The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

12-6-18 Thursday Workchat

Old 12-06-2018, 07:44 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (29)
 
royce777's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-28-08
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 8,506
Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
12-6-18 Thursday Workchat

Almost the weekend!
royce777 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:48 AM
  #2  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,575
Received 153 Likes on 149 Posts
feels like today should be friday
jdbaugh1 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 07:48 AM
  #3  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
Slowbalt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 24,813
Received 324 Likes on 297 Posts
Goodnight
Slowbalt2000 is online now  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:15 AM
  #4  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 04-18-14
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 14,991
Received 444 Likes on 418 Posts
Feels like I should be asleep right now
Snail_SS is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:17 AM
  #5  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,518
Received 381 Likes on 338 Posts
I feel the same.
ECaulk is online now  
Old 12-06-2018, 08:32 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 06-12-12
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,246
Received 277 Likes on 262 Posts
Gonna get a whopping 1" of snow today!
63 Nova SS is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 09:02 AM
  #7  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,518
Received 381 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS View Post
Gonna get a whopping 1" of snow today!
Everything will be closing
ECaulk is online now  
Old 12-06-2018, 09:46 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Kolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-09
Location: Jackson, TN
Posts: 3,682
Received 189 Likes on 171 Posts
In, its super sunny here and nice but its cold. Should have brought the ss to work, need to change the oil before she sits till spring. I know I could do it at home but don't judge, im lazy and I know it.
Kolt is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 10:43 AM
  #9  
Moderator
Platinum Member
Moderator
iTrader: (1)
 
Slowbalt2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 24,813
Received 324 Likes on 297 Posts
Originally Posted by Snail_SS View Post
Feels like I should be asleep right now
all the time
Slowbalt2000 is online now  
Old 12-06-2018, 11:07 AM
  #10  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
exninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-20-09
Location: AZ
Posts: 4,713
Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts
Originally Posted by Kolt View Post
In, its super sunny here and nice but its cold. Should have brought the ss to work, need to change the oil before she sits till spring. I know I could do it at home but don't judge, im lazy and I know it.
Uhh, I'd judge you if you had access to a lift but chose to do it at home instead.
exninja is online now  
Old 12-06-2018, 11:35 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: 06-12-12
Location: Indiana
Posts: 5,246
Received 277 Likes on 262 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS
Gonna get a whopping 1" of snow today!
Originally Posted by ECaulk
Everything will be closing
Nah, if we were in a southern state maybe. We get several snows a year. That's why I'm looking to a awd daily now that I don't have a truck anymore. Not uncommon to get a few that put down 6-8 inches along with drifting, every winter. The worst is freezing rain. Noting drives well in that skating rink. Already had 1 of those.
63 Nova SS is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 11:54 AM
  #12  
Senior Member
 
ProfDNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-31-16
Location: Frozen Wasteland of the North
Posts: 2,109
Received 102 Likes on 94 Posts
I'm still kicking, I've been pretty damn sick the last week, with no signs of letting up.
ProfDNS is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:02 PM
  #13  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,825
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Printer in my office **** the bed - printing lines of yellow and green across the page.

Told my boss and he goes "have you Googled the problem? Is it out of ink?"

Yeah it's out of ink even though it's shitting ink all over the page. I'm not doing a print head service on this piece of **** mid-2000's printer that the company got for free - mainly because I have better things to do with company time instead of playing printer repairman.

So I hand wrote the check, because apparently there aren't any other printers in this office that I can use.

Is it Friday yet?
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:14 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 07-19-10
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 22,518
Received 381 Likes on 338 Posts
Originally Posted by 63 Nova SS View Post
Nah, if we were in a southern state maybe. We get several snows a year. That's why I'm looking to a awd daily now that I don't have a truck anymore. Not uncommon to get a few that put down 6-8 inches along with drifting, every winter. The worst is freezing rain. Noting drives well in that skating rink. Already had 1 of those.
Chains or studs for ice, otherwise good luck.
ECaulk is online now  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:19 PM
  #15  
N*gga Kevin
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Location: Lochbuie, Colorado
Posts: 12,975
Received 159 Likes on 126 Posts
snowing here.
leemanfor is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:29 PM
  #16  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,575
Received 153 Likes on 149 Posts
My Cobalt is sitting in the garage with the front end up in the air on jack stands waiting on me to quit procrastinating. I need to drop the transmission but am waiting on oil analysis results to get back just in case I end up needing to drop the cradle anyway.
jdbaugh1 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:41 PM
  #17  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,825
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 View Post
My Cobalt is sitting in the garage with the front end up in the air on jack stands waiting on me to quit procrastinating. I need to drop the transmission but am waiting on oil analysis results to get back just in case I end up needing to drop the cradle anyway.
Is it even possible to remove the trans without dropping the cradle? I don't think it is.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:50 PM
  #18  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,575
Received 153 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
Is it even possible to remove the trans without dropping the cradle? I don't think it is.
I mean the whole cradle, engine and all.
jdbaugh1 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:51 PM
  #19  
N*gga Kevin
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Location: Lochbuie, Colorado
Posts: 12,975
Received 159 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by chris88z24 View Post
Is it even possible to remove the trans without dropping the cradle? I don't think it is.
I dont think it is. You might be able to wiggle it out by the driver wheel well but even then I dont think it fits.
leemanfor is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:52 PM
  #20  
N*gga Kevin
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Location: Lochbuie, Colorado
Posts: 12,975
Received 159 Likes on 126 Posts
JD do you miss HGT calling you out all the time
leemanfor is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 12:57 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-12-10
Location: Greater Denver Area, Colorado
Posts: 2,444
Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by exninja View Post
Uhh, I'd judge you if you had access to a lift but chose to do it at home instead.
This.
I just changed the oil on two of our vdubs last weekend in my garage and it was way too cold as well!!
colodude18 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:00 PM
  #22  
N*gga Kevin
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Location: Lochbuie, Colorado
Posts: 12,975
Received 159 Likes on 126 Posts
I want a quickjack. I may buy one for when we do Ecaulks engine.
leemanfor is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:04 PM
  #23  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-03-16
Location: Kansas
Posts: 4,575
Received 153 Likes on 149 Posts
Originally Posted by leemanfor View Post
JD do you miss HGT calling you out all the time
He didn't really call me out more like start arguing with me about some stupid specific detail that was mostly irrelevant to the whole discussion. Then he would flip it around to make it sound like I'm the one that started a meaningless argument when I was only defending my original position. Usually ended with Slowbalt coming in and deleting all the comments that made him look like a jackass.

I just recently had an argument with someone on facebook who reminded me of him about using the oil viscosity the manufacturer calls for, that heavier oil isn't always better. This guy boasted his credentials as an engineer, his dad did it for 18 years, and he built an Audi with 350hp so that was his proof that it is better to run 10w-60 in all the things.
jdbaugh1 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:07 PM
  #24  
Senior Member
 
chris88z24's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-07
Location: In the garage patching rust holes
Posts: 13,825
Likes: 0
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by leemanfor View Post
I want a quickjack. I may buy one for when we do Ecaulks engine.
Totally buying one of these someday. Just not sure how safe I'd feel crawling under one.

Getting tired of using a jack, then placing stands.
chris88z24 is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 01:08 PM
  #25  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: 01-10-11
Posts: 3,891
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jdbaugh1 View Post
He didn't really call me out more like start arguing with me about some stupid specific detail that was mostly irrelevant to the whole discussion. Then he would flip it around to make it sound like I'm the one that started a meaningless argument when I was only defending my original position. Usually ended with Slowbalt coming in and deleting all the comments that made him look like a jackass.

I just recently had an argument with someone on facebook who reminded me of him about using the oil viscosity the manufacturer calls for, that heavier oil isn't always better. This guy boasted his credentials as an engineer, his dad did it for 18 years, and he built an Audi with 350hp so that was his proof that it is better to run 10w-60 in all the things.
MeThAnOl iS nOt A fUeL sOuRcE
armcclure is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12-6-18 Thursday Workchat


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.