09-12-17 Tired Tuesday Workchat - Cobalt SS Network



The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2017, 08:15 AM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: 06-28-08
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 6,825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 68 Times in 60 Posts
09-12-17 Tired Tuesday Workchat

Had to hit snooze three times today, made the rest of my morning fun
royce777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: 12-20-09
Location: Elizabethville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,250
Thanked 97 Times in 84 Posts
haha i did the same thing except only one hit of the snooze button lol. then its like a race against time to get ready and get to work lol
hawkssoccer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:36 AM   #3
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-18-14
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 12,271
Thanked 347 Times in 327 Posts
I man up and didn't press the button but still took another 5 minute nap lol those are dangerous if you don't wake up haha
Snail_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:59 AM   #4
Senior Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: 12-20-09
Location: Elizabethville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,250
Thanked 97 Times in 84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail_SS View Post
I man up and didn't press the button but still took another 5 minute nap lol those are dangerous if you don't wake up haha
yes they are hahaha. happened to me a couple times where i wake up 30-40 min later
hawkssoccer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:06 AM   #5
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-18-14
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 12,271
Thanked 347 Times in 327 Posts
same here
Snail_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:08 AM   #6
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 17,836
Thanked 260 Times in 229 Posts
I can't hit the snooze, the alarm goes off, my feet have to hit the floor or I'll likely be back asleep for hours
ECaulk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
07blackg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-07
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,133
Thanked 80 Times in 69 Posts
waiting for car parts is stupid
07blackg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
exninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-09
Location: AZ
Posts: 2,285
Thanked 81 Times in 75 Posts
In

Boys woke me up 10 min before the alarm went off, then they laid back down and i moved my alarm ahead 20 minutes. I'm going to be very productive today.
exninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:02 AM   #9
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 01-30-13
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,338
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
Just chilling, waiting for a tow truck...
double clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:03 AM   #10
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-18-14
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 12,271
Thanked 347 Times in 327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by double clutch View Post
Just chilling, waiting for a tow truck...
What happened?
Snail_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:13 AM   #11
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 01-30-13
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,338
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
Valve train problems
double clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:16 AM   #12
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,583
Thanked 51 Times in 48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07blackg5 View Post
waiting for car parts is stupid
Needing damn car parts can set you back a week or weeks at a time. It's so frustrating. The worst is when you have everything ready to go back together and some part breaks or you end up needing something you overlooked and it stops progress until it arrives.
jdbaugh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:18 AM   #13
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-18-14
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 12,271
Thanked 347 Times in 327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by double clutch View Post
Valve train problems
With the balt?
Snail_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #14
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 17,836
Thanked 260 Times in 229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by double clutch View Post
Valve train problems
That's no bueno
ECaulk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:29 AM   #15
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
07blackg5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-07
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,133
Thanked 80 Times in 69 Posts
my car put down numbers that butthurt me a bit this weekend. The way the powerband fell off up top compared to last time makes us think the exhaust lifters are getting tired. they have gotten noisier the past few months so its feasible. Compression was rock solid across the board and everything else logged fine.

So I'm sitting here waiting for replacements, and hoping that they pep the car back up a bit. I might have to make this a regular maintenance item once a year. Bigish cams, bigish boost, and highish rpm aren't nice too them.

lol it could be any number of things, but I'm going to keep telling myself this is the issue and hope for the best
07blackg5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 11:44 AM   #16
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,583
Thanked 51 Times in 48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07blackg5 View Post
my car put down numbers that butthurt me a bit this weekend. The way the powerband fell off up top compared to last time makes us think the exhaust lifters are getting tired. they have gotten noisier the past few months so its feasible. Compression was rock solid across the board and everything else logged fine.

So I'm sitting here waiting for replacements, and hoping that they pep the car back up a bit. I might have to make this a regular maintenance item once a year. Bigish cams, bigish boost, and highish rpm aren't nice too them.

lol it could be any number of things, but I'm going to keep telling myself this is the issue and hope for the best
So the lash adjusters wear somehow? Or what happens to them?
jdbaugh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:08 PM   #17
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 01-30-13
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,338
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
No tow trucks will take my car. My "turbo lines" are too low. They literally drove by, and called me to say that. Idiots
double clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: New York
Posts: 13,283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
FURIOUS right now.

Replaced the steering shaft Dorman sent to me under warranty. This new part rattles something fierce! Huge POS. Literally the one time I decide not to use AC Delco parts. Never again. Dorman's lugnuts are also trash. **** Dorman.

Going straight home (WOT), ripping this POS shaft out, baseball pitching it into the woods behind my house, and putting the old shaft back in. The front end rattle/clunk must be either a bad motor mount or the steering column since it still clunks and happens when shifting sometimes. Replacing the shaft didn't do ****, but I figured since Dorman was sending me a new one (the original one I installed they recalled, hence the replacement) I might as well replace it. NOPE.
chris88z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:00 PM   #19
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
Join Date: 06-28-08
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 6,825
Thanks: 0
Thanked 68 Times in 60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
FURIOUS right now.

Replaced the steering shaft Dorman sent to me under warranty. This new part rattles something fierce! Huge POS. Literally the one time I decide not to use AC Delco parts. Never again. Dorman's lugnuts are also trash. **** Dorman.

Going straight home (WOT), ripping this POS shaft out, baseball pitching it into the woods behind my house, and putting the old shaft back in. The front end rattle/clunk must be either a bad motor mount or the steering column since it still clunks and happens when shifting sometimes. Replacing the shaft didn't do ****, but I figured since Dorman was sending me a new one (the original one I installed they recalled, hence the replacement) I might as well replace it. NOPE.
How did you get a replacement under warranty? Where did you buy it from?
royce777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:03 PM   #20
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 01-30-13
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,338
Thanked 109 Times in 90 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
FURIOUS right now.

Replaced the steering shaft Dorman sent to me under warranty. This new part rattles something fierce! Huge POS. Literally the one time I decide not to use AC Delco parts. Never again. Dorman's lugnuts are also trash. **** Dorman.

Going straight home (WOT), ripping this POS shaft out, baseball pitching it into the woods behind my house, and putting the old shaft back in. The front end rattle/clunk must be either a bad motor mount or the steering column since it still clunks and happens when shifting sometimes. Replacing the shaft didn't do ****, but I figured since Dorman was sending me a new one (the original one I installed they recalled, hence the replacement) I might as well replace it. NOPE.
It could also be the bushings in the rack.
double clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:06 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: New York
Posts: 13,283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by royce777 View Post
How did you get a replacement under warranty? Where did you buy it from?
I think Amazon sent it to me, can't remember. I've had it sitting on my workbench in the garage for over a year. LOL
chris88z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: New York
Posts: 13,283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by double clutch View Post
It could also be the bushings in the rack.
I gotta give it a once-over when I do my pre-winter maintenance. I have to get it inspected at the dealer tomorrow but I'm not about to pay $ 110 diag. fee for a tech to tell me what I already know.
chris88z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 01:15 PM   #23
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-18-14
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 12,271
Thanked 347 Times in 327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by double clutch View Post
No tow trucks will take my car. My "turbo lines" are too low. They literally drove by, and called me to say that. Idiots
Lol what turbo lines?
Snail_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:27 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: New York
Posts: 13,283
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
I'm honestly probably going to get a WRX. GM has been churning out nothing but overpriced trash since the bailout and I can find no better new year-round daily driver for under 30k.
chris88z24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:35 PM   #25
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 17,836
Thanked 260 Times in 229 Posts
I'm just gonna keep on sending it

No need for a new car, Cobalt still runs
ECaulk is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 AM.