The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.

vick vs. stallworth

Old 06-17-2009, 10:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No Vick didnt get off on a lighter charge because of many reasons, he lied, didnt cooperate, AND he meant to do all that harm to those animals..

Again it comes down to your mindset when you were committing the crime
Old 06-17-2009, 11:39 AM

Courtesy of Jaguars.com...

Joe from Jacksonville:

"How in the world does a man only get 30 days in jail for killing another person and Vick get two years for killing dogs? I know Stallworth got a plea deal, but when has an animal's life become way more important than a human’s? What does this say about our legal system, as well as mankind?"

Vic:

"I’m not an attorney, so don’t accept my words on this subject as anything more than opinion. Having said that, I’ll tell you that Michael Vick’s conviction wasn’t only about crimes against dogs. The most major part of Vick’s conviction was about illegal gaming, which introduces all sorts of underworld concerns, especially for a sports league, whose fans must believe the games are on the up and up. You’re underestimating the scope of Vick’s crime."
Old 06-17-2009, 11:56 AM

Also stallworth called in the accident and also has to serve 1000 hours of community service and he said he will join an organization to prevent DUI's. Vick I believe deserves a second chance and when he does get reinstated to the NFL needs to help join PETA to prevent dog fighting.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:10 PM

neither one of them deserve to get to play. the NFL needs to maintain high standards. whoever breaks the law should lose the opportunity. especially if their crimes are this bad. it pisses me off we allow anyone to 'look up' to these people..

Last edited by philco_3; 06-17-2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Inappropriate language
Old 06-17-2009, 12:12 PM

you know how many players that are still playing that have broken the law? **** if they got rid of them for getting arrested then there would be no more football

BUT i do agree that Vik should not get to play anymore.. the other guy I am undecided on

Last edited by silver06cobalt; 06-17-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-17-2009, 12:16 PM

Being a Bronco fan (**** you Josh McDaniels -- first Cutler and now Marshall?!), I frequent many forums that are Bronco based.

Here is a couple posters from the area:

Since I have resided near the scene of the crime in Florida, I do know this. It is much easier to hit pedestrians in that area b/c the medians are typically heavily landscaped. I once hit a bicyclist in the same area at 8AM on a Sunday morning. I was completely sober, on my way to the gym, and she popped out of nowhere riding on the wrong side of the street.

There is a very high rate of accidents in South Florida involving pedestrians/bicycles/motor vehicles.
Well when you die while in the act of doing something dangerous, and illegal, like crossing a busy street, then YES you are partially at fault. I'm sorry you disagree with this.

And people get hit a LOT while crossing streets illegally, are you telling me you've never seen someone almost get hit? Just yesterday two teenagers crossed a street on Wadsworth and 38th(not at the intersection) which can be pretty busy. They crossed the street assuming I'd slow down(which I obviously did). What would have happened had I not been paying attention? That's right I would smashed into one of them. I doubt very seriously I would have been charged with anything.

You can see the issue at hand here with Stallworth. Had Stallworth NOT been drunk would he have been charged with anything? Most likely not.
Just postly shortly ago. Touches on what was already said here, though.
Old 06-17-2009, 12:26 PM

I feel like they should be able to play. Even though its a privilege to play the game how would the dallas cowboys or baltimore ravens have a team if they couldn't have convicts on the team
Old 06-17-2009, 12:27 PM

thats for sure hahhaa
Old 06-17-2009, 07:38 PM

i dont care for stallworth....thats too much pain and misery for a family to deal with idgaf if he crossed the street at the wrong time....the facts are he killed a man...professional stars get off way too ******* easy idc what anyone says it pisses me off he gets in a way just a slap on the wrist for what he did...no settlement in the world would ever please me for the suffering his ass caused a family lost a father and a husband....i bet a million dollars if this was a typical person who did this they would goto jail EASILY for 15yrs......this is a disgrace...and as for silver06cobalt im truly sorry for what happened to your mother and grandmother my prayers go to you and your family and sorry the man just got 1 year for what he did.....
Old 06-17-2009, 07:49 PM

This is going to sound fucked up but i actually believe killing someone while drunk off your ass is less of a crime then to kill harmless dogs.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:58 PM

vick has to be re-enstated... i doubt that will happen and ATL already gave him his release a while back.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by 2MCHBoost View Post
This is going to sound fucked up but i actually believe killing someone while drunk off your ass is less of a crime then to kill harmless dogs.
In Dante's situation it actually is.. but in any other situation its not in any way..
Old 06-17-2009, 08:55 PM

this world is becoming more and more backwards and fucked up.

i beleive they wanted to make a example out of vick and they did. sadly he killed dogs not a human being.

in this world only one thing talks and thats money
Old 06-17-2009, 09:02 PM

well it didnt help that his dad dimed him out