official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread - Page 3 - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread >

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Old 05-28-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Nato09 View Post
there is alot of myths associated with creatine. creatine does not build water weight, it does not build muscle, and it is not a steroid. all it does is give your muscles the energy to contract. creatine phosphate is a molecule needed to turn ADP into ATP. ATP is needed for muscle contraction. once a muscle contracts the ATP has lost one phosphate molecule and forms into ADP.
Finally someone who actually knows something about creatine in this thread. ATP is just the fuel your muscles use, and creatine increases your ATP. Your body already has creatine in it, and a creatine supplement will increase the amount your body stores, but only a small amount, however, it is pretty effective.

Rainmaker was right about everything he said, but honestly, if you are going on a cobalt site looking for workout instructions, you should not be taking any supplements besides a daily multivitamin and protein. Wait until you get into a good schedule for at least 2 months and then do your research for supplements. It is pointless to do supplements when you first start working out, because you do not gain muscle mass, you only train your muscle to allow yourself to lift more weight, that's why you'll see significant strength gains when you first start.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by URgfWaNtSME12 View Post
i like that. similar to what i do on legs and shoulders.. do you have chest arms and back day as well?
Yes. I should have mentioned. I But Legs on their own day and will do a Chest Triceps day as well. I also train Core (Abs) 3 times a week. My thing is, you should be able to get your whole workout done in about 35-40 min tops. any longer and you are resting to much. I am to the point where I do the workout I showed 4 times a week as a warm up and hit a cretin Body part HARD, do 4 extra chest or back sets as well.

Originally Posted by nosepressthebox View Post
Finally someone who actually knows something about creatine in this thread. ATP is just the fuel your muscles use, and creatine increases your ATP. Your body already has creatine in it, and a creatine supplement will increase the amount your body stores, but only a small amount, however, it is pretty effective.

Rainmaker was right about everything he said, but honestly, if you are going on a cobalt site looking for workout instructions, you should not be taking any supplements besides a daily multivitamin and protein. Wait until you get into a good schedule for at least 2 months and then do your research for supplements. It is pointless to do supplements when you first start working out, because you do not gain muscle mass, you only train your muscle to allow yourself to lift more weight, that's why you'll see significant strength gains when you first start.
I agree 100% altho I must say that Creatine is one of the most usefull suplements by far.. along with BCAA's and a good Protein powder. you can add N.O but not needed.

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker View Post
wow......lots of misinformation in this thread.

first you want to devise a workout plan. If you are trying to bulk you need to make sure you only work out one main muscle group a day. There are 3 main muscle groups. Chest, Back, and legs.

After that pair a supplemntal muscle group, for example when doing bench press you are also going to use you tri's, so do your tricept workout on the same day as your chest. Back with bicepts and legs and shoulders since shoulders can go with anything.

MAKE SURE YOU GIVE EACH MUSCLE GROUP 48 HOURS TO REBUILD AFTER WORKING IT.

If you are trying to build you need to eat a lot of calories, but not unhealthy artery clogging food. Increase your caloric intake to 4000-4500 calories a day. If that does not work go higher. I had to consume about 7500 calories a day to build like I wanted to. Eating that much is disguisting. but its effictive in gaining weight

If you are building you want to do 4-6 reps only. Do not go any higher than that, instead add weight.

For supplements, be careful. There is a lot of hype around products, do you research and you will be fine.

Anyone who said creatine does not work has obviously not used it correctly. You have to load up for a week, and keep your body saturated. With creatine it is vitally important to drink lots of water and stay away from caffinated drinks and alcohol as they dehydrate you. Creatine will give you an amazing pump, but you have to use it correctly to see ANY results.

depending on your age HGH and T-boosters might or might not be the way to go for you. If you are under 26 stay away from them as they can be harmful to your system and could cause longterm problems. If you are over 26 then they might give you that edge you need.

as far as protein is concerned you have a 15 minute anabolic window following directly after you workout, and it is important that you flood your system with protein and BCAAs in that window. You want a quick digesting protein. My personal favorite is Myozene. You will also want to get proten in your system right before you go to sleep because this is when your body is going to rebuild your muscles. A slow digesting protein here is best like a waxy maize.

Weight gainers can also help. There are many out there, look for one with less sugar though. I personally like Up Your Mass. and Serious Mass

There are many prework out supps that give you a better pump, more energy and better focus. But you have to be very careful with these. Some people can have no reaction at all while some people hold no tolerence what so ever. Be careful and research. Fusion Force and Nanovopor are nice but I had adverse reactions to Nanovapor

I use prosource.net for supplements and research and bodybuilding.com for more research.

but the most important thing is consistancy. does not matter what your diet is or what supplements you use if you do not bust your ass in the gym and get plenty of sleep afterwards.

I agree with everything but the Calorie intake part. everyones intake is difftrent 4,000 to 4,500 is not accurate. there is no number that will work for everyone. the best way I have found to estimate this is to take your body weight and multiply it by 15. mine would be 185 times 15. that would be 2775 calories I need to eat to maintain you increase or decrease your intake by 500 to gain mass or loss mass. so if I were to eat 4,500 calories I would obviously be way over eating and i would put on a ton of weight. I hope this makes sence to everyone. the main thing to remember is that everyone is different. you need to just go for a while and see how you feel. learn about yourself and go from there. Good Luck.

and NO just gives you better pumps[/QUOTE]

NO does give you better pumps but it also allows for better focus (For most People) and helps with delivering nutrients through your body. (protein)

Last edited by widebody_balt_ss; 05-28-2009 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 PM

So I didnt read ALL of the posts but everyone is talking about getting on supplements and protein and all that.. but noone really talks about what you are actually eating. You cant get into tip top shape unless if you change your diet as well... You may can build muscle and all that but you are going to do some definite damage to your heart and **** if you dont start eating right
Old 05-28-2009, 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by silver06cobalt View Post
So I didnt read ALL of the posts but everyone is talking about getting on supplements and protein and all that.. but noone really talks about what you are actually eating. You cant get into tip top shape unless if you change your diet as well... You may can build muscle and all that but you are going to do some definite damage to your heart and **** if you dont start eating right
Thats actually exactly what I said. (read about how I think thats more important than Bulking up) I think diet is way more important than people want you to think.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:01 PM

Your body produces its own Creatine, thats why its bad to take it because your body will see you are getting access of it and stop producing it on its own. Then you have to take it all the time so that your body has it.

If you want to build up then use heavy weights. Machines can bulk you up but its not as intense.

Less weight + more reps = toned up
Heavy weights + less reps = bulk

Machine = for women. You should take up boxing too. its an extreme workout! i had free boxing for a year at the gym and thats why i took it. but it was too intense...the good part about is is that you learn how to knock someone out too.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss View Post
Thats actually exactly what I said. (read about how I think thats more important than Bulking up) I think diet is way more important than people want you to think.
I wasnt saying that noone had said it.. just that everyone was putting too much emphasis on supplements and not enough on diet
Old 05-28-2009, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss View Post

I agree with everything but the Calorie intake part. everyones intake is difftrent 4,000 to 4,500 is not accurate. there is no number that will work for everyone. the best way I have found to estimate this is to take your body weight and multiply it by 15. mine would be 185 times 15. that would be 2775 calories I need to eat to maintain you increase or decrease your intake by 500 to gain mass or loss mass. so if I were to eat 4,500 calories I would obviously be way over eating and i would put on a ton of weight. I hope this makes sence to everyone. the main thing to remember is that everyone is different. you need to just go for a while and see how you feel. learn about yourself and go from there. Good Luck.
it is generally accepted that a 180 pound hard gainer will sustain at 2800 calories. and will lose at 2200. think, the typical diet is 2000 calories, and your telling me you can gain by just having 800 more? while working out strenously? and being a hard gainer?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by Frank2029 View Post
Your body produces its own Creatine, thats why its bad to take it because your body will see you are getting access of it and stop producing it on its own. Then you have to take it all the time so that your body has it.
Haha, if your body stops producing ATP, you will be dead. That's what causes rigor mortis actually. Creatine is not testosterone, not even close.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by nosepressthebox View Post
Haha, if your body stops producing ATP, you will be dead. That's what causes rigor mortis actually. Creatine is not testosterone, not even close.
Well i guess i should of said it doesn't produce as much afterwords...i was told by a Personal Trainer and other people who have taken it...but to be honest i dont really know since there is SOOOO many myth revolving around losing weight OR building mass. So many products and what not and most of it is all a scam
Old 05-28-2009, 10:31 PM

Just cycle creatine.
2 months on 1 month off.
I tried it out and worked out fine.
Started weighing 132 and ended up weighing 151 in about 2-3 months.
Of course, diet and lifting was a very important part.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:07 PM

this got stickied?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:17 PM

currently i take
weight loss stuff

for after work out
banana and some portein (amped somethinglol)
Old 05-28-2009, 11:24 PM

nice to see this section..

i was 355 last summer around this time..

im now 200lb and have bulk lol
Old 05-28-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by bigbuzzum View Post

wow... congrats... 155 lbs in a year is a ton... what you do? what you change?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by bigbuzzum View Post

HOLY ****!! congrats. How the heck did you mange that?
Old 05-29-2009, 12:08 AM

everything.. complete diet change, and started lifting a ton...

Here is a b4 and after for ya...

Old 05-29-2009, 09:31 AM
Banned

^^awesome Congrats!
Old 05-29-2009, 10:28 AM

theres only one question i really got, when i go to work, its a full work out, at what point do i take protein then?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS View Post
why take creatine at all stuff is horrible bad for you...

My advise go with a low weight high rep workout, take protein shakes, pills whatever you want, and use a fat burning additive...
I don't get it? why is creatinine bad for you? its an amino acid your body can easily break down and create protein with. protein can then be used in 90% of all your cellular functions, whether its active/ passive transport, cellular repiration, cell division, cell to cell recognition, anti-bodies, cell membranes important features, cellular machinery (organelles). muscle cells have lots of organelles in them, mitochondrion... These create the energy, ATP molecules that your entire body requires to get work done. This also includes cellular functions like active transport and NOT to mention glycolysis and the Kreb cycle and cellular respiration. These are the steps to making that said energy, BUT it requires energy in order to make energy. The only thing is you get a net positive gain of ATP compared to the spent ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate).

You are correct sir in saying you must break muscle fibers inorder to recreated longer muscle fiber bundles. Thats how muscle grows. To build muscle you should find you max load when lifting weights for all the exercises you practice.

MAX load = most you can lift in 1-3 reps before giving up. If you can do more than 3 reps add 5Ibs to your load and try again after a good rest.

After finding your max load do 60-70% of that load in 3 sets of 8-10 reps
makes sure to take a 90 second break in between sets! important not to damage your muscles.

Take Creatinine or creatine, what ever the market calls the stuff, its simply the easiest mass produced amino acid you can make and sell cheap. take it twice a day when you work out, once in the morning, and once sometime after your work out.
Take it once a day on your downtime days from the gym.

Make sure to only go to the gym 3-4 days a week, and NEVER in a row. Your body needs a days break in between workouts in order to recouperate all that destroyed muscle fiber bundles.

Also make sure to include 20-30mins of cardio after lifting weights and STRETCH!
Old 05-29-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CudaJoe View Post
I don't get it? why is creatinine bad for you? its an amino acid your body can easily break down and create protein with. protein can then be used in 90% of all your cellular functions, whether its active/ passive transport, cellular repiration, cell division, cell to cell recognition, anti-bodies, cell membranes important features, cellular machinery (organelles). muscle cells have lots of organelles in them, mitochondrion... These create the energy, ATP molecules that your entire body requires to get work done. This also includes cellular functions like active transport and NOT to mention glycolysis and the Kreb cycle and cellular respiration. These are the steps to making that said energy, BUT it requires energy in order to make energy. The only thing is you get a net positive gain of ATP compared to the spent ATP (Adenosine Triphosphate).

You are correct sir in saying you must break muscle fibers inorder to recreated longer muscle fiber bundles. Thats how muscle grows. To build muscle you should find you max load when lifting weights for all the exercises you practice.

MAX load = most you can lift in 1-3 reps before giving up. If you can do more than 3 reps add 5Ibs to your load and try again after a good rest.

After finding your max load do 60-70% of that load in 3 sets of 8-10 reps
makes sure to take a 90 second break in between sets! important not to damage your muscles.

Take Creatinine or creatine, what ever the market calls the stuff, its simply the easiest mass produced amino acid you can make and sell cheap. take it twice a day when you work out, once in the morning, and once sometime after your work out.
Take it once a day on your downtime days from the gym.

Make sure to only go to the gym 3-4 days a week, and NEVER in a row. Your body needs a days break in between workouts in order to recouperate all that destroyed muscle fiber bundles.

Also make sure to include 20-30mins of cardio after lifting weights and STRETCH!

does it matter, b4 or after?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by silver187666 View Post
theres only one question i really got, when i go to work, its a full work out, at what point do i take protein then?
preotein should be taken directly after working out. and directly before sleeping.

and maje sure you have a high protein diet throughout the day
Old 05-29-2009, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker View Post
preotein should be taken directly after working out. and directly before sleeping.

and maje sure you have a high protein diet throughout the day
problem is the hour lunch that i get to relax on, but ill start taking my protein before bed,
Old 05-29-2009, 12:00 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WzKDdj0CxY

but seriously great thread. some good info here guys, thanks.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by silver187666 View Post
problem is the hour lunch that i get to relax on, but ill start taking my protein before bed,
why is your lunch a problem I dont understand
Old 05-29-2009, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by URgfWaNtSME12 View Post
does it matter, b4 or after?

Well the reason I say after is, if you do cardio like I do running a 5K in 22 minutes (thats 3.14 miles) then most likely you'll be exhausted, and lifting heavy weights may be dangerous, especially free weights. The other bonus to doing cardio after is it gets you blood moving which makes stretching easier and less painful AND when your bloods moving, you will be releasing muscle fatigue quicker by replacing deoxygenated blood with oxygenated blood and reducing lactic acid build up quicker. It's known that it is better to do cardio after lifting.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.