02-12-19 Train Tuesday Workchat - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
02-12-19 Train Tuesday Workchat >

02-12-19 Train Tuesday Workchat

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

02-12-19 Train Tuesday Workchat

Old 02-12-2019, 09:16 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
royce777's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-08
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 8,302
Thanked 121 Times in 101 Posts
02-12-19 Train Tuesday Workchat

Train was stopped on the tracks. Not a good morning so far
royce777 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 09:31 AM
  #2  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
Slowbalt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 24,210
Thanked 289 Times in 264 Posts
Frozen rain/ snowy mix here. People really should just stay home so i dont have to go 35 in a 55.
Slowbalt2000 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 09:38 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,186
Thanked 129 Times in 125 Posts
47F today and 65F tomorrow, then snow and high of 27F on Friday here
jdbaugh1 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:05 AM
  #4  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,254
Thanked 371 Times in 328 Posts
In, damn chilly in Vancouver and here i thought it was supposed to be nice weather all the time in Vancouver.
ECaulk is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:30 AM
  #5  
New Member
 
Join Date: 09-23-16
Location: MI
Posts: 138
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
55 mile commute on I-94 this AM, was good as long as you stay in the two-tracks. Cruised the left lane 54 mph all the way; only heart stops are the slush chunks thrown up by the opposing traffic, SLAM!
steelmesh is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:34 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,200
Thanked 132 Times in 122 Posts
Been raining for almost two days now. Thank god I fixed my roof leak lol.
Kolt is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:41 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,254
Thanked 371 Times in 328 Posts
Originally Posted by steelmesh View Post
55 mile commute on I-94 this AM, was good as long as you stay in the two-tracks. Cruised the left lane 54 mph all the way; only heart stops are the slush chunks thrown up by the opposing traffic, SLAM!
Slush from oncoming traffic is the worst
ECaulk is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:10 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,753
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by ECaulk View Post
Slush from oncoming traffic is the worst
I hit what I thought was a puddle on my road going about 45 mph last week. The water was way deeper than I thought and splashed up onto my entire windshield and immediately froze. Couldn't see a thing.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 11:32 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,254
Thanked 371 Times in 328 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
I hit what I thought was a puddle on my road going about 45 mph last week. The water was way deeper than I thought and splashed up onto my entire windshield and immediately froze. Couldn't see a thing.
Damn, **** that.
ECaulk is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:04 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
ProfDNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-31-16
Location: Frozen Wasteland of the North
Posts: 1,802
Thanked 83 Times in 75 Posts
BS weather here too. I'm tired of winter.
ProfDNS is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:48 PM
  #11  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
Slowbalt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 24,210
Thanked 289 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by steelmesh View Post
55 mile commute on I-94 this AM, was good as long as you stay in the two-tracks. Cruised the left lane 54 mph all the way; only heart stops are the slush chunks thrown up by the opposing traffic, SLAM!
I feel that.
Slowbalt2000 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:56 PM
  #12  
New Member
 
Join Date: 09-23-16
Location: MI
Posts: 138
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
I hit what I thought was a puddle on my road going about 45 mph last week. The water was way deeper than I thought and splashed up onto my entire windshield and immediately froze. Couldn't see a thing.
steelmesh is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:58 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,753
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
My bank is starting to **** me off.

Deposited a cashier's check from BofA, amount posts. I transfer this amount to a money market.

All of a sudden my account goes negative. Contacted them and they were like "yeah the check was flagged as a doubtful payer."

I go, so let me get this straight, you don't think Bank of America, with over 700 million in cash on their balance sheet, has the funds to cover this check, so you revoked the deposit?

Rep hangs up.

Any excuse for them to collect a fee.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:43 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,200
Thanked 132 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
My bank is starting to **** me off.

Deposited a cashier's check from BofA, amount posts. I transfer this amount to a money market.

All of a sudden my account goes negative. Contacted them and they were like "yeah the check was flagged as a doubtful payer."

I go, so let me get this straight, you don't think Bank of America, with over 700 million in cash on their balance sheet, has the funds to cover this check, so you revoked the deposit?

Rep hangs up.

Any excuse for them to collect a fee.
Id be up there raising hell till I got my money back and the fee dropped asap. No excuse for a cashiers check to get rejected.
Kolt is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 04:47 PM
  #15  
Super Moderator
Platinum Member
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: 09-29-06
Location: Land of Freedom
Posts: 23,034
Thanked 150 Times in 121 Posts
Lowered SUV made it to work no problem. Should send a bill to the town for helping plow.
07MetallicSC is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:17 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,753
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Kolt View Post
Id be up there raising hell till I got my money back and the fee dropped asap. No excuse for a cashiers check to get rejected.
I sent myself a copy of the chat transcript. Gonna cost me like 2 dollars a day in interest. I'm gonna contact them again but will prob just say **** it and pay it since it's not worth my time to argue with them lol. Scumbag move on their part though for sure.

They dicked me over before, I signed up for their CC and transferred a balance from my other one. Paid all statements by the due date, statement balance paid in full, STILL charged interest. "Oh yeah interest accrues on day 1 of the balance transfer even if u pay in full."

chris88z24 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:28 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,200
Thanked 132 Times in 122 Posts
Walk in, tell them they are gonna either cover the charges or cancel your account. I would get out of there, one thing you should be able to trust is your bank. Mine has taken care of me on many occasions and cut me loan deals no one else could beat. That's how a bank should treat you.
Kolt is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 05:33 PM
  #18  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
Slowbalt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 24,210
Thanked 289 Times in 264 Posts
Originally Posted by Kolt View Post
Walk in, tell them they are gonna either cover the charges or cancel your account. I would get out of there, one thing you should be able to trust is your bank. Mine has taken care of me on many occasions and cut me loan deals no one else could beat. That's how a bank should treat you.
This, switch.
Slowbalt2000 is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 07:23 PM
  #19  
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 06-13-12
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,118
Thanked 262 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
Lowered SUV made it to work no problem. Should send a bill to the town for helping plow.
I feel ya rolling in a lowered Saab 9-3 with a low hanging aero spoiler on the front.
63 Nova SS is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 08:02 PM
  #20  
Super Moderator
Platinum Member
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: 09-29-06
Location: Land of Freedom
Posts: 23,034
Thanked 150 Times in 121 Posts
Only time im ever worried is you get those people that plow out their drive way and push it across the street and it leaves two marks where the snow fell off either side of their plow, and then the dreded end of the driveway where the plow trucks make a mountain of hard compacted snow. i always worry about my radiator hitting those
07MetallicSC is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 10:24 PM
  #21  
New Member
 
Join Date: 01-12-19
Location: Boyertown pa
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
A high of 35 degrees, filled with rain and sleet all dang day. Wasn't even worth going into work today
C0balts5 is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 12:32 PM
  #22  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-23-09
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 2,413
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Hey Kolt thanks so much for that wiring/connector info. Hopefully I can look into a bit more and get everything ordered so i can finally get it wired up. I owe you!

Edit - Forgot it's now Wednesday. Long week.
heeter_33 is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 12:47 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,200
Thanked 132 Times in 122 Posts
Originally Posted by heeter_33 View Post
Hey Kolt thanks so much for that wiring/connector info. Hopefully I can look into a bit more and get everything ordered so i can finally get it wired up. I owe you!

Edit - Forgot it's now Wednesday. Long week.

Your welcome. If you have any other questions I'm here. And yea your def bad on days. One thing I could ask of you is do you have any ford fe big block stuff, mainly for a 390. Or know of someone that may.
Kolt is offline  
Old 02-13-2019, 01:49 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-23-09
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 2,413
Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Kolt View Post
Your welcome. If you have any other questions I'm here. And yea your def bad on days. One thing I could ask of you is do you have any ford fe big block stuff, mainly for a 390. Or know of someone that may.
Ill keep my eyes peeled. They were in quite a few grain trucks around here so i'll pay more attention.
heeter_33 is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
royce777
The Lounge
27
07-09-2018 04:50 PM
royce777
The Lounge
17
09-01-2017 03:40 PM
riceburner
The Lounge
135
04-17-2013 03:27 AM
redlineblueline
Pictures & Videos
7
09-08-2006 04:31 AM
ajent
Pictures & Videos
22
02-28-2006 02:08 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 02-12-19 Train Tuesday Workchat


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.