19 Its gonna be a long week Monday workchat

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

01-07-19 Its gonna be a long week Monday workchat

Old 01-07-2019, 07:58 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
royce777's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-08
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 8,372
Thanked 122 Times in 102 Posts
01-07-19 Its gonna be a long week Monday workchat

Back to a full week of work
royce777 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 08:28 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,334
Thanked 373 Times in 330 Posts
cobalt went into engine power reduce mode this morning twice, strongly considering selling the bitch now.

Although it went there because of a P0221 code, so I get to chase wiring from my ecu to the throttle body and maybe buy a new throttle body, such excite!
ECaulk is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 08:57 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
royce777's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-08
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 8,372
Thanked 122 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
cobalt went into engine power reduce mode this morning twice, strongly considering selling the bitch now.

Although it went there because of a P0221 code, so I get to chase wiring from my ecu to the throttle body and maybe buy a new throttle body, such excite!
I do not miss having a daily that needed work lol
royce777 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 09:12 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,334
Thanked 373 Times in 330 Posts
Originally Posted by royce777 View Post
I do not miss having a daily that needed work lol
It's honestly been good for the last couple years, just oil changes and brakes. Just pissed me off because it was right in the middle of traffic and when I needed boost, had to wait a bit to kill it and restart to get it out of pwr red mode. Nothing like shutting your car off at 70mph and restarting it maybe thats why I have yet to get the recall done. I could still steer, didn't try my brakes though.
ECaulk is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 09:16 AM
  #5  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
Slowbalt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 24,410
Thanked 302 Times in 277 Posts
5 days of work all in one week, ugh.
Slowbalt2000 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 09:43 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,316
Thanked 148 Times in 135 Posts
I am not a fan of being back on full 5 day work weeks... Its only Monday and I already hate it.
Kolt is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:00 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Almost made it one full hour without any office drama.

9:59 AM and it begins.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:04 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,344
Thanked 137 Times in 133 Posts
Both CM and Exedy have agreed to me sending in my clutch and flywheel for analyzing. It will probably just turn out to be a waste of money for shipping but hopefully will gain some insight into what went wrong.
jdbaugh1 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:04 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
exninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-09
Location: AZ
Posts: 4,562
Thanked 174 Times in 155 Posts
booo work
exninja is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:05 AM
  #10  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-18-14
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 14,824
Thanked 435 Times in 409 Posts
In
Snail_SS is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:25 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
It's honestly been good for the last couple years, just oil changes and brakes. Just pissed me off because it was right in the middle of traffic and when I needed boost, had to wait a bit to kill it and restart to get it out of pwr red mode. Nothing like shutting your car off at 70mph and restarting it maybe thats why I have yet to get the recall done. I could still steer, didn't try my brakes though.
My car sounds like a POS Honda riceburner when it's in the boost thanks to the broken weld between the catback pipe and muffler.

Gonna try either one of the welders here at work, or one of those exhaust wraps LOL
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:37 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
ProfDNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-31-16
Location: Frozen Wasteland of the North
Posts: 1,927
Thanked 90 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 View Post
Both CM and Exedy have agreed to me sending in my clutch and flywheel for analyzing. It will probably just turn out to be a waste of money for shipping but hopefully will gain some insight into what went wrong.
They already agreed to full warranty replacement right?
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
My car sounds like a POS Honda riceburner when it's in the boost thanks to the broken weld between the catback pipe and muffler.

Gonna try either one of the welders here at work, or one of those exhaust wraps LOL
Go full rice (possibly abandon the site?) and use the exhaust tape.

ProfDNS is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:42 AM
  #13  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,334
Thanked 373 Times in 330 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
My car sounds like a POS Honda riceburner when it's in the boost thanks to the broken weld between the catback pipe and muffler.

Gonna try either one of the welders here at work, or one of those exhaust wraps LOL
not sure how long the exhaust wrap stuff would work for that
ECaulk is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 10:42 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
exninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-09
Location: AZ
Posts: 4,562
Thanked 174 Times in 155 Posts
Originally Posted by ProfDNS View Post
Go full rice (possibly abandon the site?) and use the exhaust tape.
Took me a second but I got it lol
exninja is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 AM
  #15  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
not sure how long the exhaust wrap stuff would work for that
I was thinking of using quicksteel and then wrapping over that. There's a welder here but idk what kind it is. Never welded anything before.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:25 AM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,316
Thanked 148 Times in 135 Posts
Kolt is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:32 AM
  #17  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,334
Thanked 373 Times in 330 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
I was thinking of using quicksteel and then wrapping over that. There's a welder here but idk what kind it is. Never welded anything before.
They make some type of exhaust seal wrap stuff. Bored at a parts store waiting for the lines to go down was looking at all the stuff they had, never used it but there wasn't layers of dust on it so I'm assuming people keep using it.
ECaulk is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 11:45 AM
  #18  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
I guess it works pretty good.

Next option is a replacement muffler from ZZP but if I can save the money I'm all for it.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 12:09 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 22 Times in 20 Posts
Me leaving work (skip to :37):


*edit* WTF EMBED WONT START AT CERTAIN TIME JUNK
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 12:33 PM
  #20  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,344
Thanked 137 Times in 133 Posts
Originally Posted by ProfDNS View Post
They already agreed to full warranty replacement right?
No. Clutchmasters said there were no "red flags" that they could see in the pictures and would need them for evaluation before they could make any kind of determination. Exedy basically told me that they are confident there was nothing wrong with the flywheel but I asked them if they would evaluate it anyway. It's worthless at this point anyway so the only thing I am out is shipping. cost.
jdbaugh1 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 02:37 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,344
Thanked 137 Times in 133 Posts
Everyone busy today?
jdbaugh1 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 02:42 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
royce777's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-08
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 8,372
Thanked 122 Times in 102 Posts
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 View Post
Everyone busy today?
everyone is sleeping cause its monday
royce777 is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 02:54 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
ProfDNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-31-16
Location: Frozen Wasteland of the North
Posts: 1,927
Thanked 90 Times in 82 Posts
Originally Posted by exninja View Post
Took me a second but I got it lol
Seems like you're the only one to get it lol
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 View Post
No. Clutchmasters said there were no "red flags" that they could see in the pictures and would need them for evaluation before they could make any kind of determination. Exedy basically told me that they are confident there was nothing wrong with the flywheel but I asked them if they would evaluate it anyway. It's worthless at this point anyway so the only thing I am out is shipping. cost.
Shipping cost and time. Hopefully it works out in your favour. This to me screams bad metallurgy even though the surface was legit.
ProfDNS is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 03:15 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,316
Thanked 148 Times in 135 Posts
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 View Post
Everyone busy today?
Very, our system was down for three days so work got backed up.
Originally Posted by ProfDNS View Post
Seems like you're the only one to get it lol
Took me a sec but I got it too.
Kolt is offline  
Old 01-07-2019, 03:26 PM
  #25  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
Slowbalt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 24,410
Thanked 302 Times in 277 Posts
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 View Post
Both CM and Exedy have agreed to me sending in my clutch and flywheel for analyzing. It will probably just turn out to be a waste of money for shipping but hopefully will gain some insight into what went wrong.
Once you send them the parts, all the evidence of bad parts is erased and their liability is gone.
Slowbalt2000 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 01-07-19 Its gonna be a long week Monday workchat


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.