The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

Comercial distributed Audio help

Old 06-28-2007, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Comercial distributed Audio help

So I am looking at upgrading the Audio system in the bowling alley I work at and need some help from a pro. we currently have a 70volt system and a DJ station (with 2 amps and 8 speakers) hooked up to the Amp for the 70 volt system (32 speakers) by a RCA cord and would like to change out the 70volt amp for something better/newer since it's dying.

I'm looking at all new speakers and going to a 4ohm system with a Crown 660A 6channel amp giving me volume control of the 6 channels independently and the choice of leaveing part of the sytem at 70volts. I currently need a RCA input (DJ station) and a XLR microphone input for the system. I will be playing the same thing over 5 of the output channels and just the microphone output over the 6th channel. I believe I need something to change my RCA input into a 5 channel output since the amp has individual inputs for each channel. Something like the BBE DS26 looks promising, but I don't know if it will let me run one input out to 5 of the outputs and the 2nd input (mic) to the 6th output...then again I could just run the mic into the 6th input on the amp.

I also think I need something to change my RCA output into a XLR output for the BBE system. If anyone can give me some equipment ideas or something else I would apreciate it....

(my second option is going to a Russound R1250MC 6 zone amp and finding a XLR to RCA adapter, but I think going with a Crown amp/JBL speaker setup would be better.)

Thanks for any help.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:47 PM

Your best bet would be to just get a mixing board...it's less of a hassle than trying to convert line level to non-line level signals and vice versa.

I have a 6 channel Peavey board I got for $90 at my local guitar shop...it's pretty nice too and would work for what you need.

You can get it here for $89.99 with free shipping
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/PV6/
Sweetwater is the best place to work with...in fact if you call them they give a sales rep that talks to you PERSONALLY and they will give you a DIRECT contact number for that person. So you aren't jumping around between people everytime you call.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:45 AM

I'm not sure if that will work for my needs, let me find links of the equipment...crown amp

BBE-DS26

adapter

thats bassiclly what I'm looking at...
Old 06-29-2007, 02:39 AM

Okay, so as I read it right now...

You have six multiple zones? as in zones A,B,C,D,E,F so Zone A can have a separate output from Zone B

IE: Zone A is Rock Zone B is Country

OR

Is it ALL zones are the same input/output?
A-F Input = A-F Output?

Because to me that means your going to have to split your out signals from your source(DJ Station) 6 ways for the input as well as your mic 6 ways for the input

I then take it your output would be going to 6 different speakers?

Maybe you could give me a bit more insight on this...

Also for the right price(food and a few games of pool) I could come to DeKalb and check this out for you and see what I can come up with.

Also I just found this which converts the input connector of the amp to an XLR type
http://www.fullcompass.com/product/315134.html
Old 06-29-2007, 03:46 AM

I'm looking to send one source (our media PC that has everything run to it) and a Microphone to the amp, which will be running 6 zones, A-F with zone F being in the mechanics area. I only need to send the mic to the mechanics area, the music has to go to all other areas. (and each area will have it's own volume control) That adapter is probably what I will need for the Mic to Amp connection and if I use the BBE piece, to go from it to the Amp.

basically

PC-----Distribution processor-----Amp Ch A-----4 speakers
......................|| ------------------Amp Ch B-----6 speakers
......................|| ------------------Amp Ch C-----6 speakers
......................|| ------------------Amp Ch D-----8 speakers
......................|| ------------------Amp Ch E-----8 speakers
Microphone-------------------------Amp Ch F------2 speakers

Thats pretty much it. hope that makes it a little more understandable.

Is this something you do normally?

Last edited by SS SCHGD; 06-29-2007 at 03:52 AM. Reason: fixing diagram
Old 01-05-2019, 10:57 PM

I found a very cool site where a lot of useful information. Also there you can read about bass amps https://musiety.com/a-complete-revie...vox-bass-amps/
Old 01-06-2019, 08:15 AM

Received 394 Likes on 351 Posts
Originally Posted by Ieng3woo View Post
I found a very cool site where a lot of useful information. Also there you can read about bass amps https://musiety.com/a-complete-revie...vox-bass-amps/
Mate, this is almost 12years old...the thread not your link.