Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread >

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Old 09-11-2009, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ive taken alot of different fat burners and i dont really think they do much, but if they work for you thats great another thing i do is i take n.o. explode bsn makes it it has alot of caffine and ever since i started taking it i lost a good amount of weight.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:02 PM

well summer is over so its time to get big!!!
ive been doin 6-10 reps for the past few months while eating around 3k calories just to stay in summer shape. my plan is to get a bit stronger with some lower reps (1-5) for the next month while eating about 4k calories. then really pump up working in the 4-8 rep range while bumping up the cals to 5k. im 183 right now at about 10-11% bf and my goal is to be 200 at 12-13% by the end of november.
i know its gonna take a lot of work but i think i can do it.
i also clean and jerked 175 the other day and my goal for the end of the year is 185 my other lifting goal was to put up 315 on the bench one time by the end of the year but i dont think im gonna get there, im at 275 right now.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Thread Killer
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Tazman89 View Post
ive taken alot of different fat burners and i dont really think they do much, but if they work for you thats great another thing i do is i take n.o. explode bsn makes it it has alot of caffine and ever since i started taking it i lost a good amount of weight.

In all honestly, NO Xplode doesn't have hardly any caffiene (if any at all) It contains some B vitamins and some vaso dialators to pump up your blood vessels. Its meant to be taken as a Pre-workout supplement. I have take it and personally it doesn't do much for me other then maybe a little endurance. But thats just a personal opinion. I know other people that have taken it and had AMAZING results. its all a matter of how your body takes and uses it.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:19 PM

i need a hardgainers guide
that has in mind that
people have jobs and family
so they cant go to the gym
all the time.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:05 AM

I got two words for wieght loss and muscle gain...........Martial Arts
Old 11-07-2009, 11:24 AM

i need weight gain and muscle gain =p
Old 11-08-2009, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Omnigear View Post
i need a hardgainers guide
that has in mind that
people have jobs and family
so they cant go to the gym
all the time.
everyone is a hardgainer, gaining muscle is hard work... just eat a lot of good quality food... protien, carbs, and fats... and get a good workout routine going working with less than 10 reps... you will start to put on some muscle pretty quick youre pretty small
Old 12-04-2009, 11:18 PM

Buy the book "Nutrient Timing." I'm a pretty serious weightlifter and it has worked for me. I go on bulks and cuts, lose 30lbs in 2 months, gain 30lbs over the course of one season, blah blah... I'm not gonna go into detail, but a solid start would be to continue doing compound exercises (deadlifts/bench press, etc), consuming 1g per 1lb of body mass every day, and especially take in a 1g whey protein/3g fast-burning carbs ratio within 45min of your final rep in the gym. I read early in this thread "high reps/light weight" is for definition... Bluntly stated, that's BS. That statement along with "spot-reduction" weight-loss (ripped abs with crunches, no-flab arms with tricep exts) are the two biggest scams in the exercise world. In all honesty, don't believe 80% of what you read on the internet unless it;s from a reputable site (not forums). I know that means you shouldn't listen to me, so don't. That's why I opened this response with a book you should read. You'll find the same information and more. Good luck and have fun doing it. Nothing is more rewarding than your health, not even attaining the quickest Cobalt on the planet lol.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:31 AM

i need weight gain and muscle gain =p
Eat. Lift. Sleep.

If your a hardgainer then you need to really focus on those three things. Eat until your sick. I had to consume almost 6000 calories a day to get to the size I wanted.
Originally Posted by cblt12 View Post
everyone is a hardgainer, gaining muscle is hard work... just eat a lot of good quality food... protien, carbs, and fats... and get a good workout routine going working with less than 10 reps... you will start to put on some muscle pretty quick youre pretty small
Not eveyone is a hardgainer.

Hardgainer is a body type.
For example, if a fat guy and a skinny guy start lifting at the same size, the big guy will have much more mass because he already has the size, whereas a small guy prolly wont put on a lot of meat, he has to out eat his metabolism.

Originally Posted by sdmws6 View Post
Buy the book "Nutrient Timing." I'm a pretty serious weightlifter and it has worked for me. I go on bulks and cuts, lose 30lbs in 2 months, gain 30lbs over the course of one season, blah blah... I'm not gonna go into detail, but a solid start would be to continue doing compound exercises (deadlifts/bench press, etc), consuming 1g per 1lb of body mass every day, and especially take in a 1g whey protein/3g fast-burning carbs ratio within 45min of your final rep in the gym. I read early in this thread "high reps/light weight" is for definition... Bluntly stated, that's BS. That statement along with "spot-reduction" weight-loss (ripped abs with crunches, no-flab arms with tricep exts) are the two biggest scams in the exercise world. In all honesty, don't believe 80% of what you read on the internet unless it;s from a reputable site (not forums). I know that means you shouldn't listen to me, so don't. That's why I opened this response with a book you should read. You'll find the same information and more. Good luck and have fun doing it. Nothing is more rewarding than your health, not even attaining the quickest Cobalt on the planet lol.

Just curious, but how long have you been lifting Mr "serious weightlifter"

And a lighter weight with higher reps is for defination.

What your talking about is bodybuilding workouts.

In otherwords, Show Muscle.

There is a difference between lifting for solid functionality, and lfting to look like you lift.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From my own personal experience. When I want to get definition before a comp, I don't change anything about my workout just my diet. I have never done and light weight/high rep workout and I still get shredded. Of course I cannot say this would work for anyone other then myself.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:56 PM
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Crossfit FTW
Old 12-07-2009, 07:59 PM

sexy body crew checkin in
Old 12-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Platinum Member

Anyone try the GNC Amplified N.O. Loaded?

I like it alot better than that nasty tasting Superpump 250 lol.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Black SS/SC 06 View Post

my best friend used to take that i believe.. think it worked for him. im a no supplement lifter so i wouldnt know.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:37 PM

try Fusion Force, its amazing
Old 12-08-2009, 06:38 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker View Post
try Fusion Force, its amazing
Who makes it?
Old 12-08-2009, 06:52 PM

Who makes it?
Bioquest. Its my favorite preworkout. Its stronger and easier on the stomach for me than NO explode.

and just as a general rule, dont touch anything from GNC. Look online.

prosource.net or bodybuilding.com
Old 12-08-2009, 06:54 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by the_rainmaker View Post
Bioquest. Its my favorite preworkout. Its stronger and easier on the stomach for me than NO explode.

and just as a general rule, dont touch anything from GNC. Look online.

prosource.net or bodybuilding.com
Yea I usually buy online. Either from bodybuilding.com or allstarhealth.com.

This stuff was new so I decided to try it. It's not too bad.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:13 PM

but aint it cheaper at gnc if you add shipping to buyin online?

it sucks being a hardgainer i stop working out for a week i lose
most of what i gained. my metabolisim just eats it all out even
with the same food consumption when i work out.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Platinum Member

Yea I have a GNC card so it helps somewhat. You can still find better deals online though. Depends on if I want to wait for the stuff to ship or not lol.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:55 PM

i cant wait for stuff to ship lol i only use bsn and it works for me! im gonna try not using supplements for a while and just eat chicken and brown rice i want to get cut so lots of cardio i guess
Old 12-08-2009, 10:48 PM

but aint it cheaper at gnc if you add shipping to buyin online?

it sucks being a hardgainer i stop working out for a week i lose
most of what i gained. my metabolisim just eats it all out even
with the same food consumption when i work out.
Even with shipping ordering online is TONS cheaper than shopping at GNC.

And man thats the thing about lifting, most of us do not have good enough genetics to not workout and retaing our muscle. Its a lifestyle

Originally Posted by Tazman89 View Post
i cant wait for stuff to ship lol i only use bsn and it works for me! im gonna try not using supplements for a while and just eat chicken and brown rice i want to get cut so lots of cardio i guess
Just order ahead, I time it to where new stuff is comming in just before I run out.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:56 PM

Yea I usually buy online. Either from bodybuilding.com (they sell roids) or allstarhealth.com(they also sell roids).

This stuff was new so I decided to try it. It's not too bad.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:37 AM

So my whole life i have always been skinny, really skinny. I could never put on weight and from 9th grade to 12grade of highschool i only put on 9 pounds lol. When i started college at 18 i was 5'8" and 130 pounds. I started going to the gym 5 days a week and eating like a horse. After 9 months of going to the gym 5 days a week and drinking a weight gainer once a day (800 calories, 66g protein), so after all that i gained 6 pounds. 6 pounds in 9 months lmao.

So after that i decided to quit it just wasnt happening. I went about a year and a half without ever going to the gym. so i decided to give it a go again.

Thats what i looked lik in August of 2009. 5 foot 8 129 pounds, according to the doctor i was 4 pounds away from being considered anorexia for my hight and age. That is with no physical activites at all pretty much lol. So i tried hitting the gym again.

When i went back to the gym the first month (september) i took creatine and ate like crazy. i was gaining weight pretty fast. in about 3 weeks i went from 129 to 137. I then decided to stop using the creatine because it was really ****** my stomach up. So i went all of october with no creatine and just ate like no tomorrow. even with stopping use of creatine i still put on pounds, not as fast though. At the end of october i was about 140. Now halfway through december im 145 pounds.

This was a pic from middle of November, i know its not the best of pics but you can see my arms are starting to get bigger.

So id say creatine definatly helped put on the weight, and once i stopped using it i didn lose the weight either. But it did really fck my stomach up bad. i had cramps all day every day. im going to try and take it again in january and see wht happenes.

But my advice for wanting to get big is to lift heavy with fewer reps and do alot of things to failure, you need to really rip your muscles to get bigger, so working something till failure is a great way to shock your muscles and make them bigger.

Also the best workouts you can do for building mass are Squat, deadlift, bench press, and military press. And also when you are working a body part out and your going for mass instead of definition it is better to do workouts that target more then one area, like pushups, chin ups, bench press, etc...
Old 12-15-2009, 03:30 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I do like 3 sets of 30 nice formed sit ups everyday to get a flatter stomach but i do not diet and my only exercise is sex lmao i'm 5'4 and 130 lbs am i gunna get anywhere with these crunches lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: official weight loss/health care/weightlifting thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.