official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread - Page 11 - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread >

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Old 04-05-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackSS View Post
good point, one more thing, how important is cycling with jack3d? for someone who takes 1.5 scoops a day should I still do it on and off every month, or is cycling just recommended but not needed 100%?
According to the USP forums and USP reps they suggest a 8 week on 4 week off cycle. This will help keep you from building up too much of a tolerance. If you manage to get to 3 scoops before the 8 week time frame and you aren't feeling anything... it's time to cycle off.

So, as long as it's effective, go 8 weeks and then 4 weeks off.
Old 04-07-2010, 03:31 PM

For any of you who haven't seen the thread, I am using the thread below to track my daily results and as a journal during my 60 days. I am currently taking PowerFULL, Prime, and Jack3d while doing insanity.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/lounge-42/insanity-begins-209654/
Old 04-07-2010, 04:08 PM

good point, one more thing, how important is cycling with jack3d? for someone who takes 1.5 scoops a day should I still do it on and off every month, or is cycling just recommended but not needed 100%?
cycling is important with everything except protein.

I would suggest for ANY workout you get on a solid quick digesting protein for right after your workout, and then a slow digesting protein like casin right before bed
Old 04-08-2010, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker View Post
cycling is important with everything except protein.

I would suggest for ANY workout you get on a solid quick digesting protein for right after your workout, and then a slow digesting protein like casin right before bed
bingo. that even includes calorie intake. believe it or not your 'cheat day' does you at least some good. it kinda teaches your metabolism to stay on its toes. the thing is if you want your body to keep changing you have to keep changing what your doing. that includes your work outs, supplements, and caloritic intake. switching up your work outs keeps your muscles 'confused' so that they cant adapt to a specific load at a specific angle. taking in some extra carbs and fat about once a week makes your helps keep your metabolism high cuz it throws off the clean eating routine and makes your body work harder to burn it off.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:22 AM

I may be a little late to this thread and for some reason the school's computer won't let me go back and view the older pages, but is anyone else out here doing P90X?

I mean, I'm in pretty good shape and all, but for some reason it's completely kicking my butt...
Old 04-09-2010, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lapila82 View Post
I may be a little late to this thread and for some reason the school's computer won't let me go back and view the older pages, but is anyone else out here doing P90X?

I mean, I'm in pretty good shape and all, but for some reason it's completely kicking my butt...
Yea, I think it's blurpleSS who is doing P90X. I am doing it next, right now I am doing Insanity. It will be a struggle because it is a totally different type of workout. No matter what kind of shape you are in, when you are doing a new kind of workout it will be tough. Just stick with it.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt View Post
Yea, I think it's blurpleSS who is doing P90X. I am doing it next, right now I am doing Insanity. It will be a struggle because it is a totally different type of workout. No matter what kind of shape you are in, when you are doing a new kind of workout it will be tough. Just stick with it.
qft...im in fairly decent shape but i jus got my ass handed to me after a mma circuit. but thats kinda the point. thats how you know its working. most things worth having are hard to get.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by luciano23456 View Post
qft...im in fairly decent shape but i jus got my ass handed to me after a mma circuit. but thats kinda the point. thats how you know its working. most things worth having are hard to get.
Yeah, it's tough but it's so worth it. The girlfriend loves the fact that I'm toning up already too!
Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 PM

subscribed
Old 04-10-2010, 03:59 PM

Doing arms and shoulders and managed to yank my rotator cuff around a bit. The doc has me on some hardcore painkillers. Should be back in the game in about a week, but I gotta take it easy now.
Old 04-10-2010, 04:02 PM

I suggest a product called *fireball*
Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 PM

Hey guys quick question about whey protein, I recently bought GNC 100% Whey Protein and it gave me the runs and nasty nonstop farts, I switched over to syntha 6 and even though I dont get the runs anymore I still get the farts, so the question is should I try it with water instead? And the fact that I get the farts does that mean my body did not like the protein and is rejecting it? Should I keep taking it, is there something that could help me better maybe like whey isolate instead?
Old 04-13-2010, 09:29 PM

Hey guys quick question about whey protein, I recently bought GNC 100% Whey Protein and it gave me the runs and nasty nonstop farts, I switched over to syntha 6 and even though I dont get the runs anymore I still get the farts, so the question is should I try it with water instead? And the fact that I get the farts does that mean my body did not like the protein and is rejecting it? Should I keep taking it, is there something that could help me better maybe like whey isolate instead?
The runs are likely caused by the artificial sweeteners in the protein. I love Syntha 6, but it contains casein, which will cause some digestion and gas issues. They have added some enzymes to it to help minimize the issue, but a pure whey isolate is the easiest on the stomach and shouldn't make you gassy. 100% whey usually has whey concentrate in it as the first ingredient and whey isolate as the second. Whey concentrate is high in lactose, which will cause gas issues for those who are lactose intolerant (this includes myself). FYI, whey concentrate is just powdered milk. If you CAN digest it, it's cheaper just to buy it at the grocery store and add Nestle quick to it for to make it edible and add some caleries if you are bulking. My favorite protein is Allmax Nutrition Isoflex. It's a pure whey isolate with some added stuff to help with digestion and uptake.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 PM

ON: Pro Complex and Hydro Whey are awesome proteins as well!
Old 04-13-2010, 10:00 PM

hmm interesting point, bumpin do you used the Allmax for weight lifting or just as your daily diet type of thing?
Old 04-14-2010, 10:40 AM

lots of people are at least a tad bit lactose intolerent, and it sounds like this is your issue.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:06 AM

well I take it syntha with 1% lowfat milk, im gonna switch over to water instead see if that affects the chemistry
Old 04-14-2010, 02:12 PM

well I take it syntha with 1% lowfat milk, im gonna switch over to water instead see if that affects the chemistry
yeah just play around with it.

I end up having gas all the time and I know it is from the supplements I take, but it is well worth it.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:33 PM

will do, hopefully it will work, syntha6 isnt that cheap

well its been 2hrs. since I took it and not a single fart, hopefully its not a glitch in my system or just a one time thing.

Last edited by StyleandSpeed; 04-14-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:28 PM

my situation: about 4 months ago i got a collapsed vein and got a blood clot from my stomach to my ankle im 19, before the clot i was 165lbs looking lean and benching 385. they put a stent in me and i havent been allowed to do much since im on blood thinners now. im 183lbs now and its all mostly in my stomach i cant bench til im off blood thinners. i dont have abs or any definition anymore and it makes me want to puke. what should i do to get back to how i used to look?
Old 04-15-2010, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by GSDIESEL300 View Post
my situation: about 4 months ago i got a collapsed vein and got a blood clot from my stomach to my ankle im 19, before the clot i was 165lbs looking lean and benching 385. they put a stent in me and i havent been allowed to do much since im on blood thinners now. im 183lbs now and its all mostly in my stomach i cant bench til im off blood thinners. i dont have abs or any definition anymore and it makes me want to puke. what should i do to get back to how i used to look?
If you cant train in the gym you can train in the kitchen. Healthy living will help you get back to where you need to be.

what most people domt understand, DIET IS EVERYTHING!
Old 04-15-2010, 09:19 PM

the past few days ive been on a 1000 calorie a day diet every one keeps saying its bad but i already lost a half inch on my waist and lost 6 pounds. the problem is when i eat i think i eat the wrong things. lol i like chinese food but i only eat half the order early in the day and then the other half the same time next day.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:37 PM

dude ur better off on a normal diet eating a hair less then what your daily intake should be,otherwise ur gonna mess up ur metabolism and, digestion pace and much more, besides if you eat this little your brain will eventually overpower you and you will start eating alot again, no one said losing weght is easy.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:43 PM

ya but i read and it said the only way to lose weight healthy is to lose 2 pounds a month and i gotta get ready for beach season lol
Old 04-15-2010, 09:56 PM

lol at the things ppl will do for beach season, to each of his own I guess

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.