official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread - Page 2 - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread >

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:10 PM

tagged for linkage
Old 05-28-2009, 01:26 PM

link or ban
Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM

who makes it? and what kind of supplement is it? preworkout? post workout?
Old 05-28-2009, 01:29 PM

ya we have to know more about it before we make decisions. bump for link.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Banned

OMG.. i took this, with prime. ******* awesome. all of april i was trying to get it cuz i got coupons from vitamin shoppe, but i they did not have it. this was AMAZING product. like, i after 2 days i was at the gym, and i was just like in the zone and very energetic. but i think you should take it with the prime. prime is like nothing i have taken before.

but yes, powerfull from usp labs was awesome. it helps your skin as well. Take it, you wont regret it..
Old 05-28-2009, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by URgfWaNtSME12 View Post
OMG.. i took this, with prime. ******* awesome. all of april i was trying to get it cuz i got coupons from vitamin shoppe, but i they did not have it. this was AMAZING product. like, i after 2 days i was at the gym, and i was just like in the zone and very energetic. but i think you should take it with the prime. prime is like nothing i have taken before.

but yes, powerfull from usp labs was awesome. it helps your skin as well. Take it, you wont regret it..
I think its a preworkout/stimulant.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Banned

the whole asteroid stack worked, but after a while i hated shoving bread in my mouth, so i just stopped eating as much, and quit anabolic PUMP.

the only reason i am not taking it now is because they didnt have it and i just went on creatine.

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker View Post
naw, its a testosterone booster, i never took it before a workout. you can, but i took it before bed, thats another thing. i slept liek a ******* rock.. i also took it in the morning.

before workouts id take a nitric oxide. like white flood or now i have NO shotgun.

but jacked from usp laps isnt too bad, its more of a focus drink than a Nitric OXide which just has you geeking out in the car to the gym.. haha

Last edited by URgfWaNtSME12; 05-28-2009 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-28-2009, 02:08 PM

For every one workingout

found this site tells you everything you want and need to know, and shows you how to do the workout succesfuly

http://www.shapefit.com/exercise.html
Old 05-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Banned

they r good for beginners, i think everyone who has picked up a weight has their own mold that works for them.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:15 PM

yah but this shows how to go for definition, and proper lifting,
alot of people dont get results cause they dont know the proper lift,
not every one had a coach beat them senseless if they worked out wrong
Old 05-28-2009, 02:17 PM

Ive been using shapefit.com recently, that is a good website to use as a reference or workout guide! I kinda made my own 16 week workout routine using that site, when i was deployed.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
creatine isnt technically bad for you but its a waste of money. Its all water weight crap. These people that say they're on fat burners arent smart either cause those alone arent good for you. I said in my first post get on a good diet and thats what you need to establish first. Workout programs are easy to make up/find. Diet is the single most important thing. Anyone who wants to disagree with me I would love to see your backup.
i wouldnt say water weight, its the water content within the muscles and as i did say earlier the human body is composed of quite a bit of water...im not tryin to pick a fight or nothin just sharin what i know
Old 05-28-2009, 02:20 PM

yah i was wondering how to work my shoulders and neck and now i know, my arms werent taken shape cause i coulnt get my deltoids going
Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 PM

bodybuilding.com is a really good site as well if your really looking to bulk and whatnot. A lot of knowledgable people on there. They also sell supplements there online a lot cheaper than pretty much any store.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:38 PM

Ok, I have been working out for about 10 years. I went through the whole Body Building thing.. it is hard to keep that type of body unless you work out every day. I am now a fighter. MMA and I watch my diet and have dropped about 50 lbs in a year and honestly about half or a little more was actual muscle. I truly feel I look better now than I did when I was bulky and had huge arms and chest. I am 6'4 tall and can carry a lot of weight and still look good. But I honestly think that most people try to hard to gain muscle mass when It would be much easier to lose some body fat and do more circuit training. you will be much more defined and will be able to keep the muscle much easier. you may actually look better and feel better if you concentrate on your diet more than the actual lifting. I could go on forever about this but trust me when I say loose any body fat you have until you get to about 11-14% body fat. and then lift. you may not be as strong. but you will look better. Also, when I say circuit training, I mean use the Same weight for every exercise with very little rest between sets. (If any)
Here is my workout.

Run 1 mile (H.I.T) -sprint 200 meters, jog 200 meters
Grab a 60-70 lb ez curl bar.
Without rest do 8 reps of each.
Underhand row X 8
Upright Row X 8
Military Press X 8
Good Mornings X 8
Single leg Lunges 8 on each leg
Squat press X 8
Dead Lift X 8
One Min Rest... do three sets of each circuit

Then run one mile at as fast of a pace as possible without resting.

You will lose weight and get much stronger.. Trust me.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:41 PM

thats pretty cool man, what part of IA
Old 05-28-2009, 02:50 PM

Hey i posted in another thread a question maybe some of you guys have experience in it. Have any of you used or know someone who has used PowerFULL. I am skeptical on all those things, but everything I have looked up on it seems promising.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:52 PM

ive noticed the sudden interest here lately with all the people wanting to learn more about weight loss/ weightlifting and what not. so I think its time for this. Ive been looking over I know at least 3 threads on this now and wanted to get this all in one so we can all talk it over with out making a bunch of different threads pretty much re posting stuff over and over again and takeing up server space

http://www.shapefit.com/exercise.html

http://www.scoobysworkshop.com/

if you have any info want to help anyone or got a good workout plan post it here. maybe we can all help each other on this and get some good results. and if you got anything you want me to add to this first post pm me with the info ill add it.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:06 PM

cool, thanks man... What's prime?

HGH booster

the whole asteroid stack worked, but after a while i hated shoving bread in my mouth, so i just stopped eating as much, and quit anabolic PUMP.

the only reason i am not taking it now is because they didnt have it and i just went on creatine.

naw, its a testosterone booster, i never took it before a workout. you can, but i took it before bed, thats another thing. i slept liek a ******* rock.. i also took it in the morning.

before workouts id take a nitric oxide. like white flood or now i have NO shotgun.

but jacked from usp laps isnt too bad, its more of a focus drink than a Nitric OXide which just has you geeking out in the car to the gym.. haha
Yea, I read that it used to be 12-15 pills but its cut to 3-4 now. morning, pre-workout, and bed. Not quite sure what you are talking about shoving bread in your mouth.

Haha... this became a sticky? But i lost my original question.

Last edited by OrngBalt; 05-28-2009 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-28-2009, 03:21 PM

so here is my problem and any help is much appriciated. i work out 6 days a week right now 1hour to 1.5 i have to take levothryoxin(sp) for my thryoid disorder. its hypo if your not that familiar its under active. so weight loss is hard for me. im takeing a whey potien shake 30 mins before and 15 after workout. i also eater about 30 mins after workout. try to eat fish and noodles and salad. i found something online and wanted to see what yall think about it. its called thyromine http://www.provenweightlossdietpills...dism/index.php

http://www.publichealthforums.com/p-...FQSF7QodJhpRzw
what do yall think. anything else i can take
Old 05-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss View Post
Ok, I have been working out for about 10 years. I went through the whole Body Building thing.. it is hard to keep that type of body unless you work out every day. I am now a fighter. MMA and I watch my diet and have dropped about 50 lbs in a year and honestly about half or a little more was actual muscle. I truly feel I look better now than I did when I was bulky and had huge arms and chest. I am 6'4 tall and can carry a lot of weight and still look good. But I honestly think that most people try to hard to gain muscle mass when It would be much easier to lose some body fat and do more circuit training. you will be much more defined and will be able to keep the muscle much easier. you may actually look better and feel better if you concentrate on your diet more than the actual lifting. I could go on forever about this but trust me when I say loose any body fat you have until you get to about 11-14% body fat. and then lift. you may not be as strong. but you will look better. Also, when I say circuit training, I mean use the Same weight for every exercise with very little rest between sets. (If any)
Here is my workout.

Run 1 mile (H.I.T) -sprint 200 meters, jog 200 meters
Grab a 60-70 lb ez curl bar.
Without rest do 8 reps of each.
Underhand row X 8
Upright Row X 8
Military Press X 8
Good Mornings X 8
Single leg Lunges 8 on each leg
Squat press X 8
Dead Lift X 8
One Min Rest... do three sets of each circuit

Then run one mile at as fast of a pace as possible without resting.

You will lose weight and get much stronger.. Trust me.

i like that. similar to what i do on legs and shoulders.. do you have chest arms and back day as well?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:43 PM

wow......lots of misinformation in this thread.

first you want to devise a workout plan. If you are trying to bulk you need to make sure you only work out one main muscle group a day. There are 3 main muscle groups. Chest, Back, and legs.

After that pair a supplemntal muscle group, for example when doing bench press you are also going to use you tri's, so do your tricept workout on the same day as your chest. Back with bicepts and legs and shoulders since shoulders can go with anything.

MAKE SURE YOU GIVE EACH MUSCLE GROUP 48 HOURS TO REBUILD AFTER WORKING IT.

If you are trying to build you need to eat a lot of calories, but not unhealthy artery clogging food. Increase your caloric intake to 4000-4500 calories a day. If that does not work go higher. I had to consume about 7500 calories a day to build like I wanted to. Eating that much is disguisting. but its effictive in gaining weight

If you are building you want to do 4-6 reps only. Do not go any higher than that, instead add weight.

For supplements, be careful. There is a lot of hype around products, do you research and you will be fine.

Anyone who said creatine does not work has obviously not used it correctly. You have to load up for a week, and keep your body saturated. With creatine it is vitally important to drink lots of water and stay away from caffinated drinks and alcohol as they dehydrate you. Creatine will give you an amazing pump, but you have to use it correctly to see ANY results.

depending on your age HGH and T-boosters might or might not be the way to go for you. If you are under 26 stay away from them as they can be harmful to your system and could cause longterm problems. If you are over 26 then they might give you that edge you need.

as far as protein is concerned you have a 15 minute anabolic window following directly after you workout, and it is important that you flood your system with protein and BCAAs in that window. You want a quick digesting protein. My personal favorite is Myozene. You will also want to get proten in your system right before you go to sleep because this is when your body is going to rebuild your muscles. A slow digesting protein here is best like a waxy maize.

Weight gainers can also help. There are many out there, look for one with less sugar though. I personally like Up Your Mass. and Serious Mass

There are many prework out supps that give you a better pump, more energy and better focus. But you have to be very careful with these. Some people can have no reaction at all while some people hold no tolerence what so ever. Be careful and research. Fusion Force and Nanovopor are nice but I had adverse reactions to Nanovapor

I use prosource.net for supplements and research and bodybuilding.com for more research.

but the most important thing is consistancy. does not matter what your diet is or what supplements you use if you do not bust your ass in the gym and get plenty of sleep afterwards.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned

wow......lots of misinformation in this thread.

first you want to devise a workout plan. If you are trying to bulk you need to make sure you only work out one main muscle group a day. There are 3 main muscle groups. Chest, Back, and legs.

After that pair a supplemntal muscle group, for example when doing bench press you are also going to use you tri's, so do your tricept workout on the same day as your chest. Back with bicepts and legs and shoulders since shoulders can go with anything.

MAKE SURE YOU GIVE EACH MUSCLE GROUP 48 HOURS TO REBUILD AFTER WORKING IT.

If you are trying to build you need to eat a lot of calories, but not unhealthy artery clogging food. Increase your caloric intake to 4000-4500 calories a day. If that does not work go higher. I had to consume about 7500 calories a day to build like I wanted to. Eating that much is disguisting. but its effictive in gaining weight

If you are building you want to do 4-6 reps only. Do not go any higher than that, instead add weight.

For supplements, be careful. There is a lot of hype around products, do you research and you will be fine.

Anyone who said creatine does not work has obviously not used it correctly. You have to load up for a week, and keep your body saturated. With creatine it is vitally important to drink lots of water and stay away from caffinated drinks and alcohol as they dehydrate you. Creatine will give you an amazing pump, but you have to use it correctly to see ANY results.

depending on your age HGH and T-boosters might or might not be the way to go for you. If you are under 26 stay away from them as they can be harmful to your system and could cause longterm problems. If you are over 26 then they might give you that edge you need.

as far as protein is concerned you have a 15 minute anabolic window following directly after you workout, and it is important that you flood your system with protein and BCAAs in that window. You want a quick digesting protein. My personal favorite is Myozene. You will also want to get proten in your system right before you go to sleep because this is when your body is going to rebuild your muscles. A slow digesting protein here is best like a waxy maize.

Weight gainers can also help. There are many out there, look for one with less sugar though. I personally like Up Your Mass. and Serious Mass

There are many prework out supps that give you a better pump, more energy and better focus. But you have to be very careful with these. Some people can have no reaction at all while some people hold no tolerence what so ever. Be careful and research. Fusion Force and Nanovopor are nice but I had adverse reactions to Nanovapor

I use prosource.net for supplements and research and bodybuilding.com for more research.

but the most important thing is consistancy. does not matter what your diet is or what supplements you use if you do not bust your ass in the gym and get plenty of sleep afterwards.

you can run and do abs daily. and if 48 hours aint enough time, take a NItric Oxide and quit being a *****.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:51 PM

there is alot of myths associated with creatine. creatine does not build water weight, it does not build muscle, and it is not a steroid. all it does is give your muscles the energy to contract. creatine phosphate is a molecule needed to turn ADP into ATP. ATP is needed for muscle contraction. once a muscle contracts the ATP has lost one phosphate molecule and forms into ADP.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:59 PM

you can run and do abs daily. and if 48 hours aint enough time, take a NItric Oxide and quit being a *****.
you can do abs, forarms and calves every day if you so wish.

but it is very important to get 48 hours between working the same muscle group, especially major muscle grousp.

and NO just gives you better pumps

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.