The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.
View Poll Results: Which one?
EVO
75.56%
STI
24.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

2008 EVO or 2008 STI

Old 07-08-2007, 12:32 AM
p7x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
2008 EVO or 2008 STI

simple vote and post why.

2008 EVO

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X
Price est $32,000
Curb weight est 3500 lb
Engine & Drivetrain alum. block & head, turbo inline-4 Valves 4-valves/cyl
Displacement 1998 cc
Horsepower est 300 bhp @ 7000 rpm
Torque 325 lb-ft @ 3000 rpm
Transmission 6-speed semiautomatic
Performance
0–60 mph est 4.5 sec
0–1320 ft (¼ mile) est 12.5 sec

2008 STI

Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Price est $35,000
Curb weight est 3300 lb
Engine & Drivetrain alum. block & heads, turbo flat-4 Valves 4-valves/cyl
Displacement 2457 cc
Horsepower est 320 bhp @ 6000 rpm
Torque 320 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Transmission 6-speed manual
0–60 mph est 4.5 sec
0–1320 ft (¼ mile) est 12.5 sec

which one would u buy

Last edited by p7x; 07-08-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:41 AM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
2008 evo...b/c the new sti is fugly
Old 07-08-2007, 12:44 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimmys2007CobaltSS/C View Post
2008 evo...b/c the new sti is fugly

Well Said.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:44 AM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EVO all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:45 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Evo... the new WRX/STi looks like a granny car. It reminds me of a camry with a hood scoop.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:46 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
STI cause it will kick the evos ass in a race lol. plus look closely the sti is taped off so you cant tell what its going to look like. remember these are spy shots. the evo isnt tapped off

either way they both messed up. the evo has a short hood and a big ass it looks to long

Last edited by fbaero10; 07-08-2007 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Im not a hatchback fan
Old 07-08-2007, 12:49 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I would go with the STI, sure its a little ugly but STIs have always looked a little off and Subaru's always have a great exhaust sound and i think they build better motors
Old 07-08-2007, 12:56 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Niether, I think they are both BUTT UGLY! The STi looks like a Focus, and the EVO looks like a Mazda. For that kind of money I would buy the new Camaro.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:57 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i agree on the mazda thats what i thought. its crazy
Old 07-08-2007, 01:00 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've always been a fan of the STI and hatchbacks, if it wasn't for the fact that there weren't any good ones when I was looking for a car in my price range I probably would have bought one. Also, the interior is absolutely gorgeous.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:52 AM
p7x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06' SS2SS View Post
Niether, I think they are both BUTT UGLY! The STi looks like a Focus, and the EVO looks like a Mazda. For that kind of money I would buy the new Camaro.
ya but what happens when u wanna turn?

I agree with some points the evo's rearend looks like a mazda and if you look carefully on the STI the 3 letters infront are acutally "SVT"

BUT the boxer is one of the best sounding engines out there and it will more than likely be faster than the evo being lighter and having more HP, but nothing is certain till they are both tested heads up.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:53 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what are the specs on these cars, same as the older gen?

edit: im really liking the subaru wrx sti's look
Old 07-08-2007, 10:55 AM
Not a Sebring

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
neither.......

buy an '07 model of either of those cars instead b/c they look 1,000% better.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:59 AM

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts
Get the new Evo, though the new STI will be faster. The new STI isn't visually appealing at all, but it will have the motor to back it up. It depends on if you want to be faster, or look better and only be slightly slower.

Also, with the Evo....everyone will have the mother freaker. The Evo is becoming Mitsubishi's civic almost. Everyone has one, everyone ****** over them, etc. And from what I hear the new Evo's will be paddle shifters/auto and not a manual transmission only car. That sadly, will make the cars more common, the everyday driver will be able to be in them (BLEH), not just the enthusiasts. I also love the boxer engine sound myself, but I would probably get the new Evo, though I would very much consider the focus looking Impreza WRX STI. Good luck in your choices man. And hey, ya never know, the new Camaros may have great handling.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
p7x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^^good post, and who knows maybe the camaro will have good handling but I got a feeling it will revive the mullet although I really hope it doesnt.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by p7x View Post
^^^^good post, and who knows maybe the camaro will have good handling but I got a feeling it will revive the mullet although I really hope it doesnt.
Thanks a bunch. +rep for the compliment. I hope the new Camaro's don't. I don't think the new GTO did. And besides, transformers made me ***** over that damn camaro so much. Still going for the SS/SC first though.

I have a thing with being unique, and doing things no one else has...to a point. I love the new look of the Evo's and how fast they are.....BUT, they're going to be Auto now. I don't like that. Cars like the Evo should be kept in appeal ONLY to the enthusiasts and not to some rich, spoiled, high school girl that wants a cool looking car. If you see an Evo, usually you know the person driving it, know about the car, is probably modding it, and is an enthusiats mostly. They got it so they could drive fast. Now, you may not be able to tell so easily. And since Fast and Furious made the Evo more appealing to the masses, it doesn't bode well for the car's rarity and appeal. I think if everyone saw an Impreza WRX STI everyday, the appeal would drop. If we all saw an Evo IX everyday, the appeal wouldn't be there (I see Evo's like everyday, , kinda get sick of looking at them). Though the new EVO's will be awesome vehicles, handle great, fast, and EXCELLENT tuner-type styling, yet it will be auto and most definitely less common (and your mom/sister will be able to drive it. Manual keeps relatives needing to drive a car, out of yours).

The new STI on the other hand.....won't be as common. Not as visually appealing, but just as fast and definitely more rare.

Another thing to take into account is that you'll be one of the first pioneers to trailblaze the new Evolutions, and you'll be able to see what they can do. Just know people will be copying off of you after they see you driving around in your new sexy car.

Good luck in your decision p7x.

P.S. I had heard something about an Anti-modding law in Canada somewhere. Isn't it in Ontario?
Old 07-08-2007, 11:55 AM
p7x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanx dude, you have some really good points, while I hope the new evo doesnt turn into the next civic you are more than likely correct, luckily in Canada the tuner scene is no where near the size compared to the states so I dont think it will get out of hand as much as it will in the US. Either way im pretty dead set on the car but def going to wait to see how things progress, sales, mods and price wise.

As for the law, ya its already here in ontario. BUT like many laws that are approved they are rarely exercised. I just hope that i dont get caught on a day they feel like setting an example.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by p7x View Post
thanx dude, you have some really good points, while I hope the new evo doesnt turn into the next civic you are more than likely correct, luckily in Canada the tuner scene is no where near the size compared to the states so I dont think it will get out of hand as much as it will in the US. Either way im pretty dead set on the car but def going to wait to see how things progress, sales, mods and price wise.

As for the law, ya its already here in ontario. BUT like many laws that are approved they are rarely exercised. I just hope that i dont get caught on a day they feel like setting an example.
Ah yes, that is a point about the tuner scene in Canada. And I hope you don't get caught either. It makes it hard though, I mean, if you have an exhaust, they're going to hear you, and instantly know you have modifications done to your car. Meh, I still hope everything works out for you. And yeah, just think, some spoiled high school girl that thinks the Evo looks cute will be driving the same car you are. I can sadly see the Evo becoming a daily seen, daily driven car by the general public.
Old 07-09-2007, 12:42 PM
p7x

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bump for more votes
Old 07-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Not a Sebring

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
just out of curiosity, why is everyone saying the new EVO will be more "rare" than than the new STI??? Around here I see far more STI's on a day to day basis than I do EVOs. Yes, my roomate has an STI, but excluding him, I see STI's a good bit. I see an EVO every so often, but not as much as I do an STI probally.

I guess its like those who say they hardly see SS/SC's........in my town alone theres like 15 SS/SCs, lol. Most are driven by old redneck wives that thought it'd make a cute car to haul their butt to the local Food Lion. And no, im really not kidding in the least!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:34 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt View Post
just out of curiosity, why is everyone saying the new EVO will be more "rare" than than the new STI??? Around here I see far more STI's on a day to day basis than I do EVOs. Yes, my roomate has an STI, but excluding him, I see STI's a good bit. I see an EVO every so often, but not as much as I do an STI probally.

I guess its like those who say they hardly see SS/SC's........in my town alone theres like 15 SS/SCs, lol. Most are driven by old redneck wives that thought it'd make a cute car to haul their butt to the local Food Lion. And no, im really not kidding in the least!
lol thats because when someone has or just got a certain car, it sticks out to you more.. if someone got an evo you would see them more cause you would be looking for your friend. its how i was when i got a cobalt i was like wtf their everywhere!
Old 07-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhiteSSBalt View Post

Agreed. I see about 10-15 STI's in the average day, and maybe only 5 EVO's. But I do live just two miles from Mesa Community College and 1 mile from a high school, where all the kids just ask there daddy and poof they have a new STI.

As for the SS/SC, I have seen a total of about 8 different ones in my area, but when I'm not hanging out with them, I will see maybe 1 a week. My area is home to GTO's, STI's, S2000's, Vette's, Mustang GT's, Civic's, and Cobalt LS's.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:46 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake View Post
I think if everyone saw an Impreza WRX STI everyday, the appeal would drop.

Come visit Jacksonville, Florida. STIs on every corner, and three in the parking lot at Food Lion. Makes me sick. Used to love that car, but OVERKILL in this area.

Anti-modding laws. Think I would have to move, and fast.
Old 07-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Banned

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why didn't mitsu just increase displacement to something like 2.4L's for the EVO? It would have made making 300hp easier or would the EVO faithful thrown a hissyfit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2008 EVO or 2008 STI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.