official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread - Page 15 - Cobalt SS Network

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #351  

Ok I did some measuring today.
Weight: 190 lbs
Bicep: 16"
Forearm: 14.25"
Chest: 44"
Waist: 31.5"
Thigh: 24.25"
Calf: 15"

I have been working a lot on my calfs the last couple weeks because they are and always have been my weakest area. I need them to catch up to my arms LOL.

4 months ago my measurements were:
Weight: 150 lbs
Bicep: 12"
Forearm: 12"
Chest: 38"
Waist: 28.5"
Thigh: 19"
Calf: 12"
Old 08-10-2010, 04:58 PM   #352  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS View Post
do a cycle of d ball.
its not d ball. its DBOL. close though. and no, he shouldn't. at least not as his first AAS lol. dbol is some crazy powerful stuff.

and for those who say creatine is joke.. you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:03 AM   #353  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
Ok I did some measuring today.
Weight: 190 lbs
Bicep: 16"
Forearm: 14.25"
Chest: 44"
Waist: 31.5"
Thigh: 24.25"
Calf: 15"

I have been working a lot on my calfs the last couple weeks because they are and always have been my weakest area. I need them to catch up to my arms LOL.

4 months ago my measurements were:
Weight: 150 lbs
Bicep: 12"
Forearm: 12"
Chest: 38"
Waist: 28.5"
Thigh: 19"
Calf: 12"
how do you run. ive always had huge calfs cause im a toe walker/runner. its hard to be flat footed
Old 08-11-2010, 08:12 PM   #354  

if your not running heal to toe your only gonna tear your knees up fast and really fast. but if your not a distance runner you will have a few more days of life..

so what the best fat burner on the market right now.i had mitropin and it worked awesome now i have lipo6black and it sucks but i dont think i can get the same great results from mitropin again so i want a new one thats hot right now.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #355  

i like stacker 2/3 the energy it gives me helps me burn more
Old 08-12-2010, 12:39 PM   #356  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgt79 View Post
if your not running heal to toe your only gonna tear your knees up fast and really fast. but if your not a distance runner you will have a few more days of life..

so what the best fat burner on the market right now.i had mitropin and it worked awesome now i have lipo6black and it sucks but i dont think i can get the same great results from mitropin again so i want a new one thats hot right now.
The best fat burner is a series of metobolic conditioning workouts while following a paleo diet of sorts.... suppliments are a complete waste of money.

Eat Meat, Veggies, Fruit, and Nuts only, and you will burn body fat like you just had gastric bypass surgery...
Old 08-30-2010, 07:37 PM   #357  

ok im done with ALL supplements from now on, this **** is about to give me a fucken heart attack and i guess the energy drinks arent helping either...my fucken heart is racing and my fingers are vibrating and my eyes wont sit still in my head. this **** isnt cool at all
Old 08-31-2010, 04:13 AM   #358  

I wanna find a decent fat burner that wont have your body drain all the water out of your system, btw anyone here taking hydrochloride creatine and have their .02 cents on it? results seem alot more promising after switching over from monohydrate.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #359  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgt79 View Post
ok im done with ALL supplements from now on, this **** is about to give me a fucken heart attack and i guess the energy drinks arent helping either...my fucken heart is racing and my fingers are vibrating and my eyes wont sit still in my head. this **** isnt cool at all
Yep between all the Caffeine and Yohimbine HCL (Yohimbe) they put in things like redline and NaNO vapor it can literally kill you. Stimulants are no good for you at all.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #360  

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver187666 View Post
how do you run. ive always had huge calfs cause im a toe walker/runner. its hard to be flat footed
I am not sure but I am quite fast (well when I was 150 lbs I was a little faster). I actually have a pretty big vertical leap as well (well for a white boy anyway LOL). It was 32" last time I had it measured. I am 5' 8" and can touch a 10' basketball rim. My calf size is not due to a lack of walking that is for sure I walk a lot uphill through deep sand because I live in the boonies. Some people are have big calves genetically some do not and I definately do not but I am not letting it stop me from trying to build them up.

Last edited by Terminator2; 09-04-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:02 PM   #361  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserblueSS View Post
its not d ball. its DBOL. close though. and no, he shouldn't. at least not as his first AAS lol. dbol is some crazy powerful stuff.

and for those who say creatine is joke.. you obviously have no idea what you are talking about.
It does not help some people. I have taken it for some time now as It is mixed into 2 different protein supplements I use everyday and seen no gains at all from it. I take 6-8G or so each day. A big part of whether someone responds to creatine or not has to do with his or her overall diet. Those who DO NOT not consume red meat (Beef especially) on a regular basis respond more to creatine supplmentation than those (like myself) who eat lots of lean red meat all the time.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:31 PM   #362  

Quote:
It does not help some people. I have taken it for some time now as It is mixed into 2 different protein supplements I use everyday and seen no gains at all from it. I take 6-8G or so each day. A big part of whether someone responds to creatine or not has to do with his or her overall diet. Those who DO NOT not consume red meat (Beef especially) on a regular basis respond more to creatine supplmentation than those (like myself) who eat lots of lean red meat all the time.
I hope you arent talking mono creatine. With proper hydration I get visible results with hydrochloride.
Old 09-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #363  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOnBlackSS View Post
I hope you arent talking mono creatine. With proper hydration I get visible results with hydrochloride.
I have taken 3 different kinds monohydrate, ethyl ester, and hydrochloride. I observed no noticable gains in strength or stamina. I drink at least a gallon of water or slightly more every day.

Last edited by Terminator2; 09-04-2010 at 01:21 PM.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #364  

Everyone's perspectives on creatine (regardless if your using monohydrate, ethyl ester, and so on) seem a little skewed in this forum. If used correctly with the proper lifting routine, diet, and rest, anyone will see more upscaled results than without the supplement. Keep in mind, without the proper diet and without essential amino acids, vitamins and other nutrients, no body will see substantial gains regardless of your supplement intake. So, let's say we all consume these essential nutrients. Subject A takes 5 g of creatine before and 5 g after his workout, and subject B does not. The results: subject A gets stronger and finds himself in a more anabolic state building more muscle. Why? Here's exactly why. While consuming creatine with a lot of water throughout the day, subject A's muscles are flooded with the supplement. Creatine becomes energized by naturally occurring phosphates we have in our bodies. While attached, ATP is drastically increased in cells. ATP is basically a cell's ability to do work. So, subject A's energy stores are increased as well as anaerobic activity. During a workout, the creatine helps the cell produce a greater amount of energy, causing a greater increase in strength. This increase also causes muscle growth. IF YOU DON'T SEE THE RESULTS THAN YOUR EITHER NOT WORKING VERY HARD, OR YOU'RE GOING TO MCDONALDS FOR DINNER. A point was brought up before that one who eats more red meat cannot see the gains like one who doesn't. This isn't entirely true, and I consider it false. Red meat is naturally rich in creatine (not anything like 10 g you'd consume throughout a workout day). The body can build a tolerance to creatine, but eating red meat will not substantially stunt your energy stores.
Old 09-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #365  

When creatine is ingested it travels to the muscles through the blood stream. Once inside the muscle cells, it is turned into a substance called creatine phosphate. Which is used for short term energy bursts for such activities as strength training and sports that require short, fast bursts of activity. Creatine phosphate aids in replenishing your levels of ATP. Adenosine triphosphate, ATP is the molecular fuel that provides the power for muscular contractions.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:48 AM   #366  

Quote:
Originally Posted by LARGEsuperchargeSSSC View Post
Everyone's perspectives on creatine (regardless if your using monohydrate, ethyl ester, and so on) seem a little skewed in this forum. If used correctly with the proper lifting routine, diet, and rest, anyone will see more upscaled results than without the supplement. Keep in mind, without the proper diet and without essential amino acids, vitamins and other nutrients, no body will see substantial gains regardless of your supplement intake. So, let's say we all consume these essential nutrients. Subject A takes 5 g of creatine before and 5 g after his workout, and subject B does not. The results: subject A gets stronger and finds himself in a more anabolic state building more muscle. Why? Here's exactly why. While consuming creatine with a lot of water throughout the day, subject A's muscles are flooded with the supplement. Creatine becomes energized by naturally occurring phosphates we have in our bodies. While attached, ATP is drastically increased in cells. ATP is basically a cell's ability to do work. So, subject A's energy stores are increased as well as anaerobic activity. During a workout, the creatine helps the cell produce a greater amount of energy, causing a greater increase in strength. This increase also causes muscle growth. IF YOU DON'T SEE THE RESULTS THAN YOUR EITHER NOT WORKING VERY HARD, OR YOU'RE GOING TO MCDONALDS FOR DINNER. A point was brought up before that one who eats more red meat cannot see the gains like one who doesn't. This isn't entirely true, and I consider it false. Red meat is naturally rich in creatine (not anything like 10 g you'd consume throughout a workout day). The body can build a tolerance to creatine, but eating red meat will not substantially stunt your energy stores.
You could not be more wrong. My diet is better than 99.9% of the world and I workout hard 4-5 days a week. Just sharing my experiences with creatine supplementation. I have not seen any gains with it. Some see gains from it. Taken from a Bodybuilding.com article. Is Creatine Supplementation For Everyone?

Creatine supplementation may not be effective for everyone. There are possible safety concerns with creatine supplementation that will be discussed later. Due to the mechanisms by which creatine supplementation works, it may not be effective for endurance athletes to supplement with creatine. A significant percentage of the general population appears to have no response to creatine.

People on vegetarian diets seem to have a greater response to creatine, theoretically due to the lack of dietary creatine intake. From this, it can be inferred that individuals who consume large amounts of protein on a daily basis, especially red meat, will have a less significant response to creatine supplementation to the amount being ingested through typical dietary means.

RELATED ARTICLE
All About Beef Index.
For bodybuilders, beef is an important part of a healthy diet. Learn about the different types of beef, the protein and fat in each one, and find some great recipes!
[ Click here to learn more. ]

It is interesting to note that most creatine research uses the standard protocol of 5 g / d for "maintenance". Anecdotal evidence suggests a high rate of success with creatine supplementation. This same evidence indicates that doses in the field are much higher than the established research protocol or recommended label amounts.

This may account for a higher anecdotal rate of success and perceived effect in the field as opposed to what is suggested in the literature. Anecdotal evidence is not a substitute for scientific research, but should be taken into account. What happens in "the real world" is much more important than what occurs in isolated, scientific trials when trying to make a "real world" application of creatine supplementation

Last edited by Terminator2; 09-18-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 09-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #367  

HAHAHA!!! Thanks for the good laugh, Terminator. 99.9% better than everyone else in the world, and you consume a large amount of red meat???? Get over yourself, brother. Eating red meat everyday is not healthy. Now don't take this the wrong way...again. I said "everyday." Eating red meat occasionally is very healthy (I won't go into details to bore you carnivore's out there). And you only work out 4 times a week..."hard???" I'm literally laughing over here. Before you just copy and paste some articles on here, you should understand the meaning of them. Bodybuilding.com is correct, I don't disagree with them at all. CREATINE SUPPLEMENTATION IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. I never said it was. I'm a pre med student, currently playing a D-1 sport, and have been invited to attend several pro card qualifying bodybuilding competitions (INBF of course). I have experience with the supplement and have talked to many professionals about the importance of creatine in the diet of athletes and bodybuilders. They all agree it's critical. For instance... Five Key Supplements

Shelby Starnes is a world renowned nutritionist when it comes to bodybuilding. I just found this article he wrote real quick to give you an idea.

EFS Interview: Nutritionist Shelby Starnes

And another for reading pleasure and just to rub in the importance of creatine.

Do your homework...kid ;-)
Old 09-19-2010, 06:00 PM   #368  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazuya View Post
When creatine is ingested it travels to the muscles through the blood stream. Once inside the muscle cells, it is turned into a substance called creatine phosphate. Which is used for short term energy bursts for such activities as strength training and sports that require short, fast bursts of activity. Creatine phosphate aids in replenishing your levels of ATP. Adenosine triphosphate, ATP is the molecular fuel that provides the power for muscular contractions.
Exactly what I said. Take note of the short term energy bursts. OF COURSE this supplement shouldn't be used in an endurance sport such as cross country.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #369  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurpleSS View Post
The best fat burner is a series of metobolic conditioning workouts while following a paleo diet of sorts.... suppliments are a complete waste of money.

Eat Meat, Veggies, Fruit, and Nuts only, and you will burn body fat like you just had gastric bypass surgery...

Metabolic circuits are a fantastic way to raise metabolism levels and burn fat. Running intervals is also an awesome way to keep one's metabolism high. Intervals can keep someone's metabolism raised for up to 36 or 48 hours (If I remember correctly I'm not 100 percent sure). Running long distance only raises your metabolism for an hour after working out....Weight lifting is the GOD while it can keep your metabolism up for 72 hours Those looking to lose weight but aren't big into weight lifting...run intervals. Simply the bet way to do this along with a great diet. Remember, training is only 20 percent of the fight. The other 80 consists of diet and recovery
Old 09-20-2010, 09:16 AM   #370  

Quote:
Metabolic circuits are a fantastic way to raise metabolism levels and burn fat. Running intervals is also an awesome way to keep one's metabolism high. Intervals can keep someone's metabolism raised for up to 36 or 48 hours (If I remember correctly I'm not 100 percent sure). Running long distance only raises your metabolism for an hour after working out....Weight lifting is the GOD while it can keep your metabolism up for 72 hours Those looking to lose weight but aren't big into weight lifting...run intervals. Simply the bet way to do this along with a great diet. Remember, training is only 20 percent of the fight. The other 80 consists of diet and recovery
Yes high intensity interval training will raise your metabolic rate much more and for much longer than steady state training and it burns more calories per minute while performing it as well.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:24 AM   #371  

Quote:
HAHAHA!!! Thanks for the good laugh, Terminator. 99.9% better than everyone else in the world, and you consume a large amount of red meat???? Get over yourself, brother. Eating red meat everyday is not healthy. Now don't take this the wrong way...again. I said "everyday." Eating red meat occasionally is very healthy (I won't go into details to bore you carnivore's out there). And you only work out 4 times a week..."hard???" I'm literally laughing over here. Before you just copy and paste some articles on here, you should understand the meaning of them. Bodybuilding.com is correct, I don't disagree with them at all. CREATINE SUPPLEMENTATION IS NOT FOR EVERYONE. I never said it was. I'm a pre med student, currently playing a D-1 sport, and have been invited to attend several pro card qualifying bodybuilding competitions (INBF of course). I have experience with the supplement and have talked to many professionals about the importance of creatine in the diet of athletes and bodybuilders. They all agree it's critical. For instance... Five Key Supplements

Shelby Starnes is a world renowned nutritionist when it comes to bodybuilding. I just found this article he wrote real quick to give you an idea.

EFS Interview: Nutritionist Shelby Starnes

And another for reading pleasure and just to rub in the importance of creatine.

Do your homework...kid ;-)
I have experience with the creatine supplementation as well and I am saying that not everyone responds to creatine which many studies have shown. I does not work for me. It is ignorant and narrow minded to assume that just because some thing works well for you it must be the same for everyone else (we call that a sweeping generalization). I am not a kid and I minored in human and sports nutrition so I know I lot more than you think about nutrition. You dont think 4-5 days a week of intense workouts is enough? Let me guess you are one of those guys who thinks it is better to workout 7 days a week with no rest? What is the most important rule of training? Do not overtrain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 4-5 days a week of intense workouts is plenty of time in the gym unless you are on anabolic steroids and like to overtrain yourself. Lean red meat (Prime sirloin steak for example) is healthier than most think and it has an amino acid score of 154 which puts whey, casein, egg, soy to shame (they are all around 100) and it has loads of highly bioavaliable iron, zinc and B12 all of which are very important. People have wrongly blamed red meat for all kinds of health related problems for years but recent studies from different countries around the world have shown that it is the highly refined carbs and man made trans fats (especially when foods dipped in bleached enriched flour and fried in trans fats) that are the main contributing factors in these health problems. Remember that compounds in supplements are never absorbed as well as when they occur in food naturally.

Last edited by Terminator2; 09-20-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:41 PM   #372  

Quote:
I have experience with the creatine supplementation as well and I am saying that not everyone responds to creatine which many studies have shown. It is ignorant and narrow minded to assume that just because some thing works well for you it must be the same for everyone else (we call that a sweeping generalization). I am not a kid and I minored in human and sports nutrition so I know I lot more than you think about nutrition. You dont think 4-5 days a week of intense workouts is enough? Let me guess you are one of those guys who thinks it is better to workout 7 days a week with no rest? 4-5 days a week of intense workouts is plenty of time in the gym unless you are on anabolic steroids and like to overtrain yourself. Lean red meat (Prime sirloin steak for example) is healthier than most think and it has an amino acid score of 154 which puts whey, casein, egg, soy to shame (they are all around 100) and it has loads of highly bioavaliable iron, zinc and B12 all of which are very important. People have wrongly blamed red meat for all kinds of health related problems for years but recent studies from different countries around the world have shown that it is the highly refined carbs and man made trans fats (especially when foods dipped in bleached enriched flour and fried in trans fats) that are the main contributing factors in these health problems. Remember that compounds in supplements are never absorbed as well as when they occur in food naturally.
I don't appreciate being classified as "one of those guys." Of course it's not healthy to workout 7 days a week. Maybe if you read where I said 80 percent of proper training lies in nutrition and recovery, you would get the idea of how important rest is. And, possibly, if you read where I said I compete in INBF competitions you would know I'm a natural bodybuilder. Hence why the acronym stands for THE INTERNATIONAL NATURAL BODYBUILDING AND FITNESS FEDERATION. If one wants to train for size, which i assume you are considering your taking measurements of your 13 inch calves and arms, working out six days a week is ideal. Split major muscle groups up leaving 72 hours of rest in between and doing the other small muscle groups when you please. Thanks for making a "sweeping generalization" about myself and how I train; however, you're wrong...again.

Maybe, this time, you'll do your homework...kid ;-)

P.S. I don't appreciate being called narrow minded when I'm just trying to help others optimize their results while training. You, sir, seem narrow minded yourself...not open to other suggestions and ways to train. I've only taken the information I've obtained from the best in the business and put it in this thread. For you to shoot me down and say I'm incorrect is simply ignorant.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:40 PM   #373  

Quote:
I don't appreciate being classified as "one of those guys." Of course it's not healthy to workout 7 days a week. Maybe if you read where I said 80 percent of proper training lies in nutrition and recovery, you would get the idea of how important rest is. And, possibly, if you read where I said I compete in INBF competitions you would know I'm a natural bodybuilder. Hence why the acronym stands for THE INTERNATIONAL NATURAL BODYBUILDING AND FITNESS FEDERATION. If one wants to train for size, which i assume you are considering your taking measurements of your 13 inch calves and arms, working out six days a week is ideal. Split major muscle groups up leaving 72 hours of rest in between and doing the other small muscle groups when you please. Thanks for making a "sweeping generalization" about myself and how I train; however, you're wrong...again.

Maybe, this time, you'll do your homework...kid ;-)

P.S. I don't appreciate being called narrow minded when I'm just trying to help others optimize their results while training. You, sir, seem narrow minded yourself...not open to other suggestions and ways to train. I've only taken the information I've obtained from the best in the business and put it in this thread. For you to shoot me down and say I'm incorrect is simply ignorant.
I ment no disrespect but it is hard for me to understand where you are comming from when it seems like you are just contrdicting everything I say. You made it sound like working out 4 days a week is not working hard. I rest my muscle groups 48-72 hours between workouts as well. I am open to suggestions but when you say "If you are not seeing results with creatine you are either not working out hard enough or you are eating McDonalds" I take offense to that because that is not true at all for me. People are hard to read over the internet. This is nothing more than a big misunderstanding for the most part and I apologize for that. Oh and I am quite a bit bigger than I was before. I am a strength trainer though not a body builder. I do not care as much how the muscle looks or how big it is but how strong it is.

Last edited by Terminator2; 09-20-2010 at 04:47 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:59 PM   #374  

If you guys are done, can we get back on topic here?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:42 AM   #375  

I dont know how this is really happening. but its working.

Since June 7th. I have had NO soda or energy drinks. the only things I drink besides water is Iced tea. usually sugarless. or maybe a vitamin water for a treat.

Between june 7th and Aug 16th. I dropped 15 lbs. not bad considering my Food intake didnt change much. some changes did occur. instead of big burger. I ate chicken. or instead of lots of pasta. eat a lot of salad first.

Once Aug 16th came around. I started swimming at the local junior college. first day I was dying. but a month later. I can swim for the full hour the class is and barely get tired.

Beggining on June I was 283 (fatty). IM down to 254. and my goal is 220. I just need to change my eating habits a lil bit and I know I can drop the weight quick. I love swimming and how I feel afterwards.

FYI when I say im swimming. It means 60ish 20 yard laps in an hour. I want to push myself to do more.

soon we switch to the 50 yard laps. woot!

Closed Thread