Who do you guys think has the worst auto insurance? - Cobalt SS Network

Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Community > The Lounge
Who do you guys think has the worst auto insurance? >

Who do you guys think has the worst auto insurance?

The Lounge Off Topic PG-13. Introductions, cars, movies, work, relationships, etc.
View Poll Results: Who has the worst auto insurance?
Progressive
22.50%
State Farm
15.00%
Geico
22.50%
Allstate
10.00%
Farmers
5.00%
Nationwide
7.50%
Other
17.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-10-2008, 09:39 PM

I was just wondering this just for info purposes, who do you guys think has the worst auto insurance. I've had some very bad experiences with progressive and I was wondering if anyone else had the same with them or any other company for that matter.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:43 PM

I have nothing but good things to say about both Progressive (used for ~3 year) and USAA (current). However, State Farm is usually (or always was for me anyways) expensive as ****.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 PM

Progressive has been great to me.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis View Post
I have nothing but good things to say about both Progressive (used for ~3 year) and USAA (current). However, State Farm is usually (or always was for me anyways) expensive as ****.
I wish I could say good things about progressive but, I can't. One of my vehicles got broken into and they wouldn't even cover the stuff because it wasn't bolted to the frame of the vehicle.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:51 PM

Progressive Blows : trust me on this. not only have the screwed me. almost every costomer that goes through out dealership that has them is very unhappy.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 PM

I have State Farm and they hooked me up when my 96 Grand am got stolen. But here in columbus they have a company called Safe Auto and from the adds they want people no one else will accept and they say they give you the state minimal coverage at a low rate or something like that..... thats there motto.. doesn't sound to good to me lol..

When my car got stolen the Audio shop that works for statefarm called me and told me the system I had (Power Acoustic 820 Amp, and 2 10' Pyramid subs) was basically a piece of ****. He was like If you can install this system yourself I can put that money towards something else and hook you up and I was like ok. He sent me a Rockford Fosgate T3002 Amp and 2 12CVR's and a QLogic box. They also put a new bumper on my car and put a new engine in it because the bitch blew it up when she was running from the cops and nailed a cop car lol...
Old 06-10-2008, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss View Post
Progressive Blows : trust me on this. not only have the screwed me. almost every costomer that goes through out dealership that has them is very unhappy.
thats true...it was the same when I worked at a chevy dealership. They had a rep at the bodyshop and they very rarely replaced vehicles with OEM parts. Usually they were cheap aftermarket parts that didn't even fit right
Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by blackngold20 View Post
thats true...it was the same when I worked at a chevy dealership. They had a rep at the bodyshop and they very rarely replaced vehicles with OEM parts. Usually they were cheap aftermarket parts that didn't even fit right
eaither that or used parts.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis View Post
I have USAA now too, they're ok

Originally Posted by widebody_balt_ss View Post
eaither that or used parts.
yup

Last edited by blackngold20; 06-10-2008 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Banned

I have Progressive ONLY cause I can't get anything cheaper.

Few months back my tires and rims were hacked up. Rims badly dented and tires slashed. Gave me absolutely nothing for the tires and $400 to have the rims remanufactured. I fought and fought and they wouldn't budge. I took the $400 and got new tires, my rims still messed up. Next time my insurance is up I will be switching, most likely to Allstate.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:58 PM

My aunt has had some badluck w/ Nationwide.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:59 PM

Not a fan of Allstate.

Have Progressive and cant complain.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:59 PM

I have Allstate for my car and Gieco for my bike. When my girlfriend backed into my hood with her truck .. Allstate was extremely quick with getting it fixed
Old 06-10-2008, 11:26 PM

its no secret i work for geico.. i work in the department that reviews demands from other insurance companies when one of our policyholders hits someone else. here's a few things i've noticed:

1. Progressive reps know JACK about the claims process. I have to make 3-4 calls and usually speak with a supervisor to explain what things are (that anybody in the insurance business should know) and why we are not paying or why we need more info.

2. Allstate will deny a claim simply based on their policyholder's request. This would seem like they are backing up their policyholders but really they're not. if they deny a claim they really should be paying, their policyholder can be sued for 1000s more than the amount of the damages.

3. State Farm seems to take forever to get claims assigned to the right person and actually complete the settlement. I have seen them be quick a few times, but more often than not they are snails.

4. Our biggest downfall is that for many of our claims there is no assigned adjuster, we work as a team. This frustrates people because you likely wont speak to the same person more than once about your claim.

Most of the time the problems people have with their insurance companies is due to a lack of understanding of claims law, civil liability, and their policy contract. Many many many insurance companies sell policies and never really explain the specifics of what is and isn't covered.

Anyone has any questions about insurance or a claim they're going thru just pm me, i have a few claims law designations and access to a lot of parts/repair databases.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:54 AM

I had progressive and hit a deer once. Well They asked if there was any evidence of the deer on my car. When I asked why they told me that the claim would most likely not be valid if there was no "evidence" (blood hair whatever). I just said yes there was. There really wasnt because i just clipped it on the passenger side. We had a deer pelt in our garage from the past hunting season so I went and grabbed a big wad of hair and threw it at my hood before they came to look at it. I switched to Nationwide as soon as it was fixed.

Nationwide has been good to me. The only thing that bothers me is that when you get in an accident that is not your fault they try to get you to use your deductible and have them fix it then they say they will bill the the other people. They are pretty slick about trying to get you to do it too.
Old 06-11-2008, 12:59 AM

So are these based on Clean driving records or with points driving records
Old 06-11-2008, 01:03 AM

Originally Posted by weavagra View Post
The only thing that bothers me is that when you get in an accident that is not your fault they try to get you to use your deductible and have them fix it then they say they will bill the the other people. They are pretty slick about trying to get you to do it too.
thats pretty common insurance practice... many times when you file a claim against other companies, they wont pay anything, even rental or tow bills, until they confirm their policyholder is at fault and they have coverage to pay. this can take anywhere from a day to a month. the reason they offer (and sometimes push) for you to use your own coverage is because they want to get the claim moving and there's no guarantee it will move at all if the other guy doesn't cooperate with his insurance company. if your company isn't offering for you to use your own coverage, they're not doing their job.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:43 AM
Not a Sebring

Geico dropped me like it was hawt.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:43 AM

Allstate
Old 06-11-2008, 10:46 AM

Have had state farm for about 6 years now and have always treated me good, decent discounts and exceptional rates, especially for full coverage.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:26 AM
Banned

I had progressive in my teens because it was too expensive with the others....

Here is my dealings:

I had a 3000gt that was involved in an accident because i swirved when a van load of hispanics pulled out in front of me. Drove off the road and hit a sign (lesson learned i will just ram them next time).

Adjuster took 3 days to come out,
Asked me to go to 5 bodyshops and get different quotes from all of them.
Tried to price everything with refurbished/used parts
Took forever to deliver the check to the bodyshop(was waiting on my car before a check was cut)

They are a bargain basement insurance company that will cheap out on every loophole u can think of. It is not worth the 20.00 bucks a month i save for that kind of hassle.

I use geico and i get the same thing every time.
Adjuster coming to my work (the same one)
Replacing anything damaged without question with OEM parts from the factory
EARLY on checks issued to bodyshops

The customer service is worth the extra amount.

Allstate is wayyyyyy too overpriced for me. Like 400.00 bucks over 6 months overpriced.
Old 06-11-2008, 11:33 AM

Farmers is great. Everyone in my family has them and we get massive discounts, plus the agents are actually honest about what's going on. They seem to have a clue.

Progressive is the worst from what I've seen. Not a single claim any one I've known has filed with that company has been paid. They're all with Farmer's now and my agent's a happy camper since he got 5 referrals from me inside a month.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:53 PM

progressive does suck...lol A female driver hit me on my passenger side of my 02 Z24 the cop wrote me a ticket for failure to yield on a left turn. I told the cop I was clear to turn and there were no other cars in my way. The other driver had other vehicles making a right turn into the same direction I was making a left in front of her. She got impatient, went on the opposite side of the road passing the double yellow lines, hit the gas to get around them saw I was there and it was to late. Come to find out the chick didn't even have insurance. I explained this to the cop and even pointed out to him the direction her car was facing at the point of impact showed that she was coming from the oposite side of the road. He didn't care and wrote me a ticket and wrote her one for failure to provide proof of insurance. I got to court and fight the ticket it got dismissed the cop got pissed on by the judge for writing a dumb ticket and she didn't even show up.

I told progressive this because they were charging me at fault. I told them the ticket had been dismissed and the judge felt it wasn't my fault. None the less, they said they did their own investigation and they still said it was my fault. They paid this uninsured bi$%& for her busted mazda 626 and now thats stuck on my insurance record everytime I ge a quote.

Progressive FTL