official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread - Page 7 - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread >

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:00 PM
  #151  
Senior Member
 
cblt12's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-05
Location: Socal
Posts: 4,368
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ive been workin my ass off in the gym lately. been lifting for a couple years, but the past few months ive really been bustin my ass. ive gone from 179 to 184 and put up a couple personal best.
225x9 bench press(225x3 in jan)
225x6 incline press
145x3 clean and press
205x5 barbell rows
i have two goals that id like to reach before the end of the year. 315x1 bench press and 185x1 clean and press
cblt12 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 05:29 PM
  #152  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-11-06
Location: Chesterfield, MI
Posts: 536
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For those of you who have done P90X:

1. What additional costs are there to the program aside from the food and the program itself? (i.e. how much will you spend in buying weights, etc. and what do you need to buy?)

2. What kind of supplements will aid the results from P90X?
NOS2006 is offline  
Old 08-04-2009, 08:41 PM
  #153  
Senior Member
iTrader: (11)
 
JGoodman07SC's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-03-09
Location: MT. AIRY ,MD
Posts: 1,990
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
all natural way eat about double you carolie intake , eat alot , lots lots lots lots , then do your work out then protein shake afterwards . trust me it worked for me

its really about what you eat , lots of protein full foods and omega 3 foods

Last edited by JGoodman07SC; 08-04-2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
JGoodman07SC is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 09:53 AM
  #154  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-11-06
Location: Chesterfield, MI
Posts: 536
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well I decided to start P90X on Monday, watching my calories and all. I'm not exactly "fat" to start, I've got an average, slightly athletic build, just with a little bit of fat. Not a lot, and not enough to really complain about, but still... the main point of me doing this is to lose what I've got.

So Sunday night I weighed in at 151.4 lbs, and this morning (after only 3 days of exercise and watching what I eat) I weighed in at 147.2 lbs, a loss of 4.2 lbs. And my body is sore all over, so I can feel it working too!
NOS2006 is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 11:47 AM
  #155  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: clovis, NM
Posts: 4,464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NOS2006 View Post
Well I decided to start P90X on Monday, watching my calories and all. I'm not exactly "fat" to start, I've got an average, slightly athletic build, just with a little bit of fat. Not a lot, and not enough to really complain about, but still... the main point of me doing this is to lose what I've got.

So Sunday night I weighed in at 151.4 lbs, and this morning (after only 3 days of exercise and watching what I eat) I weighed in at 147.2 lbs, a loss of 4.2 lbs. And my body is sore all over, so I can feel it working too!
way to go man.

as for what weights you need, I would suggest buying a couple spin lock adjustable dubbells at wallmart. buying weights wit NOT be cheap. about $1.00 a pound. but if you really want the best results, you have to push yourself every time
the_rainmaker is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 11:56 AM
  #156  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Location: Waupun, WI!
Posts: 2,435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well i started watching what i eat around 3 months ago..while still having fun and being an average teenager.

i weighed 230 just before i graduated high school. As i sit now on my fat ass lol i weight 194!

I can tell i lost weight big time..gotten alot of complitments to.
I just cut out ALOT of my sugar, ALOT of fast food. Ate less..didn't eat before bed. Drank water more than soda. Ate healthier.

When i get paid i am gona get a membership down at the gym..so i can start running and all
Preston is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:00 PM
  #157  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: clovis, NM
Posts: 4,464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
Well i started watching what i eat around 3 months ago..while still having fun and being an average teenager.

i weighed 230 just before i graduated high school. As i sit now on my fat ass lol i weight 194!

I can tell i lost weight big time..gotten alot of complitments to.
I just cut out ALOT of my sugar, ALOT of fast food. Ate less..didn't eat before bed. Drank water more than soda. Ate healthier.

When i get paid i am gona get a membership down at the gym..so i can start running and all
preview ALL the gyms in your area. and talk to all the owners/operators. I prefer a small gym with fewer people. you may not be the same. Also dont just go with the cheapest gym, when it comes to workign out, I am willing to pay extra to work out at the place with the nicest stuff.
Just a few words of wisdom!
the_rainmaker is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:03 PM
  #158  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Location: Waupun, WI!
Posts: 2,435
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the_rainmaker View Post
preview ALL the gyms in your area. and talk to all the owners/operators. I prefer a small gym with fewer people. you may not be the same. Also dont just go with the cheapest gym, when it comes to workign out, I am willing to pay extra to work out at the place with the nicest stuff.
Just a few words of wisdom!
well i had a membership at a gym when i was in football..it had everything i needed and more..i am probably gonna go there.

Anytime fitness..probably heard of it?

everyone says there not good..but i think they are. to each his own.
Preston is offline  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:26 PM
  #159  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: clovis, NM
Posts: 4,464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Preston View Post
well i had a membership at a gym when i was in football..it had everything i needed and more..i am probably gonna go there.

Anytime fitness..probably heard of it?

everyone says there not good..but i think they are. to each his own.
nope never heard of it....
the_rainmaker is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:58 AM
  #160  
Member
 
Join Date: 10-27-07
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 248
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ew god. Avoid Anytime Fitness at all costs. They make you sign a gym contract (who the hell does that) and they make you do automatic payments through checking and if you don't it's a pain in the ass completely. Plus there facilities are horrid and small and it's expensive.

Plus all the owners are douche nozzles.

Terrible, terrible business.
BigEMU1 is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:36 PM
  #161  
Senior Member
 
OrngBalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-07
Location: West Babylon, NY
Posts: 5,893
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey guys... someone asked me this the other day and I couldn't come up with an answer.

they wanted to know the difference between doing pushups with your legs spread about 2-3 feet compared to having them straight together. Anyone got an answer?
OrngBalt is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 12:56 PM
  #162  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: clovis, NM
Posts: 4,464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OrngBalt View Post
hey guys... someone asked me this the other day and I couldn't come up with an answer.

they wanted to know the difference between doing pushups with your legs spread about 2-3 feet compared to having them straight together. Anyone got an answer?
balance.

with your legs spread your stabalizing yourself.

with together you have to flex pretty much your whole body, to keep a rigid frame while doing the push ups. This is more difficult. you can actually get a little mini ab workout from pushups if your flexing the whole time

Originally Posted by BigEMU1 View Post
Ew god. Avoid Anytime Fitness at all costs. They make you sign a gym contract (who the hell does that) and they make you do automatic payments through checking and if you don't it's a pain in the ass completely. Plus there facilities are horrid and small and it's expensive.

Plus all the owners are douche nozzles.

Terrible, terrible business.
yeah.... i am not a big fan of contracts

Last edited by the_rainmaker; 08-07-2009 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
the_rainmaker is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 02:00 PM
  #163  
Senior Member
 
OrngBalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-07
Location: West Babylon, NY
Posts: 5,893
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^ thanks... makes sense. Legs spread you can focus more on the chest. Together you are working smaller muscles as well.

thanks bro
OrngBalt is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 02:44 PM
  #164  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: clovis, NM
Posts: 4,464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OrngBalt View Post
^^^ thanks... makes sense. Legs spread you can focus more on the chest. Together you are working smaller muscles as well.

thanks bro
eh i would say feet together you are isolating the effort more and making it more intense for the chest and tri's
the_rainmaker is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
  #165  
Senior Member
 
chipsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-02-05
Location: The East Coast
Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Along the lines of push ups, if you want a fantastic over all workout, find your self a set of steps.
Then, elevate your feet by putting them on the second step, while placing your hands on the ground below the steps.
Then, do your push ups, with one slight modification. Push off the ground and clap your hands together with each one.

It gets hard REAL quick, so dont over do it, because the last thing you want is to not be able to get your hands back down in time.

Seriously though, it is an awesome workout! Feet together also since it is relevant.
chipsgt is offline  
Old 08-07-2009, 04:21 PM
  #166  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: clovis, NM
Posts: 4,464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chipsgt View Post
Along the lines of push ups, if you want a fantastic over all workout, find your self a set of steps.
Then, elevate your feet by putting them on the second step, while placing your hands on the ground below the steps.
Then, do your push ups, with one slight modification. Push off the ground and clap your hands together with each one.

It gets hard REAL quick, so dont over do it, because the last thing you want is to not be able to get your hands back down in time.

Seriously though, it is an awesome workout! Feet together also since it is relevant.
yeah you can do incline pushups and decline pushups for a change up.

I have also found that pushup bars work WONDERS. I have a set that allows me to go down about another 6 inches and the working intensity goes up crazy!
the_rainmaker is offline  
Old 09-01-2009, 08:01 PM
  #167  
New Member
 
Join Date: 09-11-08
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my favorite creatine is Size On by gaspari. You gotta eat like a horse to bulk up. Drink protein shakes. Whey protein after workout and Casein protein before bed. I drink muscle milk before bed. If you still cant bulk up then id say do a prohormone if your over 21. You got to stay committed to the cycle tho and do it right. There is alot of different legal prohormones that not many people know about. PM me if you want and i can set you up with a good beginners cycle. But you must know that every cycle has to be followed by post cycle therapy, to get your testosterone levels right and what not. I can help you with that as well. Let me know if you or anyone needs help with anything
briggs_power is offline  
Old 09-02-2009, 04:27 PM
  #168  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: clovis, NM
Posts: 4,464
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by briggs_power View Post
my favorite creatine is Size On by gaspari. You gotta eat like a horse to bulk up. Drink protein shakes. Whey protein after workout and Casein protein before bed. I drink muscle milk before bed. If you still cant bulk up then id say do a prohormone if your over 21. You got to stay committed to the cycle tho and do it right. There is alot of different legal prohormones that not many people know about. PM me if you want and i can set you up with a good beginners cycle. But you must know that every cycle has to be followed by post cycle therapy, to get your testosterone levels right and what not. I can help you with that as well. Let me know if you or anyone needs help with anything
I would say that with the exception of a handful of people on this site, prohormones would be a bad idea.

And when it comes down to it, if your not building size its because your not getting enough
1. Calories
2. Protien
3. Sleep
4. Heavy lifting
the_rainmaker is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 01:06 AM
  #169  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Dragonsfire12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: San Antonio,TX
Posts: 5,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey everyone I was wondering if I can get some diet help. I started P90X and today was my 2nd day, I completely cut off soda, and drinking nothing but good old H2O..... so.... I was wondering what I should eat for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.....

breakfast- I work in a restraunt so I have eggs, white bread(toasted), and cereal available...
lunch- I can eat at home when I get off work
dinner- I can eat pretty much anything
Dragonsfire12345 is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 01:10 AM
  #170  
Senior Member
 
Tazman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-07-09
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,811
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i would eat wheat bread not white go with whole grains. for lunch i eat brown rice and chicken breast with low sodium soy sauce and dinner something light and not to much fat in it.
Tazman89 is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 01:29 AM
  #171  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Dragonsfire12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: San Antonio,TX
Posts: 5,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what about granola cereal for breakfast....
and turkey breast or chicken breast sandwich for lunch on wheat bread of course.
Dragonsfire12345 is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 01:32 AM
  #172  
Senior Member
 
Tazman89's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-07-09
Location: chicago
Posts: 1,811
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
granola is ok it has some sugar you want to cut as much sugar as possible and a sandwich is fine just no mayo or miricle whip
Tazman89 is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 01:37 AM
  #173  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Dragonsfire12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-01-05
Location: San Antonio,TX
Posts: 5,446
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no worries on the mayo, I HATE it lol.....
Dragonsfire12345 is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
  #174  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-08-07
Location: Far from you
Posts: 5,792
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Woohoo! I just thought I'd stop in and say that if you guys are lookin' for weight loss and not muscle building, get the Rx Phentermine (20 mg or 37.5 mg). I've been taking it since last Saturday and I've lost 7 pounds already (yes, I know most is water weight, but my jeans are gettin' more comfy ). Just do some research about the Rx and see if it's right for you.
cgrammer is offline  
Old 09-11-2009, 10:18 AM
  #175  
Senior Member
 
chipsgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-02-05
Location: The East Coast
Posts: 2,899
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I typically for breakfast have a cup and a half of fat free cottage cheese, and a handful of shredded wheat mixed in.
Its a good balance of carbs/protein.

Plus, cottage cheese is (I think) the only natural protein that also includes glutamine, which will speed up muscle recovery.
chipsgt is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.