New Members Check In!! If you're new to CobaltSS, please take a moment to sign-in, introduce yourself and show us your Cobalt!!

New Owner! Looking for advice.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Owner! Looking for advice.

Hey guys! Just picked up my 2006 Cobalt Supercharged SS and I'm loving it so far. Sadly I am having some issues that I'm hoping some of you may be able to offer some solutions for.
Today as I was driving the car died on me. When I tried to start it again you could hear the starter hitting but the engine would not turn over. Later after having the car towed home it sat for an hour or so and after a couple of tries started up. We turned it off waited a while more went out and it started right up again. All of the lights, stereo, etc. was working perfectly so I don't believe its the battery because we tried jump starting it as well. All the wires connecting to the starter are tight. So as of right now I'm leaning towards the cause being a bad starter. I'm going to try to get it tested soon.
Sorry for the long post, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Old 10-08-2017, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 211 Likes on 170 Posts
i see its raining. did you drive through any deep puddles? Doesnt sound like a bad starter if you said you could hear it trying.... also is there a factory or aftermarket intake
Old 10-09-2017, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's a photo from a couple days ago. It was a sunny day when it happened. The previous owner appears to have installed aftermarket exhaust and intake manifold. I purchased it from a dealer and they provided basically no info about any mods it may have. I'm discovering them as I go.
Old 10-09-2017, 08:59 AM

Received 357 Likes on 318 Posts
Welcome
Old 10-09-2017, 12:56 PM

Received 128 Likes on 107 Posts
Your starter wouldn't cause your car to die in the first place though. As to what is causing it I'm no help.