The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

vick vs. stallworth

Old 06-17-2009, 01:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vick vs. stallworth

i'm a little late to seeing what the actual verdict was in the donte stallworth case, so forgive me on the lateness of this thread.. BUT..

how the **** does vick get 23 months in jail for his crimes, and lying about his crimes, and donte stallworth killed a HUMAN being while drunk driving and gets 30 days in jail???!!.. wtf. i have a friend that got a DUI and got 3 days in jail, and she did not kill anyone or hell even wreck for that matter. if stallworth is allowed to play a single game this year i'm ****** goin to cleveland and boycotting!

since when did the value of a dogs life become more valuable than that of a human being, and i dont buy this "he got a lighter punishment because he was remorsefull" bullshit. screw that..

thoughts, comments...
Old 06-17-2009, 01:39 AM

Vick said sorry too didnt he?

I wonder if he will come back to the NFL.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:40 AM

thats our great laws we have here....
Old 06-17-2009, 01:42 AM

Donte made a big pay off to the victiams family.. so maybe thats why
Old 06-17-2009, 01:45 AM

Was he drunk when he hit that guy?
Old 06-17-2009, 01:49 AM

^^ yeah DUI
Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by cincybalt View Post
i'm a little late to seeing what the actual verdict was in the donte stallworth case, so forgive me on the lateness of this thread.. BUT..

how the **** does vick get 23 months in jail for his crimes, and lying about his crimes, and donte stallworth killed a HUMAN being while drunk driving and gets 30 days in jail???!!.. wtf. i have a friend that got a DUI and got 3 days in jail, and she did not kill anyone or hell even wreck for that matter. if stallworth is allowed to play a single game this year i'm ****** goin to cleveland and boycotting!

since when did the value of a dogs life become more valuable than that of a human being, and i dont buy this "he got a lighter punishment because he was remorsefull" bullshit. screw that..

thoughts, comments...
Donte took full responsibility.

Complied with Authorities

Never left the scene

no prior criminal record

And that big payout prolly help too

Vick:
Lied I believe twice before he took full responsibility

Apparently animals are more important than humans.

But from what I heard, Donte has lost his license for LIFE. And he still has yet to be suspended from the league.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:00 AM

Donte did lose his license for life but it also said eventually he might be able to get a Occupational License so he can drive to work. and yeah his BAC was like .124 or something and the legal limit is .08
Old 06-17-2009, 09:42 AM

Yea welcome to the wonderful justice system..

Kill someone while drunk and you dont do much time. A guy killed my mother and grandmother cause he was drunk and decided he didnt need to stop at a red light, ended up t-boning them into a school bus and the guy only got a little over a year in prison..

Our laws are all based on culpability. If you MEAN to do something then you are going to get more time for the crime, than if it was something that you did while you were being reckless..

******* ridiculous if you ask me
Old 06-17-2009, 09:44 AM
Banned

Donte should be in jail for 10-20 years imo
Old 06-17-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by brickerenator View Post
I agree..
Old 06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
Banned

Oh and Hinckley is going to get out of the mental hospital

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/06/17/john.hinckley/
Old 06-17-2009, 09:49 AM

ha.. wonderful..
Old 06-17-2009, 10:03 AM

i agree that he took responsibility ans all that but jesus, he killed someone. i just cant fathom that..
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 AM

Again.. its all about culpability with our laws.. if you didnt mean to do something then you likely are going to get a much smaller sentence
Old 06-17-2009, 10:04 AM

You guys are ALL off.

Donte Stallworth's crime wasn't premeditated. He didn't hop in a car and say, "Time to go kill someone!".

Michael Vick KNEW what he was doing. He WANTED to kill all those dogs. He INTENTIONALLY killed all those dogs, and he DID kill all those dogs. He also knowingly supported an illegal dogfighting operation.

His actions were premeditated and deliberate. His goal was to kill those animals when they didn't do what he wanted anymore.

Donte made a bad judgment call by driving drunk. Are you guys all forgetting that the man he killed WAS CROSSING THE STREET ILLEGALLY?

He WAS NOT in a crosswalk. He tried to beat a car across a busy street. Cars can't stop on a dime.

If Donte would have hit the man sober, he would have been at no way faulted. It would have all been on the man.

Donte should be punished for his DUI (yes, no doubt), but he shouldn't bear ANYWHERE CLOSE TO the full responsibility for the death of the man.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by McKeough View Post
You guys are ALL off.

Donte Stallworth's crime wasn't premeditated. He didn't hop in a car and say, "Time to go kill someone!".

Michael Vick KNEW what he was doing. He WANTED to kill all those dogs. He INTENTIONALLY killed all those dogs, and he DID kill all those dogs. He also knowingly supported an illegal dogfighting operation.

His actions were premeditated and deliberate. His goal was to kill those animals when they didn't do what he wanted anymore.

Donte made a bad judgment call by driving drunk. Are you guys all forgetting that the man he killed WAS CROSSING THE STREET ILLEGALLY?

He WAS NOT in a crosswalk. He tried to beat a car across a busy street. Cars can't stop on a dime.

If Donte would have hit the man sober, he would have been at no way faulted. It would have all been on the man.

Donte should be punished for his DUI (yes, no doubt), but he shouldn't bear ANYWHERE CLOSE TO the full responsibility for the death of the man.
Refer to my above post.. thats what culpability means.. how your mindset was when you were committing the offense.. if you MEAN to do something you get a longer sentence.. if you dont mean to then you are let off with an easier one..

Its bullshit IMO.. If you kill someone (outside of self defense) then you should have to face murder..
Old 06-17-2009, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by brickerenator View Post
Why?

If you were in this situation would you feel that way? Do you deserve to be in jail for 10-20 years for driving drunk?

Yes, it's a STUPID thing to do. VERY stupid. But it's not worth a 20 year jail sentence. If he was sober, he wouldn't even be at fault for killing the man. He tried to beat a car across a busy street. He was an idiot.

It's a tragedy, no doubt. No one wants to see this happen.

If Donte is reinstated into the NFL (which I feel he shouldn't be, nor should Vick. It's a privilege they both abused), it's because he didn't hop in a car and say "Lets go kill someone." like Vick did.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:09 AM

You guys are ALL off.

Didnt know that was the circumstances surrounding the arrest.. I retract my statement about him facing murder charges..

Why?

If you were in this situation would you feel that way? Do you deserve to be in jail for 10-20 years for driving drunk?

Yes, it's a STUPID thing to do. VERY stupid. But it's not worth a 20 year jail sentence. If he was sober, he wouldn't even be at fault for killing the man. He tried to beat a car across a busy street. He was an idiot.

It's a tragedy, no doubt. No one wants to see this happen.

If Donte is reinstated into the NFL (which I feel he shouldn't be, nor should Vick. It's a privilege they both abused), it's because he didn't hop in a car and say "Lets go kill someone." like Vick did.
I am with you on this one.. BUT the situation that I posted about my mother and grandmother should be facing murder IMO

Last edited by silver06cobalt; 06-17-2009 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2009, 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by silver06cobalt View Post
Refer to my above post.. thats what culpability means.. how your mindset was when you were committing the offense.. if you MEAN to do something you get a longer sentence.. if you dont mean to then you are let off with an easier one..

Its bullshit IMO.. If you kill someone (outside of self defense) then you should have to face murder..
Yeah, you posted the same time I did. I didn't get to read it before I posted.

I see what you mean, BUT, like I said... Donte shouldn't be responsible for the mans death entirely.

He shouldn't have been driving, yes... but who's to say the next car, driven by someone sober, wouldn't have hit the guy?

If Donte had been sober, he wouldn't be in trouble. This type of stuff (minus the drunk part), happens quite frequently. People getting hit trying to cross a road that isn't marked by a crosswalk or anything.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:12 AM

Yea he shouldnt be faced with manslaughter charges.. you are absolutely correct that the next person could have very well hit him as well.

BUT people who kill when they are drinking and driving get off WAY too easy..
Old 06-17-2009, 10:17 AM

Didnt know that was the circumstances surrounding the arrest.. I retract my statement about him facing murder charges..

I am with you on this one.. BUT the situation that I posted about my mother and grandmother should be facing murder IMO
Yea he shouldnt be faced with manslaughter charges.. you are absolutely correct that the next person could have very well hit him as well.

BUT people who kill when they are drinking and driving get off WAY too easy..
Sorry to hear about your mother and grandmother. That's terrible.

You're absolutely correct though, that guy made a stupid decision which obviously impaired his driving ability to the point where he was a threat. (Drinking and driving is stupid period.)

He ran a red like because he was drunk, and deserves to be charged with manslaughter and DUI.

That's like Donte hitting the man in a crosswalk. Then he would have been in the same boat.

Up until that point, Donte was driving "responsibly" (If you can see what I mean, I know you can't call drunken driving responsible in any way). He wasn't speeding (I think he was quoted as doing 45 in a 50 zone), not driving recklessly, and he flashed his lights when the man reportedly darted out to try to warn him. He remained at the scene, cooperated, and did everything you would expect of someone.

Now, there's no doubt he shouldn't have been behind the wheel. That's not up for debate. He should be charged with DUI, but I do not believe he should be held accountable for the murder.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:19 AM

In Ontario its worse if you speed then if you drink and drive.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:20 AM

Well put man..

if only the law saw it this way all the time
Old 06-17-2009, 10:37 AM

You guys are ALL off.

well put. and i agree with you to some respect. i dont think he should get 10-20, no way. i do however feel 30 days in inadequate. requardless of him cooperating or the settlement.

if vick gave a million to PETA, do you think his sentence would've been lighter??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: vick vs. stallworth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.