The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

Gun enthusiast?

Old 10-12-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya Jake was a royal douche. No freakin way he was former SEALS. He exemplified pretty much the oppposite of what a SEAL is supposed to exemplify

From what I read he was in the Navy then quit sometime in officer's school or something.

I think it kinda sucks though that Mike got a second chance, and was able to beat the other guy, and then gets to stay. The second chance thing shouldn't really be a part of it. Jake quit, the other guy should have got to stay. Nobody else is given a second chance...
Old 10-12-2011, 02:01 PM

yeah it was a bit off.... but "Aint nothing fair is this world mother F*&ker"!!! lol
Old 10-12-2011, 02:31 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by Gunney_07 View Post
Eh I was hoping there would be a bayonet challenge, and he would trip and impale his face but meh this works to
Old 10-12-2011, 02:33 PM
The Stig

I'm still pissed from last season when the AF Combat controller was eliminated. He was the dude I was rooting for. He was too much of a BAMF and intimidated people so they voted him to elimination just because of that lol. Then the AF sniper threw the whole contest. What an idiot.

This season is lame... really? rock throwing?
Old 10-12-2011, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
I'm still pissed from last season when the AF Combat controller was eliminated. He was the dude I was rooting for. He was too much of a BAMF and intimidated people so they voted him to elimination just because of that lol. Then the AF sniper threw the whole contest. What an idiot.

This season is lame... really? rock throwing?
you talking about Ashley? if soo yeah he was a pretty cool dude, but i was a Chris reed fan from the start... very humble person!

I must of missed the rock throwing episode lol... ancient African hunting weapon lol
Old 10-12-2011, 07:20 PM

Old 10-12-2011, 08:40 PM
The Stig

you talking about Ashley? if soo yeah he was a pretty cool dude, but i was a Chris reed fan from the start... very humble person!

I must of missed the rock throwing episode lol... ancient African hunting weapon lol
Yep that's him. Chris Reed was cool too I'm glad he won. The other other AF guy was too cocky and I think Ashley was the only guy with any actual combat experience.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:26 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by 06_cobalt View Post
Hey guys I've been looking into AR-15's and I was wondering which ones are good and bad? Or any preferred brands?
We're not trying to be rude but you can find the answer in this thread.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We're not trying to be rude but you can find the answer in this thread.
Not taking it that way. It's all good.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:54 PM
The Stig

It's just been discussed a lot. Do a search for csementuh's posts.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:05 AM

take a look over at Ar15.com. if you have a little bit of know how and youtube you can together an AR fairly cheap depending on what parts you use. the upper is a bit harder and needs some more tools, you could buy a complete upper and build a lower yourself. Using youtube videos its very simple for a first timer. Personally i would say stay away from any plastic or composite guns. their ok for making a .22 AR but i just dont like the idea using .223/5.56, but thats just me. anyone can chime in if they have had a good experience with them.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:00 AM

Yep that's him. Chris Reed was cool too I'm glad he won. The other other AF guy was too cocky and I think Ashley was the only guy with any actual combat experience.
Was Ashley the big Hawaiian looking sniper dude that made the good 50BMG shot? Sorry, lol, I didn't really watch much last season. If so, he was a real nice guy, I met him and talked to him a bit when the NRA Convention was in Pittsburgh this past summer.

06 Cobalt.

AR's (and guns in general) are like a racecar. You can go cheap and get lucky and win and hope you don't breakdown. You can buy good and go fast and be more a bit more reliable. You can compromise and do a little of everything.

Colt, LMT, and FN make real .mil guns.
If you're serious about it buy a Colt 6920 for $950 or so. Done deal. Mil-Spec, real quality. Good name, good resale.
If you want to spend a little bit less I like Spike's Tactical, Stag, RRA, etc
If you want to spend a little bit more do LMT, Noveske, Daniel Defense, etc.
If you want to get adventurous, buy stripped lower, hold onto it while you research your dream build, but good quality parts, and roll your own. Then blast the hell outta it...

I compromise and build my personal AR's on Spike's Tactical lowers with other good quality known parts.

I started a company to sell AR parts and accessories, www.cdsarms.com so let me know if I can help you with anything (parts, furniture, whole uppers, etc). Sorry for the shameless plug, Marc, please let me know if that violates site rules and I'll remove it =)

Last edited by csementuh; 10-14-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:30 PM

I had thought about buying a gun that's complete first then after a while getting a lower and upper and building one myself. Thanks for all the help guys!
Old 10-14-2011, 04:35 PM

I just have one more question. If it's been answered tell me to go look and I'll look lol. But what sites would you all recommend buying guns off of?
Old 10-14-2011, 04:43 PM

I just have one more question. If it's been answered tell me to go look and I'll look lol. But what sites would you all recommend buying guns off of?
Whichever one has the best price...

Firearms are so regulated, it's not like they can get away with ripping you off. Find the best deal on what you want in particular. It will be sent to your local FFL and you'll be on your way.

I like Aim Surplus, Joe Bob Outfitters.com, Buds Gun Shop, GunBroker, GunsAmerica, etc.

I'd just figure out what you want, then figure out who has it the cheapest.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:48 PM

Ok thanks man. I've heard a lot of good things about the 6920 from everything I've read.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:10 PM

From what I have seen (and I have never bought guns online) Cheaperthandirt.com has pretty decent prices..

Usually have specials and if you wait for the right time you may catch a good deal
Old 10-14-2011, 07:49 PM

Ok thanks man. I've heard a lot of good things about the 6920 from everything I've read.
The 6920 is *the* quintessential AR-15 carbine. Colt quality. The 6940 I believe is the model is the new monolithic model. Sweet, but pricier. The only thing that sucks is that the civilian Colt's are now 'sporter' models, so they no longer have the tacticool 'Law Enforcement Only' markings on them. I believe the model number also changed to SP6920. Still a damn fine gun.

Only problem with the Colt, it would almost pain me to mod it. I'd personally take my homebew AR's because I know they have what I want on them.

If you just want a gun to shoot, I'd get the Colt. If you want to mod stuff, I'd get something else.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:56 PM

The only thing I would probably do is put on a better sight and vertical grip.
Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 PM
The Stig

Originally Posted by csementuh View Post
Was Ashley the big Hawaiian looking sniper dude that made the good 50BMG shot? Sorry, lol, I didn't really watch much last season. If so, he was a real nice guy, I met him and talked to him a bit when the NRA Convention was in Pittsburgh this past summer.

06 Cobalt.

AR's (and guns in general) are like a racecar. You can go cheap and get lucky and win and hope you don't breakdown. You can buy good and go fast and be more a bit more reliable. You can compromise and do a little of everything.

Colt, LMT, and FN make real .mil guns.
If you're serious about it buy a Colt 6920 for $950 or so. Done deal. Mil-Spec, real quality. Good name, good resale.
If you want to spend a little bit less I like Spike's Tactical, Stag, RRA, etc
If you want to spend a little bit more do LMT, Noveske, Daniel Defense, etc.
If you want to get adventurous, buy stripped lower, hold onto it while you research your dream build, but good quality parts, and roll your own. Then blast the hell outta it...

I compromise and build my personal AR's on Spike's Tactical lowers with other good quality known parts.

I started a company to sell AR parts and accessories, | CDS Arms, LLC | so let me know if I can help you with anything (parts, furniture, whole uppers, etc). Sorry for the shameless plug, Marc, please let me know if that violates site rules and I'll remove it =)
Nope, Ashley was the big dude with the beard.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Banned

Getting my CHL tomorrow!! I also bought a Taurus millienium 9mm on sale for 325. Nice gun. I'm gonna give it a go tomorrow.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:29 AM

Just got back from the olean gun show.... why I even bothered I dont know. Every table was pretty much the same main stream stuff over and over at retail price =[… then you got the people selling bootleg knives and toys wtf it's not a f'n carnival /rant
Old 10-15-2011, 01:15 PM
The Stig

Just got back from the olean gun show.... why I even bothered I dont know. Every table was pretty much the same main stream stuff over and over at retail price =[… then you got the people selling bootleg knives and toys wtf it's not a f'n carnival /rant
Some guy from the last gun show was selling raffle tickets to that show and was asking if I was going to go. He said there would be 300 tables. Sounded promising. Sorry to hear it was a bust.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:40 PM

No I would say like 200 at most It was quite small compared to when it was held in the armory. I swear ever table had a M&P15sport, M&P15-22, several glocks, mossberg tactical .22, sks, standard bolt action rifle and pump shotguns. The most interesting thing I seen was a late 1800's belgian double barrel after that was a .50 cal bolt action.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:10 PM
The Stig

No I would say like 200 at most It was quite small compared to when it was held in the armory. I swear ever table had a M&P15sport, M&P15-22, several glocks, mossberg tactical .22, sks, standard bolt action rifle and pump shotguns. The most interesting thing I seen was a late 1800's belgian double barrel after that was a .50 cal bolt action.
That sounds like the one I just went to... exactly.

The only ones I thought were interesting were the "paratrooper" sks which are hard to find, and a MK I Enfield .303. I've always wanted one.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gun enthusiast?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.