Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/)
-   -   official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/official-weight-loss-health-care-weightlifting-thread-173220/)

Ducky22287 05-27-2009 11:28 PM

Need some work out advise

Alright, so I've been going to the gym almost every other day and sometimes multiple days in a row for about 2 months straight. I definitly noticed and increase in strength and a little definition. My problem is I don't tend to bulk up and that's kinda what I want. Nothing insane, just a little bit.

Now some people I know use creatine and was wondering if anyone could give me some info on the stuff (when to take, what's a good brand to get, is it really bad for you). I mean I heard it's not good for your kidneys so your suppose to take it with like grape juice I believe and even take cranberry pills. I'm just looking for some more info. Thanks guys!

minesfaster 05-27-2009 11:31 PM

Is there a GNC in your area?

2fastSS 05-27-2009 11:35 PM

why take creatine at all stuff is horrible bad for you...

My advise go with a low weight high rep workout, take protein shakes, pills whatever you want, and use a fat burning additive...

Rydis 05-27-2009 11:35 PM

less weight +more reps = definition
More weight + less reps = muscle build

muscle dont grow unless it gets tore down and rebuilt. Protein is really what aids this process. Low weight + high reps doesn't strain the muscle enough to tear it and regrow. You need to lift more weight in less reps.

Ducky22287 05-27-2009 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by minesfaster (Post 3920596)
Is there a GNC in your area?

Yea, there is a GNC in the mall I work at but I hate to go in and act like I have no idea cause they'll try and sell me insanely priced shit lol.

Yea, thing is I've always been skinny, never fat and never really built. I'm just trying to break from the chain lol.

Stevo 05-27-2009 11:37 PM

creatine is a joke. Get on a good diet. Diet is the key to everything. My suggestion get a nutritionist or personal trainer who can help you make a plan out, so worth the money. Just gotta be sure the person is reputable.

KillerBee 05-27-2009 11:38 PM

Eat albacore tuna straight! The protein will help you build muscle mass!

cobalt123 05-27-2009 11:39 PM

you could add amino acid tablets to help with the protein

GTGirl 05-27-2009 11:49 PM

Go with the Whey Protein... I just texted my trainer that I am paying wayyyyy to much for and asked her for you. She said to take it AFTER working out it will help your muscles still 'work'.

Also, yes it is good to take the Cranberry pills NOT the juice because most of the "Cranberry juice" is a cocktail of only 27% etc. You can't really OD on the Cranberry so go for the highest Milligram and only take it once or twice a day.

Also, out of the shops GNC is usually the most costly and most likely to upsale you... Walmart actually has a LOT of Vitamins and supplements really cheap along with the Vitamin Shoppe.

This is the brand that my trainers had me get both my personal and MMA coach @ Gracie.

I like the chocolate flavor. Ha ha yeah the jug of stuff not the doggie wipes! HA HA
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e32/KimBaile/whey.jpg

DiZZ 05-27-2009 11:58 PM

creatine is not a joke as long as you educate yourself on it
if u do want creatine there are many types (monohydrates, pyruvates etc..)

get a few muscle mags and read up and decide which one u like
but make sure u drink A LOT of water thats the main reason people jack themselves up because your puttin so much crap through your liver and not flushin it, as well as creatines main duty is to help water content within the muscular system (very good considering a lot of the human body is composed of water) so if you dont have the water in your system to utilize creatine its just gonna go to waste

me personally use "muscle asylum's Creadex" it contains multiple types of creatine including pyruvate which also aids in a fat burning effect

whoever said
light weight + more reps = definition
more weight + less reps = bulk
is correct but you do wannna alternate and keep your body guessing that way you dont hit a wall and plateu

also one good thing to do is to do work on different muscle groups a day that way while one froup is healing you can concentrate on another group eg back and bi's one day, legs and abs another

stubs_07ls 05-28-2009 12:05 AM

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/

I followed a few of his steps, and in about a month i started to get muscle definition. He explains most of it on his site, and also has a few vids on youtube of the proper way to do some of his workouts, without break/messing up yourself.

GTGirl 05-28-2009 12:06 AM

^^I like his "Stupid Myths" section!

Omnigear 05-28-2009 12:29 AM

work out one or 2 body part per workout
like all chest and do quads after

TurbochargedFuture88 05-28-2009 12:33 AM

Use a pre workout supplement such as Nano Vapor before your workouts to increase your working capacity and then 15-30 minutes after drink a protein shake and possibly some amino acids. I use Monster Milk Protein 50G but whey should be fine and much cheaper. Work out for about an hour-hour and a half (depending on workout) isolating one particular area at a time ie only chest, tri's/bi's, back/shoulders, or legs. Increase the weight each set and try and get ten repetitions with each weight, or some of my buddies go 12-10-8 reps. I prefer three or four sets of ten reps with increasing weights. Hope I helped you a little.

TurbochargedFuture88 05-28-2009 12:34 AM

Use a pre workout supplement such as Nano Vapor before your workouts to increase your working capacity and then 15-30 minutes after drink a protein shake and possibly some amino acids. I use Monster Milk Protein 50G but whey should be fine and much cheaper. Work out for about an hour-hour and a half (depending on workout) isolating one particular area at a time ie only chest, tri's/bi's, back/shoulders, or legs. Increase the weight each set and try and get ten repetitions with each weight, or some of my buddies go 12-10-8 reps. I prefer three or four sets of ten reps with increasing weights. Hope I helped you a little.

Omnigear 05-28-2009 01:00 AM

tri/bi's is not efficient
tri back , bi shoulders
chest on its own day
or if your concentrating
on a different part mix it around
like bi's on its own back tris
chest shoulders

Whining-devil 05-28-2009 01:07 AM

the people who think creatine is bad are wrong. the fact that its bad for your kidneys is a myth. After having a grandfather and father as herbalists and in the healthfood and bodybuilding business for over 40 years, creatine products are fine.

cobalt123 05-28-2009 01:11 AM

for mine i take a whey protein supplement (shake dont get strawberry its shit), burn360(im trying to slim down it increases calorie burning by up to 60%) anavol (this would probably apply to you), omega 3 tablet and amino acid tablet

Nymostwanted187 05-28-2009 01:12 AM

If you ever do take creatine, just make sure you research about it and figure out how much you need to take for the loading stage and maintenance stage.
You have to be consistent with drinking lots of water. There's a way to figure out how much water you need a day.
It all depends on your current body weight and stuff. but it's up to you if you want to cycle creatine or not.

cblt12 05-28-2009 01:16 AM

lift heavy and eat a lot! you are way to fresh into you building to be getting all crazy w/ supps. keep lifting, and eating good, and look into a 5x5 program after you have mastered the basic lifts(probably not for another couple months)... what you eat is the biggest part of getting bigger, try to eat at least 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight everyday... ie- if you weight 165 try to eat at least 165 grams of protein everyday.

o ya and a good protein shake is pretty much a must w/i 30 mins of a workout

krispy 05-28-2009 02:28 AM

Don't start something to build muscle you don't wish to continue permanently, just like diets don't work in the long run, neither do buildup diets. Find something that you will be consistent with then go from there. Creative/chicken/tuna/protein shake diets suck after a while.

silver187666 05-28-2009 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS (Post 3920622)
why take creatine at all stuff is horrible bad for you...

My advise go with a low weight high rep workout, take protein shakes, pills whatever you want, and use a fat burning additive...

truth x2

and creatine is not what you need, yah youll gig yah might get definition, but it wont last if you quick taken it,

if you want to get big take your protein, and work out hard and get on a rep schedule,
you want definition, lower youe weights and keep lifting,

thats really all there is,

Stevo 05-28-2009 08:01 AM

creatine isnt technically bad for you but its a waste of money. Its all water weight crap. These people that say they're on fat burners arent smart either cause those alone arent good for you. I said in my first post get on a good diet and thats what you need to establish first. Workout programs are easy to make up/find. Diet is the single most important thing. Anyone who wants to disagree with me I would love to see your backup.

OrngBalt 05-28-2009 02:04 PM

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Hey guys, wondering if any of you have used this or know anyone who has. Everything I found on reviews seems to be positive but I wanted to see if any of you guys have experience with it.

Maccoy316 05-28-2009 02:06 PM

got a link?