Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   New Members Check In!! (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/new-members-check-186/)
-   -   Glad to find this forum! Shouting out from PA, north of Pittsburgh (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/new-members-check-186/glad-find-forum-shouting-out-pa-north-pittsburgh-309558/)

speedy031 05-03-2014 03:04 AM

Glad to find this forum! Shouting out from PA, north of Pittsburgh

Recently purchased a 2008 Cobalt LT, 5-speed coupe. 80K on the clock and everything is a mess. Took over a week to get interior clean enough to be able to stand the smell and work on the inside of the car... Ewww.

Well now that most of the cleaning is over with I am looking forward to prepping the car for a supercharger. Most of the engine cleaning has been completed with just the bottom remaining. The car wasn't maintained too well so I immediately changed the oil and filter and put a magnetic drain plug in it.

The goal is to turn the car into an SS but with my own twist and flare. The front has been hit by a deer so the bumper cover is toasted. The rear bumper cover is trashed as well. This means I need to choose a body kit because I am not buying 2 stock covers when the same $ can get something aftermarket that is cooler.

The car runs like a raped ape and the exhaust is currently exiting the broken flex pipe so no restrictions there. It is throwing codes like crazy due to the lack of backpressure and O2 being out of the exhaust flow.

I look forward to meeting some people that are as serious about tuning cars as I am. I need information because up until now every vehicle but for one that I have owned was a VW... lol

Peace...

JP

Nightwalkerhemi 05-03-2014 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by speedy031 (Post 7334923)
Recently purchased a 2008 Cobalt LT, 5-speed coupe. 80K on the clock and everything is a mess. Took over a week to get interior clean enough to be able to stand the smell and work on the inside of the car... Ewww.

Well now that most of the cleaning is over with I am looking forward to prepping the car for a supercharger. Most of the engine cleaning has been completed with just the bottom remaining. The car wasn't maintained too well so I immediately changed the oil and filter and put a magnetic drain plug in it.

The goal is to turn the car into an SS but with my own twist and flare. The front has been hit by a deer so the bumper cover is toasted. The rear bumper cover is trashed as well. This means I need to choose a body kit because I am not buying 2 stock covers when the same $ can get something aftermarket that is cooler.

The car runs like a raped ape and the exhaust is currently exiting the broken flex pipe so no restrictions there. It is throwing codes like crazy due to the lack of backpressure and O2 being out of the exhaust flow.

I look forward to meeting some people that are as serious about tuning cars as I am. I need information because up until now every vehicle but for one that I have owned was a VW... lol

Peace...

JP

Welcome Sounds like its a lot of minor stuff that can be fixed.Dont you like when a rough project turns into a gem,make sure you take pics of all repaired before and after.
Sounds like fun do what you want to it.

Xmetalhead2003X 05-03-2014 09:16 AM

Welcome fellow l61. These base builds are always fun to watch. Just my two cents, not many body kits flow well with these cars body styles. However, you can modify base ls/lt bumper skins and fit them with a lip kit. Or buy the SS bumpers and go that route. Look around and enjoy the site.

Xmetalhead2003X 05-03-2014 09:17 AM

One more thing, why tagged as nws? Where's the tits?

tazmanian devil 05-03-2014 11:32 AM

welcome and we demand tits or gtfo!!

ECaulk 05-03-2014 12:22 PM

Welcome, sounds like a good project, i would go with the stock SS body kit from either a SS/SC or SS/NA

Originally Posted by Xmetalhead2003X (Post 7334966)
One more thing, why tagged as nws? Where's the tits?

I am disappointed, tagged NSFW and no tits

BlackielawlessSS 05-03-2014 01:17 PM

Herro

riceburner 05-03-2014 03:41 PM

No tits equal bans for life

Welcome to the forum!

YelloEye 05-03-2014 08:04 PM

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/51/51d78...5d9c8f906d.jpg

Welcome.

bmartz1991 05-07-2014 08:39 PM

Welcome! I'm pretty close to you.