Gun enthusiast? - Page 13 - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
Gun enthusiast? >

Gun enthusiast?

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

Gun enthusiast?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:08 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
were about in buffalo do you live? there used to be a little group in buffalo but it didnt last. most of the people come from about an hour or so out. And i saw that same one there just couldnt see spending that much when i could probably find it cheaper elsewhere.
I live on Delaware ave just a little bit north of downtown. I was surprised at the price. After some research, I found that's the normal price, but for the top model, which this is not. This is the SCM model that's NY compliant. The other ones have Magpul butt stocks, flash hiders, 30rd mags, and some other goodies. The SCM is sort-of stripped down, but in my opinion much better. Fancy-ness has nothing to do with effectiveness in my experience.

The Sauer 556 is like if an Ar-15, and a AK-47 had offspring, and that means it's amazing. I'm a lefty shooter, and it's set up for right handed operation, but found it MUCH easier to operate left handed than a typical AR/M4/M16. The weird thing is I shoot a hand gun right handed.

Last edited by MarcS; 01-28-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:55 PM
Premium Member

I really loved the arrival blue but I never saw another one while searching in 06 for my SS/SC . I could have ordered it but i didn't have the patience with either my SC or TC ..... the only ones with LSD in the area were black .

Buffalo gun's prices have always been a little on the high side ..... even for ammo. I remember paying over a grand for my Colt Hbar match target back in 94-95 ( cant remember exactly) . Buffalo gun is an awesome store to walk around and drool at thou..... I love the Barret .50's they always have on display.

NY is a no fun gun zone when it comes to accessories ..... I ended up buying my M14 at a gun show and because it was a 60's era rifle it came with flash / bayonet / and it even has the gas piston shut off to shoot rifle grenades hehe.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:37 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by rukkee View Post
I really loved the arrival blue but I never saw another one while searching in 06 for my SS/SC . I could have ordered it but i didn't have the patience with either my SC or TC ..... the only ones with LSD in the area were black .

Buffalo gun's prices have always been a little on the high side ..... even for ammo. I remember paying over a grand for my Colt Hbar match target back in 94-95 ( cant remember exactly) . Buffalo gun is an awesome store to walk around and drool at thou..... I love the Barret .50's they always have on display.

NY is a no fun gun zone when it comes to accessories ..... I ended up buying my M14 at a gun show and because it was a 60's era rifle it came with flash / bayonet / and it even has the gas piston shut off to shoot rifle grenades hehe.
I prefer the A2 style butt stock over the adjustable, and I like the clean look of the muzzle without a flash hider, or compensator. It's really the high capacity magazine ban that annoys me. You can still buy pre-ban mags, but at a cost much higher than you'd get a mag in say... Texas. Ny isn't the worst about "assault weapons," but it's not the best either. Ten round mags are perfect for the range, but when SHTF, I want a vest with full 30rd mags attached.

It is a crazy store though. The .50 cal rifles were the first things that caught my eye. I've never seen so much variety in a gun store. I just wish their prices were better.

I don't know why they stopped production in arrival blue. It's such as awesome color.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:41 PM

i went there to get ammo and they are higher, i had to buy some though because i was low on .223 for my ar and .40. i usually shop online in bulk, you can get some good deals
Old 01-28-2011, 10:32 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic

Here is mine:

Old 01-28-2011, 10:41 PM

is that whole gun plumcrazy or just the lower? how do you like it? i looked at oe o those but couldnt find one that was complant with ny.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:59 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic

Plumcrazy lower, chiappa .22 upper
Old 01-29-2011, 01:22 AM

MarcS: nice rifles. A big antique military rifle enthusiast myself!
Old 01-29-2011, 11:42 AM
The Stig

Originally Posted by smitzk01 View Post
MarcS: nice rifles. A big antique military rifle enthusiast myself!
Thanks!
Old 01-29-2011, 12:01 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
I prefer the A2 style butt stock over the adjustable, and I like the clean look of the muzzle without a flash hider, or compensator. It's really the high capacity magazine ban that annoys me. You can still buy pre-ban mags, but at a cost much higher than you'd get a mag in say... Texas. Ny isn't the worst about "assault weapons," but it's not the best either. Ten round mags are perfect for the range, but when SHTF, I want a vest with full 30rd mags attached.

It is a crazy store though. The .50 cal rifles were the first things that caught my eye. I've never seen so much variety in a gun store. I just wish their prices were better.

I don't know why they stopped production in arrival blue. It's such as awesome color.
It's funny you mentioned the A2 buttstock..... Either I or the gun shoot's better when i remove the adjustable stock and put the original A2 back on . I think it's because I can get a cheek weld on the A2 where as with the adjustable I need to use my hand to create one . I really like the look of the adjustable but with a 20 inch barrel it looks kinda weird when it's folded all the way in .

And I agree about arrival blue .... the only one ive seen was dirty from rain and dust on the dealers lot and it still looked awesome . I wish i would have bought it but I didn't know much about the SS's at the time (must have been late 05 IIRC) and wanted to do some more looking around .
Old 01-29-2011, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by REIGN SS View Post
Plumcrazy lower, chiappa .22 upper
I'd imagine by the .556 markings that you can put a .556 upper on without a problem right? Thats why i love the AR .... big boy's lego set.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:16 PM
The Stig

It's funny you mentioned the A2 buttstock..... Either I or the gun shoot's better when i remove the adjustable stock and put the original A2 back on . I think it's because I can get a cheek weld on the A2 where as with the adjustable I need to use my hand to create one . I really like the look of the adjustable but with a 20 inch barrel it looks kinda weird when it's folded all the way in .

And I agree about arrival blue .... the only one ive seen was dirty from rain and dust on the dealers lot and it still looked awesome . I wish i would have bought it but I didn't know much about the SS's at the time (must have been late 05 IIRC) and wanted to do some more looking around .

My car a few days after I bought it. Featuring the original, and ridiculous Pirelli Pzero Rosso tire.

Last edited by MarcS; 01-29-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic

I'd imagine by the .556 markings that you can put a .556 upper on without a problem right? Thats why i love the AR .... big boy's lego set.
That is correct

The thing weights nothing, the lower is all polymer (minus the buttstock tube & trigger group) and the upper polymer too.

I don't have a scale so I can't actually weigh it.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:28 PM
The Stig

That is correct

The thing weights nothing, the lower is all polymer (minus the buttstock tube & trigger group) and the upper polymer too.

My M&P 15-22 is all polymer with the exception of a few parts, and weighs about 5lbs, yours is probably pretty similar in weight.
Old 01-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Original Hayden Fanatic

My M&P 15-22 is all polymer with the exception of a few parts, and weighs about 5lbs, yours is probably pretty similar in weight.
I was so close to getting the M&P, the fact it has a non-standard lower is the only reason I gave the purchase any hesitation.

When I saw the Plumcrazy/Chiappa combo on the wall I knew I had to have it.

I'm thinking BCM 5.56 upper next
Old 01-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Premium Member

My car a few days after I bought it. Featuring the original, and ridiculous Pirelli Pzero Rosso tire.
That color is pure sex...... do you mind if I snag that pic for my collection? 8)

That is correct

Thats great .... I was looking at a bushy 24" Varminter Upper to throw on my colt . My 20'' hbar is pretty good but I'd really like to take woodchucks out at 400+ with more precision . That and i really want a flat top .... the carrying handle isn't the best when it comes to scope mounts .... its too high up and screws with my firing position .
Old 01-29-2011, 01:38 PM
The Stig

That color is pure sex...... do you mind if I snag that pic for my collection? 8)

Thats great .... I was looking at a bushy 24" Varminter Upper to throw on my colt . My 20'' hbar is pretty good but I'd really like to take woodchucks out at 400+ with more precision . That and i really want a flat top .... the carrying handle isn't the best when it comes to scope mounts .... its too high up and screws with my firing position .
I don't mind. Help yourself.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:39 PM

Had some of the guns out to clean after taken them out this weekend so i snapped a quick picture:

Old 02-02-2011, 07:52 PM
The Stig

That's a nice looking setup. Dose your flip up sight clear that riser?
Old 02-02-2011, 08:02 PM

That's a nice looking setup. Dose your flip up sight clear that riser?
no thats the only problem but once i get the scope sighted in i think ill be good except for the close shots when i need the sights, or i may switch out the rear sight to something shorter. the scope comes off easy and then i can see but i dont want to throw the scope off.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:09 PM

^ Looks good! =)
Old 02-02-2011, 08:12 PM

thanks. got home and put the stuff right on lol. i want to get it out this weekend and sight it in.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:20 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by Stetson View Post
no thats the only problem but once i get the scope sighted in i think ill be good except for the close shots when i need the sights, or i may switch out the rear sight to something shorter. the scope comes off easy and then i can see but i dont want to throw the scope off.
They make kits where you can mount a red dot on top of the scope. I've never used one but it might be a solution for you. I always figured it would give you height over bore issues at close range though.
Old 02-02-2011, 08:32 PM

I saw that I may have to give it a try.
They make kits where you can mount a red dot on top of the scope. I've never used one but it might be a solution for you. I always figured it would give you height over bore issues at close range though.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic

You could also try a 1 o'clock mount:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gun enthusiast?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.