Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Mid East (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/mid-east-58/)
-   -   Oct. 21st - Michigan Grudge Match (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/mid-east-58/oct-21st-michigan-grudge-match-31792/)

n4cer 09-10-2006 08:15 PM

Oct. 21st - Michigan Grudge Match

Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Jason, I am from the Michigan Grand Prix Club www.migpc.com I am here to invite you all to an bi-annual private track rental event that our club puts on. The event is called the Michigan Grudge Match (MGM) and it is a quarter-mile drag racing event held at Mid-Michigan Motorplex www.midmichmotorplex.com or as some call it, Stanton.

It is NOT a bracket racing event but for the most part a Test-n-Tune event and you do not have to be from MI to attend. We have many people who made it to the spring event were able to get 15 or so runs in! A majority of the cars running are Grand Prix’s but since most of our vendors/sponsors are getting into mods for your vehicles too (such as ZZP) we want to include you too.

No matter if your car is stock or not, we encourage you to come out and have a great time running your cars with other car freaks! If your car is stock, it is good to get a baseline of what your car runs prior to adding mods. 10% of what your car runs in the ¼ miles is the car, 90% is the driver!! We invite you to come out and have some fun.

What: Michigan Grudge Match (MGM)
When: October 21st, 2006 Noon-6p.m.
Where: Mid-Michigan MotorPlex http://www.midmichmotorplex.com
Why: Too have a damn good time!!

PREREGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!! http://www.migpc.com/store Please be advised that these prices include paypal fees!

Pre-Registration for car and driver is $40 + PayPal fee
Pre-Registration for a spectator is 10 + PayPal fee (best to pay $10 at the gate versus $12 due to PayPal)

Price will be $50 after Saturday Oct. 14th

PLEASE pre-register if racing. Not only is it a cost saver, it also helps us gauge the amount of food needed, hotel load, event cost and even affects in some part future participation from sponsors (ie, more prizes, more freebies!). Possibly getting prizes specific to your cars! Another reason to pre-register....

If you run 13.99 or faster you must wear a helmet!! YOU MUST USE THE SNELL RATED 95 -K98- 2000, 2005 OR SFI 31.1 - 31.2 - 31.1A - 31.2 - 31.1 2005- 41.1 - 41.2 - 41.2A - OR 41.1 2005.

We will be staying at the Super 8 Hotel in Ionia (Sat. night is party time:twothumbs and time to hang out and talk cars) Some of the out of state folks will be staying their on Friday night as well. When I get the final rates and registration information I will post that!

Sponsors so far: ZZP, Morad Parts Company, Easy Performance, Stattama, and Parts For Your Car.com.

A complete list of prizes and sponsors to come.

-Jayson- 09-11-2006 03:15 PM

ekk 40-50 bucks just to test n tune, where your bragging about getting 15 runs in? Rather just go on a normal test n tune night for like 20 bucks. Prolly get more runs in as well

n4cer 09-11-2006 06:02 PM

It is not a normal test-n-tune, it is a PRIVATE track rental for invited guest ONLY! I used the term test-n-tune as a general description so people did not think that this was a Bracket Racing event. You can make UNLIMITED runs in the time period that we have the track. I say 15 because that is a lot for Grand Prix's since we normally let our engines/superchargers cool before running again. If you want to hot lap your car I am sure that you can get more runs in.

This is a regional event and private track rentals are not cheap. Comparing it to the other regional events ours actually is a little cheaper than others. We pay for the track rental, trophies, printed materials, track prep out of the money made.

I hope that makes a little more sense. If anything come on out to the track to spectate, and if you decide to run, just pay the difference. The Club and the vendors would love to see a good showing of Cobalts. :cssNET: We will have at least 2 of the 9 second 3800 V-6 Grand Prix's there too!! ;)

n4cer 09-15-2006 10:59 PM

These are not requirements...just suggestions. I will dispense this advice, based on my own experience.

Simple things to bring that are very helpful:

A gas can w/ gas - Even if it is just 93...you don't want to run out of gas or bum a gas can.

Air - A small cigarette-ligher pump works wonders or a portable air tank. Tire pressure is vital...lower it at the track and raise it before you and leave and while you are still able to stand without a headache...make it home safe and get good gas mileage for the trip home.

A Jack - Even if you do no track prep, make sure you have a jack available; you never know when you might need it.

A big box or plastic container - Too keep your headlights, bolts, interior parts and other weight reductions together. A parking lot full of puked up car guts is confusing, dangerous, and slows us down. I saw several people nearly run over vital car parts they couldn’t see. Avoid this!

Tools - This is obvious but so many people don't bring them to the track. There are few parts stores near Stanton. Don’t get stuck without a tool you left at home you thought you wouldn't need! Not everyone is willing to loan their tool set!

Spark Plugs - You ran too rich on your last pass, now you are running on 5 cylinders. Now what?

patathSS 09-15-2006 11:09 PM

What kind of times do you run Jason?

n4cer 09-15-2006 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by patathSS
What kind of times do you run Jason?

The best is a 14.2 stock with the big'ol "Grocery Getter"! My 99 I was able to get 13.5 out of it with 120K miles on it and just a 3.4 pullery, CAI, and PCM!! Man...I do miss that car!

How about you? Where is your car at?

patathSS 09-15-2006 11:57 PM

My car is here in Kansas with me but I went to school in East Lansing. I may be moving back but I don't know if I will be back in time for this. MY best is 13.32 but I really want the chance to run 12s before the end of the year. So hopefully I'll make it back to this.

n4cer 09-16-2006 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by patathSS
My car is here in Kansas with me but I went to school in East Lansing. I may be moving back but I don't know if I will be back in time for this. MY best is 13.32 but I really want the chance to run 12s before the end of the year. So hopefully I'll make it back to this.

I hope that things work out for ya and you can make it out. We have people that come in from New York, Nebraska, Minesota, Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Canada, and Pennslyvania!! Wouln't mind adding one from Kansas!

We should have at least 2 of the 9 second 3800 V-g Grand Prix's there too. Hey, if you make it, I will buy you a drink (if you drink) or dinner!!!

biniecki 09-16-2006 12:11 AM

Wish I could come but one the price is a little high and I will be attending Nopi Nationals in Norwalk. Too bad the two events are scheduled for the same weekend.

veloom 09-20-2006 11:40 PM

MGM is a great event! I've attended it many times with the Grand Prix I just sold.

Anyone that is able, should attend. You will not be disappointed. The grand prix community is a very friendly group that just love cars.

I hope to attend this year with the Cobalt.

06black 09-20-2006 11:52 PM

WHOA!

hell yea...count my in for this one!

i just hope when i pull in i dont get the "what the shit" look from all the GP guys.

PAT..

i'm gonna beat you into te 12's!!!:cool:

REIGN SS 09-21-2006 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by biniecki
Wish I could come but one the price is a little high and I will be attending Nopi Nationals in Norwalk. Too bad the two events are scheduled for the same weekend.

nopi is the 14th
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...hlight=norwalk

n4cer 09-30-2006 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by veloom
MGM is a great event! I've attended it many times with the Grand Prix I just sold.

Anyone that is able, should attend. You will not be disappointed. The grand prix community is a very friendly group that just love cars.

I hope to attend this year with the Cobalt.

Phil, I hope to see you and your car there! ;)

n4cer 09-30-2006 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by 06black
WHOA!

hell yea...count my in for this one!

i just hope when i pull in i dont get the "what the shit" look from all the GP guys.

You do not have to worry about that....they are all aware that I have invited other groups. Come find me if there are any issues if someone decides to be a "tool"!! :nono: The more people we have show with Cobalts...the more likely we can get prizes for ya too!!

SS33 09-30-2006 01:17 PM

I'll probably be down for this if I don't hafta work.

I know SSpartan was talking about it too, sounded like he was in.

Pat get you ass back here and run some 12's on that nice cold october air.

For any one coming from the detroit area we could meet up since you guys hafta come through lansing anyways.

n4cer 09-30-2006 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by SS33
I'll probably be down for this if I don't hafta work.

For any one coming from the detroit area we could meet up since you guys hafta come through lansing anyways.

As soon as I find out the convoy information for the Grand Prix peeps I can let you know. We normally meet up at TGI Friday's on West Saginaw Hwy. and leave from there. So, as soon as I know that info I can get it to ya.

SS33 09-30-2006 01:44 PM

^^LOL, I'm retarded, can't believe I didn't read that you were from Lansing

Sounds good man :twothumbs

n4cer 09-30-2006 02:03 PM

Hotel Information!!

The Super 8 is filling up fast, we have reserved 35 rooms under Babe Dyer for the night of the 21st (there are only 45 rooms left) The cost will be $57 plus tax. You have until October 9th to book your room at that time they will be released. The hotel number is 616-527-2828 make sure to ask for the Babe Dyer reservation block. Don't wait, make your reservations NOW! Once you make your reservation it will be changed into your room so you will be responsible for it!

Super 8
I-96 at exit 67 (Rt.66)
7245 S State Rd
Ionia, MI 48846
616-527-2828 direct

I highly recommend the hotel stay....the party afterwards is worth it!!!:beer: Sometimes leads to :barf:

You have to say it's the block under Babe Dyer to get the discount!
$57 + tax. 2 double beds or 1 queen beds...NO KINGS available at this location

Any question let me know!

SSpartan 09-30-2006 02:03 PM

Mgm

i heard about this event froma GTP buddy.

he dyoned at 250 hp and 303 trq and that was a long time ago and alot of money ago for him!!

I am coming for sure.

how do we go about preregistering?

I cant wait this eill be my first time at a track in years and the first time with my cobalt SS

Pat your coming back!?!

What kansas not excitng enough for you? ha ha!

Ill will be glad to have you back in th MI dude.

n4cer 10-17-2006 08:57 PM

FOUR more days!! WOO HOO!!

SSpartan 10-17-2006 09:20 PM

hey

hey n4cer you want to get in on some quick dyno time before sat?

at VT's?

n4cer 10-17-2006 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by SSpartan
hey n4cer you want to get in on some quick dyno time before sat?

at VT's?

When were you thinking? We just have our club's Dyno Day there not too long ago. If you are looking to split some cost I am sure we can work out something! ;)

n4cer 10-20-2006 10:02 PM

Anyone that need to get a hold of me that is going to MGM.... Call me (517)819-6111, I more than likely will not have internet access for the rest of the weekend!!

SSpartan 10-21-2006 03:05 PM

Cancelled

Cancelled because of rain.

just talked to a guy there.

they are going to try to do it tommorow during test and tune.

xCobalt05x 10-22-2006 08:19 PM

hey guys, im orginaly from michigan. i now live in norfolk VA thanks to the navy. but anyway, im going to be back home from Nov 9th to the 12th. Was wondering if anyone had any meets going on or anything then. I know it is starting to get really cold around this time but i was just curious.